Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plots and Lairs

Default Re: Plots and Lairs

But EII bought Horizons just over a year ago now... I'm sure it'll be fixed soon...

Agree it is needed, just gave in and rejoined on Chaos and next to no plots are available. I have no problem with that if people are using them, I'm also very grateful for all the half built/fully built ones even if they are inactive accounts! But on Unity I had a huge addiction of planning/building my lair and I want that again! I always hated it in UO that if you didn't go to your house in a (fairly short) set time, it would start to 'decay' and eventually collapse, allowing someone else to steal your spot. And they had far more spots (though admittedly more players too) than Istaria.

I don't think it should be any small thing; you should have a cancelled account for 6 months or a year before it happens. It's not that hard then, if you think you *may* return and still want the plot you can always renew once every 5 months just to keep resetting that 6/12 month timer

That said, we don't exactly have the worlds most competant company here *holds back comments* so I don't see the billing being fixed any time soon, let alone something like this being implemented. I'm surprised any servers are still up tbh.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

If the billing system were fixed and development were being done - even at a snail's pace - I'd be back and I expect many others would as well.

However, until the game lives again, or the final sunset comes, I will wait, and not a single one of the properties I still own will I surrender for any reason.

If I did, I wouldn't have any reason to hope anymore.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hardly any plots open!!??? I know there is a shortage of lairs. As it is there are fewer Lairs in game than there are dragons. But biped plots? There are so very many available for purchase. There may not be many 60x60's, but there are whole areas of towns, especially on Scorpion Isle, which are near T2 resources, that are unowned.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

The problem with most of the open plots is that they are 25x25 or smaller. Hard to put much of anything on a plot that size, plus they are in communities with no outbound portal, so that makes them less desirable as well.

However, if you are patient and keep your eyes open, you can find a nice place that someone is vacating. It took me 5 months, but I got a nice sized lair for my dragon and a nice sized plot for my biped (2 accounts), both in Harro so they are close together. It's not easy to find though.

Thread Information