Thread: I'm looking for advice

Aenlic

Default I'm looking for advice

Well, I decided to try this game today. I've been blundering about on an island all afternoon. Without knowing what I'm doing, I made a half-giant warrior and blacksmith. I'm still unsure what to do or where to go. The trainers are nice; unfortunately, I seem to have ended up on an island with no exit portal. New Triss something, I guess.

Is there someplace I can go, here or on the web with advice for brand spanking new, just fell off the turnip wagon players? I'm looking for something to give me a more detailed overview of the various races and adventure and trade schools? Perhaps advice on a good all-around race and schools combo for a beginner to get a feel for the game?

Also, I was told some months back that there was some kind of problem with armor making. Something to do with unavailable materials? That little bit of caveat froma while back has kept me from buying the game until now. Where can I go to find this kind of information?

Thanks in advance,
    Aenlic Cempa

Drachnyen

Default Re: I'm looking for advice

There is a teleport out of New Trissmus. If you head to the center of the town and face the opposite direction of the consigners booth, thers a teleport just up the hill in front of you. you should also see 2 stone signs one saying "monsters", the other saying "ore" follow the one that says "ore" and jsut a little ways up the path on your left will be the teleport

You're in the right place for information Aenlic. Problem is, these forums *just* opened, literally, about an hour ago, so all the information everyone has is still being poured into them. Bear with us as we get everything sorted out with that. In the meantime, a lot of folks here can help with any questions you might have.

For starters though, which server did you join when you created your character? Was it Order, Chaos, or one of the EU servers (Ice, Earth, Wind?)

Also, for some general information regarding the various schools, their trainers, and where their trainers can be found, you can check up on the main site: Http://community.istaria.com , and look for the "Schools" link on the left hand side of the screen. Click that, and yuo will be taken to a page with a drop down menu, asking if you want info on an Adventure School, or a Crafting School. Choose which type you want info on, and click the "View Schools" link next to the drop down menu. That will present a list of schools for you to click on, and gain a bit more info about each of them.

Hope this helps a bit. Whatever other questions you may have, feel free to ask away! Also, once we know what server you are on, I'm sure someone can meet up with you in-game and show you around a bit.

Henry Redacre
    Human BattleMage
    Order Shard

Aenlic

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, I think I can find the exit portal now.

I joined the Order shard. RP is what appeals to me. Seeing that there was an RP enforced shard is what led me to decide to buy the game today. I've spent many years playing text-based, large-scale muds where the emphasis was entirely on RP. When I got tired of text-based games; I wasted a bunch of time playing a graphical MMOG that had abslutely no RP. I finally grewsick of the adolescents and went looking for the best of both worlds. I found a review of Horizons on mpogd.com and liked what I read. So, I'm here.

I'm pretty sure that I have the basics down. Mainly, I'm just concerned that by choosing a half-giant warrior/smith I might be missing somerace/professions combo that would be better for a new player; or that there might be certain paths which aren't entirely fleshed-out or finished, and thus might become a roadblock for a new player.I'm trying to find the best way to learn the game mechanics so that I can focus on the game play and RP.

Aenlic

Serat

Aenlic. What server are you on? If you are on Order, I can have my character come meet you and answer any questions you can come up with, show you around, get you started on things.

Serat

Aenlic, I see that you are on Order. Give Serat a /tell in game and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

For what its worth, I can't get edits to work. Might be doing something wrong.

Norgoth

Also, near the bottom right of your chat box is a little sign that when you hold your cursor over, says something like " join player created channels". Click on the icon and join the marketplace channel. It is a very active channel and lots of helpful people there.

dragonmagician

ok i really need some advice im a drag and i might have a plot wht i do

You might have a plot? What do you meen? And are you a brand new player?
    Lumineux Talar

Thread Information