Thread: Status

Default Status

I was considering coming back and hanging out, but from what i heard, i shouldn't. Can anyone give me any information that would help me decide whether or not to come back?

Default Re: Status

At this point the only info you'll probably get here is the same stuff you've just read. More official positions are lacking right now. I'd say it's really up to you.

Basically, you can answer that by three questions.

1. Did you enjoy playing Horizons as it was when you left?
    2. Do you mind giving money to a company that has screwed over the whole community and continues with questionable ethics towards it's customers?
    3. If "Yes" to #2, does it go against your personal morals to take advantage of their inability to fix the billing system and play for free?

In the end, we are in a lose-lose situation really. We have the choice of paying to play and supporting a bad company, which I will admit does at least keep the servers up. Or we can play without paying thus maybe bringing about the day they shut down the servers sooner rather than later. Or don't play at all and not enjoy the things created by previous devs that are worth experiencing.

It don't bother me at all to play for free if they can't seem to get their stuff together to actually charge people. I guess i'm afraid of if i come back the game will die in a month or 2. I did really enjoy playing, but due to health and money issues, i had to quit sometime last year. I guess i'll let it patch and give it a whorl again.

I wish so much to see my dragon one, one time more. 10 minutes. Just the time to say him goodbye >_<

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    I wish so much to see my dragon one, one time more. 10 minutes. Just the time to say him goodbye >_<
    I really wish you could too. It really bothers me what happened to Unity and Blight. We can only hope at this point that someone who is well meaning is able to obtain the rights to the game and bring the servers back.

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient

Well.. there you go... seems he found another job :-P

Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Royal: *BONK* use your glasses, mate: This is a golden one- it might be Takora^^

*puts her wings around Vahrokh`s shoulder*
    I know what you are talking about, brother , I feel the same

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM
    Royal: *BONK* use your glasses, mate: This is a golden one- it might be Takora^^
    bah look at my siggy : P i never grin so silly

(25 char limit moo)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

the reemergence of blight/unity and the rebirth of velveeta the cheese queen would be the only thing to bring me back. even then, it wouldn't be the same - most of the blighties have moved on and have stated they wouldn't be back even if they could. and i understand the reasoning and i hold nothing against them, very much the opposite in fact.

but to run thru brist once again, to stand on the wrong side of the bridge to clearport and see from afar the beauty and sheer homey-ness of my plot, to hang out for hours at the leech motel while uber characters work hard to raise my levels - i still miss these experiences and would give a lot to have them back even long enough to say a decent goodbye. some closure, i think, is what i am missing......

but at the risk of peeving off the optimists, that will never happen. blight, at least, if not the entire universe of istaria, is dead - to me and to all who invested the time and effort to make blight the best world. i am almost as sad for the unity folks - altho my shard was closed, as was lied....um excuse my freudian slip, i meant stated...by the 'management', for their benefit, as we all know, they are on the same uncharted and undiscovered island far from shipping lanes as i am. in fact, we are all here roasting fish and making s'mores. once we waited for rescue, but many of us are making new places to be for ourselves. i have decorated my hut in early istarian saris - mostly because my crafting skills still suck.........

god, i would be so uber by now.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information