Thread: Its been so long..

Question Its been so long..

Ive recently been thinking about rejoinning Horizons..after I finally got enough memory for my computer,I used to play about..4 years ago? I have noticed that there arent very many people at all that still play and no one I know even knows what Horizons is!
    I want to be able to play with a group of people,not just by myself,also I would be a dragon..but it takes how long to become an adult again?
    But yes,I was wondering if it is even worth it to rejoin,or will I be putting my money into something not worth it anymore?

P.S. I am sorry if this isnt the right forum. Just thought it fit.

also this is a new account I made awhile back. I used to have an older one but forgot it.

game is atm in hard state but definetly worth joining and enjoing in play. how long to become adult depends for sure on playstyle of each individual but can be done in about 2weeks to 1 month offcourse on playing hours per day. atm Unity and Blight shard is closed how long noone knows or is they definetly closed because lack of information from official game owner. Chaos also getting lately lots of new players but Order also have very nice community. my advise if you decide to visit Istaria again you will find many helpfull people and visit "new player assistance channel" or marketplace and dont be scared to ask, also pay month by month. hoping i help you with some of information

You should have no problem making new friends. Visit the New Player Assistance and the Dragon chat channels they can help a lot. I've seen a number of folks returning to the game lately many starting new charactors.

in case you do not like it I suggest not using a bank check card or a CC with a high credit limit due to continued billing issues.

a small bit of prudent advice.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

It takes as long as you WANT it to take to become an adult. Tagath is over 3 years and still a 44 HATCHLING.

He's getting those level 50 hatchling scales before adulthood.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thank you guys,I think i may try out the free trial before joining up again.

Dang..I cant do the Trial account because it requires a credit card,which my dad wont do because im already paying for a game currently. A trial account shouldnt require a credit card...

It needs it for validation reasons. No charges are made until after the first month trial expires.

However there are some people that have claimed to have been triple billed etc and with the lack of communication, denial whatever i wouldn't call these rumours nor truths.

I have heard people say that the topics discussing these billing problems were locked / deleted. As such i'd leave it up to you to decide though as its with your fathers credit card i wouldn't personally risk it. Perhaps hang around until you see some communication and progress from ei/pme/whatever it is?

Default way to pay

Tell your father to purchase a "gift" card from the bank. Pay him, then he buys a "credit" card that he loads with money. It looks exactly like a debit or credit card, has either Visa or Mastercard logos on it, but it doesn't bill you since you pre-paid.

I know my bank Washington Mutual can set that up for a person, ask your own bank about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna
    Tell your father to purchase a "gift" card from the bank. Pay him, then he buys a "credit" card that he loads with money. It looks exactly like a debit or credit card, has either Visa or Mastercard logos on it, but it doesn't bill you since you pre-paid.

I know my bank Washington Mutual can set that up for a person, ask your own bank about it.
    This is definitely the way to go, but only put a small amount into it, like 3 months game fees at a time, at most. The billing issues can be such that it becomes far simpler to just cancel the card, which is pretty painless for cards like this. Regular CC's can be much more of a hassle, and you can lose a lot more money if things go poorly.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

With a creditcard there isn't risk, you just file a complaint and get the charge reverse. The creditcard will charge back the billing company with a hefty service for doing that. Now a debit card you should never ever use online, you have zero protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakkanoth
    It needs it for validation reasons. No charges are made until after the first month trial expires.

However there are some people that have claimed to have been triple billed etc and with the lack of communication, denial whatever i wouldn't call these rumours nor truths.

I have heard people say that the topics discussing these billing problems were locked / deleted. As such i'd leave it up to you to decide though as its with your fathers credit card i wouldn't personally risk it. Perhaps hang around until you see some communication and progress from ei/pme/whatever it is?
    actually the Montana AG thinks them truths and has evidence to pursue an investigation. Its fact give them a buzz they will have no problems telling you they are doing so.

As well a bug remains with the old system in which a trial account gets billed right away. But to be fair to PME/EI this was present before they took over. However they have done nothing to fix it for over 6 months now.

That being said get a cc that you have to refill cash wise once and awhile. Use that its pretty safe and should tell you if the game is for you.

Seperate the game from its other issues and just look at the game. Its ok but IMO other games now and coming out soon offer better quality experiences at this time.

Thread Information