Thread: game development

Default game development

i ve been in game for some time and noticed it cahnged many owners. too many to get things done for the game. like adding content.

i also noticed there r many ppl that love this game and are developers in reali lives. so i m just wondering if there is any interest in those ppl and the company that they get involved in helping with getting things going with their skills. maybe i m the wrong person to ask this as i have no skill and couldnt help with it to set an example.

i ask this because i ve seen today a person return after a long time to say the game is dead. to me its not but that persone got me wondering if it can be more alive and how not to just stand there watch how things happen but instead help them happen faster.

Default Re: game development

That person had it right, don't worry about it.. nothing you can do.

He is right, there is not a lot that can be done. Horizons was bought by people who did not have the ability to do anything other than deliver a mortal blow to a game that was recovering from a rough start. It would never have been a major player but it use to have a modest future.

The only thing you could do is find someone with a lot of money who did not mind throwing some away. Somehow get the rights away from these people and hire some who know what they are doing and Horizons might have the chance to survive a few more years with slow development. As it is, don't expect to see anything from EI. They don't even have the ability to fix a billing system that would make them more money if it worked properly. If they can't even fix that to be in compliance with federal law, they will never manage to fix some of the more complex systems nor add content since they destroyed the Blight server which was an essential part of the process.

There are a lot of people who would like to work on the game and start repairs/development again, including some of the former developers. But as long as EI/PME has it, it will never ever happen.
    Last edited by Solitaire; April 24th, 2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssajit
    i ve been in game for some time and noticed it cahnged many owners. too many to get things done for the game. like adding content.

i also noticed there r many ppl that love this game and are developers in reali lives. so i m just wondering if there is any interest in those ppl and the company that they get involved in helping with getting things going with their skills. maybe i m the wrong person to ask this as i have no skill and couldnt help with it to set an example.

i ask this because i ve seen today a person return after a long time to say the game is dead. to me its not but that persone got me wondering if it can be more alive and how not to just stand there watch how things happen but instead help them happen faster.
    Well said and put. i am attempting to get in to Horizons and attempt to bring back the community how ever a i do not have a E-mail address that works and b i am still in collage learning how to be a tec person .
    but making events i can do i have 5 all ready!
    in all honesty i could supply the game with enough New content to last till at least mid November .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information