Thread: EI spamming unwanted

Default EI spamming unwanted

Following mail was received:

From:"Game Intruder Newsletter" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book To:[email protected] Subject: Savage Eden Newsletter - May 21, 2007 Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 21:46:42 -0600 If this page does not display correctly, please click here: .

May I add the following information:

- This mail is 1. Unwanted.
    - I do no longer play Hz (for the well known usual reasons as ex unity player)
    - As this is a mail from a Company that has been requested to remove all "marketing details" and to stop sending marketing/spam or other mails to me as a person in various ways, I can only take note that EI does not have the intention of fullfilling (ex-) players wishes. Which, if I may add is in breach of EU law under the DPA.

Can anyone tell me if they received this email also ?

Default Re: EI spamming unwanted

As of the time that I am writing this, I have not. Though I know of one who has mentioned it earlier tonight. Complain to the authorities in the EU about it though hopefully they won't put it through US legal channels. Sadly, the legal system in this country is so messed up that they are already getting away with illegal activity without hardly a blink.

Guys.. you get like 100 spam mails a day... give them a break, stop moaning about all this little things plz.
    Go do something usefull with your time, if you stop with horizons and hate EI and all that bullcrap, then STOP MOANING.

Greets and Happy gamin'
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

I've got this E-mail also and I see this also as unwanted spam, Even if I play horizons or not... I didn't sign up for a e-mail list like this. Also There is no link to remove your e-mail from the mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Guys.. you get like 100 spam mails a day... give them a break, stop moaning about all this little things plz.
    Go do something usefull with your time, if you stop with horizons and hate EI and all that bullcrap, then STOP MOANING.
    Between a good ISP filter and keeping my addresses as private as possible I don't get any spam mail. As for stop "moaning" and give them a break, I'm sorry but they do not deserve that. We are fast approaching 1 year since they took control of the game,folks. How much of a break do you think they deserve? EI/PME has pretty much broken any promise they have made, implied and stated. They have screwed over a lot of people financially and didn't do much to help them. And they have and continue to operate their billing systems illegally, as in not in compliance with the law. Between these problems and some of the other things they have done, in no way shape or form do these people deserve a "break". If we give em a break and don't speak up on these things, they get away with what they are doing.

It proves they are using the customer database both present and past ... yes my old accounts all have recieved the email ... as a mail out list as well
    most unethical and as stated already most unwanted !

As for the stop moaning thing ... NO !

When they finally grow some balls and say sorry for the bullshit they put myself and others through then I will give them that break

Boo Hoo I got spam and had to hit delete ... /sheesh

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Give them a break, stop moaning about all this little things plz.

I'm not sure they use the database. I havent got any emails.
    Maybe someone is sending them in ther name or what so ever.

That have happend before
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

I am sorry Royal, but you are far in the minority now on their own community board.

There is nothing to like about PME / EI from the small things about spamming to the larger things like F'ed up billing with no repairs in sight.

Sorry, but picking up the only burning torch in a room full of lions only gets you one thing...

EATEN.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I'm not gonna repeat myself :-P
    Well.. I did one time, but that was to make my point :-)

Happy gamin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Give them a break, stop moaning about all this little things plz.
    Royal,

give them a break? I am .. .as far as Hz game play concerns as I do no longer play it.

Does that prevent me from raising a point that some might see as moaning? No.

Why Did i raise this point?
    Simple!

25 oct: nagafen write to me:
    "everyone who requests to be unsubscribed will be removed from the mailing list. We apologise for the inconvience."

26oct : Nagafen answer on the question how EI (or tulga) got to my personal details and says (amongst other things):

"Unsubscribing is the same as asking us to erase that email address from our database. Once that email address is erased, the only information of yours that we would have is the information you submitted to us."

And now I have to see that my personal details are:
    1. not erased.
    2. Still in their possesion (and were in the first place on a "dodgy" way gathered)
    3. Shouldn`t be in their possesion as no information was given to them since requesting the erase (and forum acc is on other email then the one were this spam is recieved)

So I am just taking act of things that shouldn`t be happening and decide accordingly...

call that moaning? well .. .we all are humans and all got different interpretations of the words "trying to prevent futher mishaps and moaning ....

I requested on the first two letters to be removed, and I was not. I filed the email as spam with my isp, and added them to a blacklisting. Nothing from them will get to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I requested on the first two letters to be removed, and I was not. I filed the email as spam with my isp, and added them to a blacklisting. Nothing from them will get to me anymore.
    It's easier to whine about it !

.................................................. .................

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Thread Information