Thread: It's like that one season of "Dallas"

Default It's like that one season of "Dallas"

Where Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower alive, and the last season was nothing but a dream.

Well at least only 1 month of posts were lost (what could be worse)

.... don't go there!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: It's like that one season of "Dallas"

Ow, my disk integrity.

I see what you did there.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

But we're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Hmm..approximately 4 weeks lost. In fact the last post time indicates it was around June 20th, which would make a certain sense if a weekly backup of the forum database was scheduled for around the same time as server maintainence.

Although I cannot help noticing, though I may earn comments alluding to a shiny tin cap, that this coincides rather neatly with the first appearance of the viral exploits on June the 23rd. For those who missed this, the community databases were exploited to insert html code into news posts on this forum, the community site, and the main istaria site. This code consisted of an iframe, designed to open a nearly-invisible page of the exploiters choosing within the normal page, thus allowing them to execute larger portions of code - in this case, one of the targets was to steal WoW passwords by way of installing a virus.

I could be wrong, or it could be related but for specific, technical reasons of security. The timing just seems interesting to me.

actually it makes sense to roll it back to prior to the exploit, as anything related to teh exploit will be completely eradicated and the can plug the hole without having to worry about loose ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur
    actually it makes sense to roll it back to prior to the exploit, as anything related to teh exploit will be completely eradicated and the can plug the hole without having to worry about loose ends.
    This wasn't due to the exploit, there was a massive storm near Limelight that caused a power outage.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

i know, i live 30 miles from the server, storm hit me as well. i am saying that since they must roll back anyway, it makes sense to rol back to a known-clean backup.

Thread Information