Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's something you guys would like to know.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Default Re: Here's something you guys would like to know.

When i first started playing someone told me my Dragon must be 3 months old to do my RoP, though if im correct that was just a rumour also, as i finished my RoP quite a while before he was 3 months old.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

temato

I can't provide a link for the one year requirement but it was posted on tazoon back in july or august that DB said he wanted an age requirement of 1 year to do the ARop.

Not trying to be nit picky/annoying here but did he say he WANTED it to be or it WOULD be?

Yay! Finally some info! [Y]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666
    When i first started playing someone told me my Dragon must be 3 months old to do my RoP, though if im correct that was just a rumour also, as i finished my RoP quite a while before he was 3 months old.
    If somebody told you three months they were making it up or they heard that from somebody who was. Before the ROP went live it was widely believed there would be a real time played requirement because they had said so in a dev diary written long before beta even started although what that requirement would be was never said. People were speculating all sorts of times and 3 months would have been typical. They obviously decided to drop it at the last minute.

It took me four months to become adult, not because I was taking my time leveling or anything -- I was level 65 when I grew up -- but because it was four months from the time I created my dragon (on release day) to the time the ROP went live. Until then there were several level 100 dragon hatchlings running around.

AE can make it anything they like and anything is subject to change right up to when it becomes live. If someone heard DB say a year then I'd give that a lot of weight, but he can always change his mind. I also find it interesting that they wanted to have the AROP ready a year after release -- sort of backs that up. But again, who knows for sure?

Maybe they will make the requirement two years and say "ha, you were all whining about havng the ARoP in game, well it is now"

Atleast we wouldnt be able to complain about how buggy it was, because no one could even do it........

The answer to your questions if you havent gathered so as of yet, YES i am very strange...

...I think making one of the reqs your game-time is a VERY good idea...

Marrek

Well I cant say for sure but when i was talking to David the other week about this, he said Hoard isnt being one of the focal points for ARoP and he hinted towards the "age" of the character/account too but Ill be honost at the time he was much more vauge then this posting so i cant say for sure. But myself, i am not expecting a hoard req or a high hoard req for it if there is one.

Alphamale

Ive got a question regarding the HV of adults and potentially the ARoP.

Im level 75adv 65 craft, and according to the hoard chart, I should have around 7 million to be on par with my level and get the armor/breath bonus. IF 7million is the HV I need for that, how can the hoard requirements for Ancient RoP be any less than a higher level dragon.. which at 100 is something like 23 million?

Will the Hoard requirement (if any) of Ancients potentially be less than the Hoard requirements of a dragon like myself?

Windaar

Having a RL character life limit would be an awful idea. I've been playing my dragon 2 months. Let's say I reach 100 in another 4 months and there was a RL character age limit of one year to become an Ancient Dragon? Wait around 6 months of RL?You kidding me right?

No Im definitely not kidding. Ive been playing since release and I have had to wait. You can wait too.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

temato

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666
    Not trying to be nit picky/annoying here but did he say he WANTED it to be or it WOULD be?
    WANTED

Sry to cause confusion reading back over my posts i completely understand.

One misconception. When they've talked about real world time it has NEVER been time online. It's always been calendar time since your character was created whether you played it or not. Yes it's easy to get around that by creating a dragon and parking it, but it's also easy to get around a time played requirement too just by being logged on and afk all the time.

Lilkewise, don't expect any sympathy from me if you have to wait 6 months. I've had to wait a year.

Exactly.
    Vesuvius Veix
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Firein

making people who started playing this game after release wait to do Arop is silly, so what if u had to wait

punishing them is not the way to go about making it fair

like anything in life is fair anyway

just get arop in game

You're not being punished. You don't have to put up with anything that those who came before you didn't have to put up with and often worse.

Ancient may be for people who show a committment. People who powerlevel their way up in 6 months and quit may never see ancient.

Ancient is ANCIENT. Someone who is ancient has been around awhile. They're OLD. I think a real world time requirement is pretty reasonable for a title of ANCIENT.

From a player perspective, if I see a biped character rated over 120 (at 100 cap) or an Ancient dragon . . . that player should know Istaria inside and out . . . as in where the Towers are (and their names), portals to the Satyr Islands, . . . basically . . . know Horizons. Dragons of fantasy are usually very knowledgable.

If AE follows what a traditional Ancient dragon should be, then it would be IG time (real life AND playing time . . . don't create then play your biped alt then powerlevel to Adult then Ancient). Hoard also, as hoard reflects what dragons are good at, collecting valuable items (they should just revise hoard so it is more useful per Istarian lore - hoard powered attacks, leave armor out of it, giving us better armor/level).

Finally, they should be rare. I am hoping they limit biped multiclassing between 101 and 120 for characters to be distinguished in their class. Somehow, level 120 Ancients should be rare . . .how, I don't know (perhaps have hoard level as a part of adventuring leveling).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Firein
    making people who started playing this game after release wait to do Arop is silly, so what if u had to wait

punishing them is not the way to go about making it fair

like anything in life is fair anyway

just get arop in game
    So what if I had to wait? So what if you do. No one is being punished if it is a requirement for everyone. Just because you may not meet that requirement doesnt mean its wrong.

You dont like the idea just because you want Ancient as soon as possible. I want it not because I have been playing from release, but because I think it should be extremely hard to get and when someone is an anceint it shows dedication and commitment to playing a dragon, someone that was willing to truge through thick and thin to get there, not some 14year old that can play 9 hours a day and grind his way mindlessly to the top in a few months. If you arent willing to play long enough to get ancient, then you dont want it bad enough. It separates those who want it and those who think they want it, and that is JUST how it should be.
    Vesuvius Veix

Morenth

Thx for those great informations [Y]

Just what I think about ARop :

- I'm a pure Lunus Dragon, and I would be reallyangry ifI must be 100 adv/100craftto begin the ARop.

- I hope that ARop will be "tendance based" : if you're a Lunus, then lvl 95+ adv and 50+ craft for example, and if you're Helian, then lvl95+ craft and lvl 50+ adv ... And real differences between ancient drags for each tendances [H]

- Same advice as everyone about a HV requirement (if any of course) : full amount of hoard for my lvl 100 is totally insane, and would be never reached by a lot of drags.

- Game time : Bah, I know a lot of drags who are afk all the days (when they are at work, school, etc.), only to increase their "in game time" ... Don't think it's very fair to have a req on this point.

- We'll see what we'll have in 2 months [:D]

Quote Originally Posted by Morenth

Thx for those great informations [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

Just what I think about ARop :

- I'm a pure Lunus Dragon, and I would be reallyangry ifI must be 100 adv/100craftto begin the ARop.

- I hope that ARop will be "tendance based" : if you're a Lunus, then lvl 95+ adv and 50+ craft for example, and if you're Helian, then lvl95+ craft and lvl 50+ adv ... And real differences between ancient drags for each tendances [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    Im a 'Helian' dragon, and I disagree with you there. NOTHING in the lore supports helians being crafters and Lunus being adventurers. I chose Helian because I wanted to be a caster, not a crafter.

I hate crafting. Its boring through and through. Regardless, crafting /is/ a part of being a dragon and in order to be fair to both the crafting side and the adventuring side, the requirements should reflect both.
    Vesuvius Veix

Thread Information