Thread: Trials of the Gifted bugged, help?

Default Trials of the Gifted bugged, help?

ok, so I've done all 5 of the trials, I got the tokens from each, I listened to the guy talk in trismus, and yet when I check my log then it only shows that I talked to him, all of the other parts register as incomplete, I talk to the npc for each and they say I passed and I'm done, nothing in the quest log changes, so I can't turn in the quest.

I tried relogging, clearing the world cache, retaking the quest, I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help me with this?

Default Re: Trials of the Gifted bugged, help?

as much as i hate to say it, you will probably have to abort the quest and start over.

like I already said, I completed all 5 tasks, so I can never do them again, I got all 5 tokens for them, and I can drop and pick back up the main quest all I want but it never gives me credit for the tokens.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Did you have the tokens with you when you talked with the final guy? They can't be in your vault or he doesn't recognize you have them, nor can they be in a cargo disk.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

all 5 tokens have been in my inventory, no cargo disc or vault or structure every time.

In that case, you should be able to delete the quest from your quest log and restart it, if you feel it necessary. The button to delete is on the right side of the quest. It will reset the quest as long as it isn't moved out of your Active Quest list into your Completed quest list.

And, if I recall, until you get the reward thingy (now an emblem), it doesn't move the quest.

any time I drop the quest then I pick it back up and it refuses to give me credit for all of the gifted tasks that I completed and cannot repeat. Unless I can deleted the ones I completed from completed quests list and redo them, that doesn't help.

But that's the point. You would have to redo the quest from scratch by dropping it, but it should also get rid of the bug you have in not letting you actually complete the thing.

That is kind of my point, it is impossible for me to redo the 5 trials because I completed them all and I can't remove them from the "quests completed" log to redo them. I can drop and pickup the quest to complete the 5 of them + talk to this douche bag all I like but he never gives me credit for the 5 trials I've completed and cannot redo.

Unless you can tell me how to hack into the server quests completed logs then I need higher help to fix this and I have no idea how to contact them.

Dorrsk,
    Could you please Open a support ticket at support.istaria.com with the character name that is having this issue, as well as the server the character is on.

Horizons customer support
    Last edited by Istaria CS; August 8th, 2007 at 10:10 PM.

OK. So I started a new hatchie and have been doing quests and adventuring. I get to NT and see the assessor of swiftness. Cool I'll start that quest I think. I run to the assesor of soul and recall, 2 done. Then it hits me, isn't there suppose to be a starter NPC? Yeppers, find him. But I can't get rid of or get credit for the 2 quests I completed. Deleted the main quest for the gifted but can't get rid of the 2 sub-quests I already completed!!!

Thats pretty poor quest design! You shouold not be able to get the quest from swiftness or any other assesor if your required to have the main quest first. Especially since this is the main newb area, what a way to turn people off a game!
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Unfortunately it has always been that way and needs fixing... I had to have my wife's quest repaired because she left a token in the vault.

Here's how you can break this quest:

Start and complete ANY of the trials before speaking with Pratt.
    (To fix that, the trainers should recognize you haven't spoken to Pratt yet and tell you to see him)

or

Not have the tokens necessary on your person when you end the quest.
    (To fix that, Pratt needs tell you "you do not have all the tokens I require" even though he sees that you have completed all the trials, he should check your inventory for the tokens before rewarding you)

As a reminder you MUST speak to Pratt and take the quest before doing any of the trials. You CANNOT delete the quest and start over as it does not erase the fact you did the trials already (they are perma inscribed in your quest log as having been completed).
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I thought I saw in the patch notes that this quest was fixed so that if you had obtained all the tokens previously that you could get quest credit now.

Has it also been fixed so that the gifted bonus applies w/out having the emblem equipped?

I haven't equipped my Gifted emblem in ages and I have the passive ablility listed under Abilities.

Good to know, thanks Galem. I'll try to fish my old tokens out of my vault and see if I can get the quest to complete.

I'm having the same issue. I talked to the assessor of wit after getting the riddle, but it doesn't update my quest log or anything. I can't select an answer for the riddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephria
    I'm having the same issue. I talked to the assessor of wit after getting the riddle, but it doesn't update my quest log or anything. I can't select an answer for the riddle.
    You take the token he gives you to the assistant. You trade with the assistant by selecting the item that's the answer to the riddle, you pay with the token you get from the assessor. You take the answer BACK to the assessor. This happens 3 times, unless you pick an incorrect item, in which case he gives you another token to trade to the assistant.

If you've done this already, then the quest might be misbehaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information