Thread: Comment on the White horn/teeth/claws mod

Default Comment on the White horn/teeth/claws mod

Well, I installed the mod, but my character doesn't have white teeth(/horns in khutit)

I did 'research' and its the scales I chose, is there someone who can fix this so it does it for all scales?
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

I may be wrong, but I remember when the mod first came out that a lot of players were hoping for it, though I think it was stated that it was not possible because of the tinting of the textures. I will admit that my memory is definately getting fuzzy as I get older, though. So I might be in error. There was a little application floating around called "AGH viewer" that would allow you to see and possibly save the textures in a form that would allow you to edit them if you wanted to experiment, though I have no idea how to get it anymore.

Fridlekh

Thanks for the replies, but I tried to download it, it wouldn't open

Help make Evarus grow!

It was working fine for me. Did you try downloading the DLLs that it requires? I did not seem to have to and it worked fine.

BTW, thanks Fridlekh.

Fridlekh

Also note: Since it's written in C#, it's not really a windows "Executable" so much as bytecode ... and IE will try to run it instead of giving you the option to download if you just click the link. Hence the [Right click, Save as] comment after the link.

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, are any of the other utils that I've written worth uploading and linking to? AGH2DDS is dwarfed by AGHViewer, and the client will automagically convery TGA->AGH, making DDS2AGH more useless than ever.

There's still the logmarkers program... but now that I have a viable HZ packet sniffer, I should really just completely-re-write the thing to snoop on network traffic instead of parsing a text file... which means I'd need a reliable packet-decoder too though :P Asside from my own (limited) curiosity on if I can actually accomplish it, is there any interest in persuing such efforts? I ask because If I'm just doing it for myself it'll be sure to just be another half-baked console app, with no pretty GUI :P
    Last edited by Fridlekh; April 16th, 2007 at 06:53 AM.

Default Re: Comment on the White horn/teeth/claws mod

I looked at your Proxy application and...

it suggested me so many things now that Unity is no more.

I finally downloaded the AGH Viewer, but I'm not sure how I can 'edit' it

Help make Evarus grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    I finally downloaded the AGH Viewer, but I'm not sure how I can 'edit' it
    Hit Ctrl+S to save as TGA, or right click the image to select a different format to save in (not all formats preserve transparency) Images are edited using other programs, like photoshop.

Note that if an image has non power of 2 dimensions, they will be displayed and saved with dimensions at the next power of two ... eg: 48x112->= 64x128 so be sure to resize to the correct dimensions before editing.

HZ will (under certain conditions) automagically convert TGA (as well as JPG, BMP, PNG, and possibly DDS) to AGH. it's been well over a year now since I've done it though. :P you might need to launch without a master_file_list (use a batch file, or launch def)

... I'm not having any luck trying to get it working myself x_x even tried the command line param: updateAGH and the debug log says: updating agh from command line, but no conversion. huh.

Try adding this to your Commands_Player def
    Code:
    		//aghConvert
    		{
    			string name = "aghConvert"
    			string abbrev = "agh"
    			string usage = "<filename>"
    			string description = "Converts an image to AGH format"
    			int numParams = 1
    			int minParams = 0
    		}
    put your texture to be converted into the textures folder, launch the game without a master file list present, then ingame use /agh [filename] to convert the file from whatever format you saved in to agh. [You can use the resources_override folder to prevent patching from destroying your files.]

Hey Fridlekh, got a question for you that is similar but not related to the agh conversions.

I have been wanting to play with the models and animations from Horizons in Maya for a while now. The problem is that I don't have the Granny 3D plugin that would convert them to a format that Maya can understand. Do you know of any way to do it?

Mainly, I want to fix the slit throats on the dragons. Would be a very simple matter to snap 3 vertices on the head model down to match the neck on the body model. Two minutes to load, snap and save for each head. But I also would like to mess with the animations as well. Maybe create a bunch of new ones for all the races that could be put together for an emote pack, though I have not done much character animation as of yet so it would take me a while to make something decent. Would be a good opportunity to learn, though.

Nothing very interesting but you can still use the granny3d viewer to check how every gr2 files are
    http://www.radgametools.com/down/Gra...ewer_setup.exe

Yeah, I've used the viewer before. Can see some pretty interesting things with it. Though it is not the easiest thing in the world to use. Maybe I'll try it again sometime. But it is basically useless for modifying models and animations, unfortunately.

Where can I download the white horns teeths etc... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grox View Post
    Where can I download the white horns teeths etc... ?
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12230

Bottom of the first post by Cobal. =)
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

There is also Solitaire's horns, teeth, coloured mouth mod - which works with the new Khutit heads:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ighlight=horns
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Thread Information