Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's something you guys would like to know.

Default Here's something you guys would like to know.

[11:38am]«@ David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: I've seen the initial lairs in game this week...
    they will take about two months of work is my estimate to make them what we want.

[11:40am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » So, December looks good for lairs. ARoP is being developed and is also on track for that time... etc...

[11:40am]«@ David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: the prices will comparable to other plots of similar scope.

[11:42am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » Peaches: yes, they can keep owning their existing plot, but they won't be able to own another

[11:43am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » DLMyth: the requirements will continue
    to change as we get closer to releasing the ARoP. David-BlightTesting 07 » and it won't be level based

[11:42am]«@ David-BlightTesting» Maltavorn: first Dragon plots will be auctioned.

[11:46am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » DLMyth: the crystals will be one of the motifs within dragon lairs

[11:46am] <DLMyth> Here's a suggestion David. Let us have a representation of our hoard in our lairs. So the same picture you see in the equipemnt screen be the same in our lair. I'll
    sit on that hoard and never get out of my home.11:47am]«@ David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: we are investigating something like that :-)

[11:49am] <DLMyth> David will Helian & Lunus differ greatly as an Ancient? [11:50am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » DLMyth: for the ARoP we're concentrating on offering much greater variance between the two

11:52am] <DLMyth> David how will claw slots work? Will it add to what we have now or change the way dragons fight all together? 1411:52am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 »
    DLMyth: think of them as comparable to the monk hand wraps... will that change your play,
    will for some, won't for others

[11:53am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » Elfie: they will allow the use of crystals... and crystals are getting a complete makeover

[12:05pm] 07« 14 Onnidrah 07 » David Should it ever be able to mount a dragon ? [12:07pm]«@ David-BlightTesting» Onnidrah: we have as a goal that dragons will be able to invite bipeds to be carried at the control of the dragons. This requires some reexporting of
    models and some client/simulation programming, but is understood on how it will function.
    Not going to happen in next month, but is on the list. I personally will never take rides from strangers.

12:13pm] <DLMyth> David how are going to get the lair shaping skill? Will it magically
    appear like ingenuity or do we need to quest for it???12:14pm]«@ David-BlightTesting»
    DLMyth: haven't made up my mind yet

12:15pm] <DLMyth> David, when we build the lair will it be more on par with a biped plot? In other words, do we get to see the whole plot and add rooms to it? Also, after that do we
    just add the required parts?12:16pm]«@ David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: let me make sure what we intend works, and then I'll make an official description available.

12:22pm]«@ David-BlightTesting» Drevar: dragon plots will obviously have a surface portion through which you enter the Lair. From here, dragons will be able to extend their Lair based on the size of the "plot". The passages and rooms that they add must extend from existing excavated space.

12:28pm]«@ David-BlightTesting» I can say now that dragons will be able to build their own lairs...

You can all wet in your pants now[;)][:P]

Matthew The Mage

Default Re: Here's something you guys would like to know.

now that sounds cool

[11:43am] 07« 15@ 14David-BlightTesting 07 » DLMyth: the requirements will continue
    to change as we get closer to releasing the ARoP. David-BlightTesting 07 » and it won't be level based

so does that mean ARop will not be based on are Lvl? I am 100adv but 58 craft and im hating every step to raise my craft and I hope this will aplly to are craft lvl to cause i would much rather spen days on end doing task for AROPthan grind my craft above 80

Well, this sounds very interesting. Lairs and ARoP... [:D] Good news, good news.

About ARoP level limit; that's not entirely true if we start splitting hairs. [;)] There is a level limit: since you have to become adult before turning ancient, you must at least meet the level reqs for adulthood... so for Lunus ancient that is at least 30 adv 30 cra or thereabouts.

... I think I'll just [:#] now.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Sounds good, lets hope there are enough lairs for all dragons.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Wont be level based...

I wonder what that means.

-Hoard
    -Age of Character
    -Possibly Age of Character after the RoP is completed
    -Crafting 'skill' which would really mean levels... and would kind of shaft the adventuring side...

Wish they would give us some idea so we could at least prepare for it...

Wonder if everyone will be an ancient by January.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

All sounds very positive, i can see now (being a prankster) flying a back full of bipeds into the ocean [6]

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Reordered, he he.

Quote Originally Posted by DLMyth
    [11:38am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: I've seen the initial lairs in game this week... they will take about two months of work is my estimate to make them what we want.
    [11:40am]«David-BlightTesting» So, December looks good for lairs. ARoP is being developed and is also on track for that time... etc...
    [11:40am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: the prices will comparable to other plots of similar scope.
    [11:42am]«David-BlightTesting»Peaches: yes, they can keep owning their existing plot, but they won't be able to own another
    [11:42am]«David-BlightTesting» Maltavorn: first Dragon plots will be auctioned.
    [11:46am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: the crystals will be one of the motifs within dragon lairs
    [11:46am] <DLMyth> Here's a suggestion David. Let us have a representation of our hoard in our lairs. So the same picture you see in the equipemnt screen be the same in our lair. I'll sit on that hoard and never get out of my home.
    [11:47am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: we are investigating something like that :-)
    [12:13pm] <DLMyth> David how are going to get the lair shaping skill? Will it magically appear like ingenuity or do we need to quest for it???
    [12:14pm]«David-BlightTesting»DLMyth: haven't made up my mind yet
    [12:15pm] <DLMyth> David, when we build the lair will it be more on par with a biped plot? In other words, do we get to see the whole plot and add rooms to it? Also, after that do we just add the required parts?
    [12:16pm]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: let me make sure what we intend works, and then I'll make an official description available.
    12:22pm]«David-BlightTesting» Drevar: dragon plots will obviously have a surface portion through which you enter the Lair. From here, dragons will be able to extend their Lair based on the size of the "plot". The passages and rooms that they add must extend from existing excavated space.
    12:28pm]«David-BlightTesting» I can say now that dragons will be able to build their own lairs...

[11:43am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: the requirements will continue
    to change as we get closer to releasing the ARoP.and it won't be level based
    [11:49am] <DLMyth> David will Helian & Lunus differ greatly as an Ancient?
    [11:50am]«David-BlightTesting» DLMyth: for the ARoP we're concentrating on offering much greater variance between the two

11:52am] <DLMyth> David how will claw slots work? Will it add to what we have now or change the way dragons fight all together?
    [11:52am]«David-BlightTesting»DLMyth: think of them as comparable to the monk hand wraps... will that change your play, will for some, won't for others
    [11:53am]«David-BlightTesting» Elfie: they will allow the use of crystals... and crystals are getting a complete makeover

[12:05pm]«Onnidrah» David Should it ever be able to mount a dragon ?
    [12:07pm]«David-BlightTesting» Onnidrah: we have as a goal that dragons will be able to invite bipeds to be carried at the control of the dragons. This requires some reexporting of models and some client/simulation programming, but is understood on how it will function. Not going to happen in next month, but is on the list. I personally will never take rides from strangers.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Yea, I was under the impression that there was a level requirement of 100/100 minimum for ancient. I just can't wait to buy my cliff side lair overviewing the ocean. I just hope 2g is enough because I'm a broke dragon.[:'(] Buying those dam export forms is killing me[8o|] Either way, I do hope DB post some more information on the subject matter by December.

Going to be quite lame to see a level 40 ancient flying around... quite lame indeed...
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by DLMyth
    Yea, I was under the impression that there was a level requirement of 100/100 minimum for ancient. I just can't wait to buy my cliff side lair overviewing the ocean. I just hope 2g is enough because I'm a broke dragon.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-9.gif[/img] Buying those dam export forms is killing me[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img] Either way, I do hope DB post some more information on the subject matter by December.
    I think that was something some player made up because it sounded good. Probably a player who was 100/100.

Of course, most of the real requirements for the adult ROP aren't level based either. Skill based and hoard based of course.

Thanks for posting that. It sounds pretty cool.

I hate to think what the HV requirements will be for the ARoP.

I thought the hoard requirement for adult RoP was pretty reasonable. I would be VERY surprised if it's anything aweful like 25 mil or something although I don't know for sure. If it IS 25 mil then I'm in trouble because at this rate it'll take me a couple years to get there. However, I doubt it.

If I had to guess I'd figure a couple million or so. But I'm going to be working on my hoard pretty continuously until then just to be safe.

I agree that teh HV requirements for the RoP was fine, for what you get as reward outweighs everything you have to go through for the RoP in my opinion.

I was more concerned about the ARoP requiring a stupidly high HV, although then again we dont know what rewardfs will come with the completion of the ARoP yet so we dont know whether it would be worth it or not = )

Lairs. Good, I just want crystal structures (like in the dragon cities) and similar functionality as the biped plots (storage and dragon machines). I am estatic that dragons won't need biped help (as it should be). Oh, there better be a way to keep bipeds out w/o red barrier the plot (I guess after they add doors to biped plots).

As for plot auctions . . . well I would hope for a factor of dragon playing time. Alas this is easily exploitable with alts and due to the post merged plot bidding (winning then selling a plot worth more than your pre-merge plot token). But, it is the simple way to do it, and to use their "auction technology" they hyped of.

The down point, of course, is this "about two months of work is my estimate to make them what we want. . .So, December looks good for lairs." Based on past experience, February is a likely time frame for relatively bug free lairs. Remember, floating lairs were nearly ready at release.

Become an Ancient Helian/Lunus. Dang, I hate this RoP/ARoP terminology as we will forget(or haveforgetten) what the heavily lore based quest is. So it "won't be level based", well the two Ancient NPCs are level 95, so that is a minimum. To be consistent with the Hatchling's quest, it will involve certain tests (so likely rating 100+ monsters and errands), making aStatue of your Ancient self (crafting some exotic material),and crafting a phylactery (again, to capture energies to empower yourself into the Ancient size).

I only hope for two things: Sufficient IG dragon playing time (long, and not exploitable by parking a dragon and be AFK or macroing the toon then actively playing biped alts) and Minimal biped involvement (yes, they have their "piece of the action" with having plots first, multiclassing, all these biped only drops, and soon Blighted items).

Claw slots. Great, as long as they can help my Helian spellcasting. Don't need yet another melee aid.

Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

all in all sounds very interesting indeed...ty for the info david and to yall for postin it here. cant wait for all of the above, passengers and all...we'll show them nakas what its like to be able to soar [:P]
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

temato

Last thing i heard regarding ARop was the requirement was age of character.

I also heard the age to be stated from a post on tazoon by DB to be 1 year.

So if u created a dragon on January 9 and ARop becomes available on January 9 then u can do the quest.

If the time requirement was 1 year, I could deal with no real level requirement like the RoP.
    Vesuvius Veix

No offence but does anyone have a link for where that was said regarding the year requirement for the ARoP?

Probably just a rumor based on something said back in beta. Like manythings, the chance of it actually going live exactly as it was stated is relatively small. Though, I would love to be proved wrong ;)
    Vesuvius Veix

Thread Information