Thread: think they woke up

Talking think they woke up

well, i see pm has made their FIRST "official posting" since november, does that mean they are going to come out of hiding finally and start addressing the community which is vastly what is needed

Default Re: think they woke up

We would all like to think so, but based upon the fact that they have been utterly silent and invisible since then, I'll have to say no. Probably the only thing that is going to change the amount of communication that we have with the "developers" is if we get new developers. *hopes and prays that happens*

Quote Originally Posted by bright
    well, i see pm has made their FIRST "official posting" since november, does that mean they are going to come out of hiding finally and start addressing the community which is vastly what is needed
    Where is this Post pleas ink it
    .................................................. ................................
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I've also seen GM Galcondo in game. He even helped me to solve problems I had. Dunno how long that will last, but at least they do communicate... But I wish they communicate in a more official way.

the post is on the main window it is the issue about them banning those people, though i do agree they probably just wanted to say umm yea hi umm bye. that way we couldnt say they NEVER communicated

This is good news. I have had ingame conversations in #marketplace about the invisible issue and why that feature was in place (FYI prevents you from dying before you are logged in) and I know that some of the affected parties took part in the discussion - but I guess they decided that it was OK to abuse as long as the powers that be didn't tell them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkinaranthus
    This is good news. I have had ingame conversations in #marketplace about the invisible issue and why that feature was in place (FYI prevents you from dying before you are logged in) and I know that some of the affected parties took part in the discussion - but I guess they decided that it was OK to abuse as long as the powers that be didn't tell them otherwise.
    The reason this is allowed is because they have neither the means nor the knowledge to fix it.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

yea they made the posting...

but obviously they don't read the forums - the problem in the discussion forum trolls on...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    yea they made the posting...

but obviously they don't read the forums - the problem in the discussion forum trolls on...
    Honestly, I don't know why our posters even bother going there.

If it were up to me, I'd just let the trolls have fun over in their own little corner of the forums and just ignore they exist. They'd get bored eventually.....

--Dhalin

I think they are bored already. Tis not like this forum has any life to it anymore. The troll(s) probably comprised the most traffic we have seen in a month or two aside from the banning discussion. EI effectively strangled the life out of the game and community. Most of us who are left are either too stubborn to move on or too discouraged to post much of anything or the few who still hold to hope. It just makes me sad to see Horizons fall into the hands of almost the worst possible people it could have gone to. They should do nothing but hang their heads in shame for what they caused to happen here. A sign of life? Pfffft. Shame on you, Dr. Rask. You would have done the community better if you had kept your mouth shut rather than give a bit of hope that you were actually doing something.

wishful thinking people ... wishful thinking
    I have been banned for the last 4 months and whats happened in that time
    bugger all
    both mods left
    games in disaray
    unitas aint up
    and the lifeboaters still waitin on some form of dev work
    almost 12 months since these turkeys took over
    tic toc tic toc

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld
    wishful thinking people ... wishful thinking
    I have been banned for the last 4 months and whats happened in that time
    bugger all
    both mods left
    games in disaray
    unitas aint up
    and the lifeboaters still waitin on some form of dev work
    almost 12 months since these turkeys took over
    tic toc tic toc
    We all know that
    We also know tat there's nothing left we can do
    We've been ranting, complaining, etc.. for months and no result
    What is left to do ?
    Play and enjoy this game as long as we can.
    If you don't, well there are plenty of new games released or that will be released soon.

I think you miss the point laddie
    I dont have a shard
    as a blighter i dont have my characters , for that fact nor do the unitarians
    i also was never refunded nor recieved a sorry

play away boyo i wont hold that against you
    just remember some of us can no longer do so

why am i posting this
    cause i bloody well can now and it needs to be heard again

so how about it Andercheck or Rask lets hear your side of the story and please with no embellishment cause people here need to know and hear it from you
    and remember some of us already know the story and we were banned because of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld
    so how about it Andercheck or Rask lets hear your side of the story and please with no embellishment cause people here need to know and hear it from you
    and remember some of us already know the story and we were banned because of it !
    I would like to know the story. Now that you are unbanned and there is no moderation you can tell us (sadly there are not many left to read it)

The problem with this game has always been the lack of vision. Now it seems to be traded to people who don't care about the vision, just want to see how much cash they can make before it goes totally dead.

I suggest giving up on them ever coming out of their hole and making this game a good game. Either they will milk the money until they can't anymore and sell it or make their money back and kill it.

I check back now and then to see if this poor game has been picken up by anyone who may have a vision and the will to make it into a great game. Unfortunitly no one is willing I guess. I just wish I have millions of dollars to take this game and make it into something great.

Good luck people.

Talking Re: think they woke up

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolis
    The problem with this game has always been the lack of vision. Now it seems to be traded to people who don't care about the vision, just want to see how much cash they can make before it goes totally dead.

I suggest giving up on them ever coming out of their hole and making this game a good game. Either they will milk the money until they can't anymore and sell it or make their money back and kill it.
    Good luck people.
    actually i dont know if the problem was ever really lack of vision, maybe a bit too much vision and not enough capitol to back it. AE had vision, but atari forced the game out all bugged and cut the funding, tulga had vision and were doing fairly well, but again they still needed a serious form of capitol to make this game any better, and mostof the time made it worse, i still think this spawn system they made sucks, and you know whats sadder i went into sslanis the other day, and that was a town i frequented many times in my youth, and it took me a good 5 minutes to go from the western gate to the portal, and im not running on a different machine, and its not like its laggy because of high population either it just plain sucked.

now of course the problem IS lack of vision, stupid owners that dont know how to run a game to save their lives, and also still the lack of real capitol to fix this game. as much as everyone hates sony maybe we should beg them to buy it haha. they cant frack it up anymore then these bozos have. sure sure youll say think of SWG, but see SWG was a solid running game, not too many flaws. this one has many flaws right now, so maybe they can take a messy bag of snakes and lay them out straight and this game can actually get the glory it deserves

The game always had "Teh Vision". I forget the dudes name, but he was alway spouting off about his vision for the game. It suffered from "Teh Vision", in regards to some of the changes needed to make it appealing to a larger audience, as well as some of the worst programming in the gaming industry. I can't believe the guys that worked on the game were that bad, but clearly something was wrong with the design of the engine.

But some of the coolest things about this game were part of "Teh Vision", such as dragons and their RoP, housing (even though simple things like decorations were never realized), guild houses, unlocking new content by events that required all (stealing a Vanguard term as I consider Vanguard, Horizons the sequal) the spheres (crafting and adventuring). The multiclassing was freaking sweet as well. Too bad everyone pretty much had the same armor with the same stats though.

This game had some issues, but lack of vision was never one of the them. Sometimes choosing vision over fun, could be accurate.

This game clearly did not deserve it's current fate.

Friend of mine had trouble with his RoP.
    GAME MASTER came into playh to help him the other day!
    Happened wednesday the 16th!

Do have fate guys :-)
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information