Thread: Remember when?

Default Remember when?

Did a little digging, which is a bit difficult since the PME web-site doesn't seem to work any more.

Remember when PME mentioned getting a partner for development? I can't find that particular thread now, but I regall that it was HGI Games (Though I could be wrong)

Anyways, seems there is a new game out there (Currently in closed beta) called "Immortals":

http://public.cbeta.immortalsusa.com...gistration.htm

Guess what? It's owned and or ran by PME and HGI Games, though I'm a bit confused as to who is doing what as it pertains to game development and operation.

So now I have to wonder (besides how long it will take for this thread to get locked/deleted)....

Did EI/PME buy Horizons so they could use ideas, materials, etc from Horizons in the new game without having to worry about infringing copyrighted materials?

What I also find interesting, I could find no connection between PME and Immortals via their GameIntruder or MyGameHaven web-sites. Only by going to the beta-application site (see-above) do I see the bottom line: COPYRIGHT 2007 - PIXEL MAGIC ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

What all does this mean for Horizons? Like everyone else, not a freaking clue and considering I haven't seen any communication from PME since last year, kinda glad I left for another game.

To all my friends here on Order (of which I see there are fewer of them now), I bid you all farewell and good luck.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default 'Tis sad....

I frequently check back on the boards to see if anything has changed. It appears to be as stagnant as swamp water. Aael...I posted something recently on the Guild's web site. I miss all of you but find the lack of content and challenge in Horizons to be stale. I checked out the web page in your post. They are still using Front Page 4.0 which just seems so sloppy and uncaring. Down and Dirty and a way to get a message out to make a quick buck. This post may or may not get wiped out - But I don't give an Amethyst Golem's butt. It proves to me what I knew months and months ago...an unprofessional demeanor and uncaring attitude to the people they intend to serve.

I am having fun with EverCrack II on the Lucan DeLere server...ever since they released Echoes Of Faydwer and with all the changes they made - the game is beautiful and fun to play.

If I remember correctly, I think Immortals is being developed overseas in China or another Asian country and PME is a distribution partner, but not the actual developer. Since they have almost totally destroyed any good future for Horizons, they are probably trying to put all their time into that thing now. The future of their company probably depends upon it and they use Horizons only as a source of money to hold them over til it is released. Personally, I'd not give them a bent rusty nail to play the game no matter how good it is. PME/EI does not deserve to have a succesful product after the disgrace they created here.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    If I remember correctly, I think Immortals is being developed overseas in China or another Asian country and PME is a distribution partner, but not the actual developer. Since they have almost totally destroyed any good future for Horizons, they are probably trying to put all their time into that thing now. The future of their company probably depends upon it and they use Horizons only as a source of money to hold them over til it is released. Personally, I'd not give them a bent rusty nail to play the game no matter how good it is. PME/EI does not deserve to have a succesful product after the disgrace they created here.
    PME are distributors? rofl. How are they going to advertise..their spam newsletter they send out? hahaha. Mebbe Immortals will get reallly lucky and PME will actually include uptodate info...
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

well any email addy you put into there for your account is being spammed by PME so yeah it does seem like they do use the account emails to advertise

Probably a zero-chance of them doing much with it. It was clear from the beginning that EI had no intentions to develop the game, and if they changed their mind when they finally realized they were failing there's not much they can work with besides the server tech. If I remember correctly Tulga kept the rights to the server technology. Depending on whatever the details of the handoff were EI may or may not be able to use the technology for another game. This assumes they are actually capable of doing something with it.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Looks like some horrid manga thing, doesn't it..?

Thread Information