Thread: HElp!??

Default HElp!??

my friends havin trouble startin hz, it says

The patching process has failed, please ensure that:

1.You trust digitally signed content from tulga games
    2. you are an administrater on this computer
    3.you have the .NET framework 1.1 installed....etc

can anyone help me with this stuff??

Sounds like he has IE7 installed. I recently installed Horizons on my laptop and ran into the same kinds of errors. Others have said that adding istaria.com to the trusted list will fix the problem, but it did not work for me. Every time it wanted to install launcher.ocx, it would ask me if I wanted to then would proceed to tell me that it could not becasue it was not trusted. I ended up uninstalling IE7 and it worked fine in IE6. 7 is a PoS anyway.

Lightbulb

There's a link on the login page https://horizons.istaria.com/help.aspx that might help.

I'm using IE7 and followed this and it worked.
    Trouble Installing ActiveX Launcher -When you click the Play Horizons button, you may receive an error message stating "The Horizons Patcher is not correctly installed." and are informed that "The ActiveX control was not installed on your system."- If following the security steps above and confirming you are a local administrator doesn't resolve the problem, you can manually install the ActiveX Launcher. This is sometimes required where internet security software is blocking ActiveX controls from installing, but you are unable to configure the internet security software to allow ActiveX installs. To manually install the ActiveX Launcher, perform the following steps:
    • Download the ActiveX control by pasting the link below into your browser and pressing Enter:
      https://horizons.istaria.com/controls/launcher.ocx
    • You will be prompted to either save or open the file. Click Save and specify "c:\program files\tulga games" as the destination folder. Do not specify "c:\program files\tulga games\horizons" as the destination folder.
    • You have now downloaded the ActiveX Launcher. Register the ActiveX Launcher by clicking Start then clicking Run and typing:
      regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\launcher.ocx"
      Note: The quotes above are required
    • You should receive a message that says, "Succeeded". If not, confirm you have downloaded the control to "c:\program files\tulga games" and are entering the text correctly.
    • Close all web broswers and log back in to https://horizons.istaria.com
    • You should now be able to launch Horizons
    Hope this helps

Gim.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

YAY... you rock gimbold. my game is patching now and i will soon play HZ under Vista!!!! AAAAAHAHAHA!!!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: HElp!??

Good luck at that. I've not heard too many people having success. Oh, they can patch, but Vista goes stupid when it runs the actual Horizons.exe for the game.

If you have a solution for that, PLEASE POST IT!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Default Re: HElp!??

C'gan, i am having the exact same problem... i am getting a 0xc00000fd error when i start my Horizons game.

Thread Information