Thread: Order

Default Order

Having some issues lately on Order Shard...am I alone in this?

Several crashes in a 2 hour play window. 5-10 minute recall/port times. Increasing lag.

I haven't changed anything on my computer. This started happening this past weekend. Excessive log in times, then freezing in what is generally non laggy areas and having to reboot.

Anyone else on order experiencing this??
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

you are not alone sadly. i got the nickname 'poof' because of all the DC's i get.

Same here.

Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Post Disconnects

yeap, disconnects happening lately. Also noted, resource respawn seems to have slowed down.

I think this "degrading" of performance over time is pretty much normal (expecially knowing the technology used for the servers) and the AE / Tulga employees knew how to reorganize the data every reboot or every X reboots.

Maybe they did not leave a Post-it on why/how to do it to the new ones?

Maybe when all us Chaos people came over a few weeks back, we brought our problems with us... like a flu virus or something. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    I think this "degrading" of performance over time is pretty much normal (expecially knowing the technology used for the servers) and the AE / Tulga employees knew how to reorganize the data every reboot or every X reboots.

Maybe they did not leave a Post-it on why/how to do it to the new ones?
    no Tulga showed them. However PME/EII bounced a couple of checks that they paid Jeff Gully for doing server maintenance. Since he stopped doing it chaos had been steadily getting worse.

Order has been getting slowly worse, longer recall and port time, longer time to log into game, lots of disconnects. Had 4 disconnects in less than an hour yesterday.
    Qarana
    Fist of the North, Order

Databases are databases. Order was fine until the increased traffic and just ever-expanding database that was bound to happen from normal gameplay. It can't be avoided in any way whatsoever as time will do to Order what it has done everywhere else. Unless a professional comes along to fix the issues everywhere, it's just a matter of time for everyone.

Order seems fine to me, I can log in and play just fine!!!

Not trolling just happy I can play!!
    Bite the Kitty!!

Order had alot of new characters made on it's database when Chaos crashed and it was noticable then already that the server load was getting heavier.

Order does have one advantage which is that they have the owners playing on there so when problems get really big then they might get fixed sooner.

I have a guildie login in on his order alt to contact people to get things fixed on Chaos so that already shows enough to me that Order is being watched better then Chaos.

I hope you lot aren't having to go through what we on Chaos have to go through that at some points we login after maintenance and that the lag is worse then before, this then goes on till 48 hours afterwards.

Currently I'm only playing because I have some set goals I really want to achieve and because I am having fun in game with my girlfriend.

How do you know the owners play on Order shard? Only thing I have ever heard was DANU having some dragon on chaos back when they first bought the game..he made some incomprehensible remarks about being all dragons but for everyone, or some such dither. I'm just curious where you got your info from...noone on the shard has introduced themselves as such as far as I know. And we haven't seen a WM in months.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Sunuke
    Order had alot of new characters made on it's database when Chaos crashed and it was noticable then already that the server load was getting heavier.

Order does have one advantage which is that they have the owners playing on there so when problems get really big then they might get fixed sooner.

I have a guildie login in on his order alt to contact people to get things fixed on Chaos so that already shows enough to me that Order is being watched better then Chaos.

I hope you lot aren't having to go through what we on Chaos have to go through that at some points we login after maintenance and that the lag is worse then before, this then goes on till 48 hours afterwards.

Currently I'm only playing because I have some set goals I really want to achieve and because I am having fun in game with my girlfriend.
    I find the implications that Orders newfound problems are the fault of Chaos making " alot " of new characters. I am reminded of the fact that their aren't even " alot " of people playing Horizons anymore ...total ..period. If that server can't handle ..what...100 new character creations without noticable performance issues than their is alot more wrong than just a few extra players running around for about a week. That may seem like " alot " ..having doubled your number of players online from what...50 to 100, but that's not alot.

The real problem is PME's inability to properly run the game. It was their neglect that caused " alot " of Chaos players to create toons on Order to begin with.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Thread Information