Thread: It was bound to happen....

Default It was bound to happen....

4 attempts to log in...closed out log in after 20 minutes. 3 attempts made from Silentpatcher, 1 from the website. Looks like Hz is swirling in the bowl irrevocably.

I suppose it's a good thing I pre-ordered LoTR. If I can't log in tomorrow in a reasonable amount of time, and boys and girls...20+ minutes sure as hell ain't reasonable, then I guess I'm left with little choise but to cancel my main account too. I'd hoped to retain it and actually play it some even though most of my time will soon be spent in LoTR.

3 years down the tubes...I sure do wish it had MY choise to end it :/
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

yea HZ is in terrible situation and players lost ther nerves without any communication BUT maybe they want that to all players leave themself so they will have very good excuse to shut down HZ completly because no interested subscribers will left

dunno thats one of my oppinion because noone saying anything
    HOPING thats not true

Default Time to catch the ship

The dust stirs and takes form.

It’s Drenzie.

Hello Kwinn. I was a half-gaint scout and multi-100 level crafter. I had the big old plot next to yours up on the mountain. The one that had one of every crafting building, 20+ silos, house, shrine, store, pawn broker, it’s own portal and I don’t remember what else. The one that disappeared the night before I posted this:

===

Fools that we were we thought ourselves immortals. We might fall, but we would always rise again. We were The Gifted. Time passed, and our numbers dwindled. Day after day the number of people who could not die became smaller, but we refused to see.

Eight whole worlds were extinguished and we fled to two new ones. For a little while they seemed crowded with people. Then it began again. The voices of those who survived the trip began to fall silent just as they had in the old worlds. Those who remained talked a little more loudly, a little more often. We filled our world with new buildings to disguise the fact the old towns had few visitors. We did anything to avoid facing The Silence who was stealing the voices of our friends.

I have faced it. The WA is nothing, even the Lag Monster is nothing, compared to the dread finality of The Silence. This foe will destroy us. First I thought to stay until Istaria itself was extinguished, but now I’m leaving. I sold off everything and stand with my friends on the docks in Parsinia waiting for the ship to take us to the World of Warcraft. We may not be immortal, but we have yet the life within us to start again. The boat is here. We’re off to adventure.

===

WOW was only 3 months old at the time. So many of us left, I really thought Horizons might fold then; but it didn’t. You and some others fought on for another two years. Congratulations on keeping a great community together so long. Go ahead, move to a new game and make a new community. Take some friends with you if you can. There are better days ahead.

I mourn for all those that have lost the game that they love.
    Bite the Kitty!!

Hopefully I'll see ya there Kwinn, drop me a pm with your server when ya get there and maybe we can hunt together once more.
    Malacast
    100/100 Dragon
    Drizzat
    140/186 rated Sslisk

Maelstrom
    Order

I'm not having any trouble logging into chaos..

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information