Thread: Howdy Der !! and maybe Goodbye Too

Default Howdy Der !! and maybe Goodbye Too

the name is Meditro. we was kicking fewdays ago drinking some brews.
    and we started talking about MMorpgs.
    i mentioned i wanted to to do a good crafter or play a dragon yea that be funny.
    My bud told me about this place. But he warned me off it. saying that the new owners has really got more then they can handle with it. Here i was just laughing that he was a joking.
    WOW he was for real.
    Spent all that time downloading the game and going thru all thos differnt pop up windows reminded me of a ******** site. and still could not get the darn thing to play.
    so i removed it from my PC,

My question is this game REALLY WORTH BOTHERING WITH ?

i was going to try a dragon crafter on order. since i prefer rp.

Default Re: Howdy Der !! and maybe Goodbye Too

You have an opportunity to try out and play a game has a free client download and is indefinitely free to play (providing you don't provide your financial info).

It doesn't get much better than that.

Yes, at some point, when billing is fixed, you will have to pay, and by then, you may either decide to pay, or walk away. Till then... Well, it's just your time.

Getting Horizons to launch for the first time can be a bit of a headache. If you're running Vista, the consensus is that you're pretty much not going to get it to happen. If you're running XP, 2k or 98, you're in luck, it's going to work. The launcher might need some tweaking.

yes the game is worth the effort, i spent three days trying to get it to work (two days to find a working download, one to get it to launch the first time and get all my settings teh way like them), but am very glad that i was able to do so. Be warned that Order is a ghost town these days, a lot more people on chaos.

the first time you run the game (and any time you want to make a character) you will have to use the website login/launcher at Horizons.istaria.com. however for regular day-to-day logging in i recommend using the standalone launcher.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If you could give us any specifics on your system and what sort of error(s) you were getting when you tried launching the game, we can probably give you some leads to solve them and get you bouncing along. Four horizons websites need added to your trusted sites list, there is an ActiveX process that must be downloaded (usually before the last button pushed on the website), and/or certain tweaks and fixes have to be done if you're using a computer running Vista.

Other than that, you'll find some of the best troubleshooting non-paid gamer community members lurking here.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yes, it's worth the trouble. There are several unique features, and some of the strongly imaginative elements of the early days live on. Exploring is good, the early areas had a good overhaul after being ruined at the time of the merger, and dragon play is of course unique. Some critters like Vexators and Kwellen are great.

Crafting is different from all other games, and can be grindy, but well worth learning about. I liked the crafting system better than any other I've encountered, although it was made increasingly tedious in a misguided attempt to substitute grind for new content.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information