Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

Default Re: Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Buying the game isn't the real expense. *cut short cause you already read the original up there*
    I agree... It would take some serious funding, but that hasn't stopped us from exploring the possibilities...

You just keep your eyes off my lottery ticket... (You will get your share when I win anyway!!!!)
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I disagree with the ridiculous amounts of money that'd be needed. As long as enough subs existed to pay for the collocation all you would have to deal with would be wrangling the game from EI or Chris Baker. I'm sure Baker is pretty fed up with how lousy things have been run so far. With all the time the old staff put into the game and it's technology I'm sure they'd be willing to put some time into keeping it running if EI's hands were taken off the IP. At the very least bring back the old shards and fix some of the major issues like craft exploits et al. The biggest hurdle in my opinion would be scrabbling together a new billing system as to actually take people's money. From there I'd say it'd only be a few months work to have a modest positive cash flow with little or no full-time staff.
    Last edited by Hal`cyon Sskyler; August 13th, 2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Because I said so.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler View Post
    I disagree with the ridiculous amounts of money that'd be needed. As long as enough subs existed to pay for the collocation all you would have to deal with would be wrangling the game from EI or Chris Baker. I'm sure Baker is pretty fed up with how lousy things have been run so far. With all the time the old staff put into the game and it's technology I'm sure they'd be willing to put some time into keeping it running if EI's hands were taken off the IP. At the very least bring back the old shards and fix some of the major issues like craft exploits et al. The biggest hurdle in my opinion would be scrabbling together a new billing system as to actually take people's money. From there I'd say it'd only be a few months work to have a modest positive cash flow with little or no full-time staff.
    the only way horizons will get moving again is that horizons gets passed to a truly new ownership that has the funds.

The question is... Will it ever happen? I sure hope so *keeps fingers crossed*
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

You are going to need cash ... how much i dunno
    priority 1 : Get rid of EI/NGW/WTF they are this week
    priority 2 : pay out the remainder of baker
    priority 3: promote the fact that grubs and Co no longer own it ..this will be a big neccesity to undo the last 12 months damage
    priority 4 : reinstate blight ... no blight no testing for new client or whatever ya gonna develope first

as for devs THAT will take time and further funding WHICH after the first priorities are taken care of may happen ala Hal's post
    the biggest and most difficult item on the agenda will be removing the EI taint ! and i'm talkin no bloody ego crap just straight upfront honest info to any and all hzaphobes
    i too have looked into this dont you worry

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler View Post
    I disagree with the ridiculous amounts of money that'd be needed.
    Funny thing with money: however much you think you need, you usually wind up needing more.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Random late-night meanderings...

If you plan carefully, then the rule of thumb can come into play, and it will cost twice as much and take twice as long; if the planning is awry, it neva gonna hoppen.

The needed "tutors" have dispersed, so their ability to stop by evenings and weekends is a bit diminished.

In addition to the items pointed out above, it would be nice if the original free-wheeling joy and imagination of the early days could be recaptured, at least in part. Crankenspank's Tomb, the spiral tower, rainbow bridge, novian machine, dryads 'n' dragons, vexators and kwellens; sadly, at the end the big new mobs were gonna be a crab! and a scorpion!!. And roll back the grind... and work on the quest tool... and... and... and...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Check off priority 4.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Yup blights back up
    now the hard part .. the real hard part
    regaining the trust in the billing system and the trust one must have with giving these people our credit card details

Theros, up until now we've only seen words. Now we're seeing actions. Whoever is responsable for these actions has earned at least a little trust - at least enough to see what comes next.

Give them a chance, old dwarf. They've earned at least that much.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Theros, up until now we've only seen words. Now we're seeing actions. Whoever is responsable for these actions has earned at least a little trust - at least enough to see what comes next.

Give them a chance, old dwarf. They've earned at least that much.
    oh yeah agreed

I refuse to hope for anything until I see a statement to the affect of a Delta. Of course, that should come AFTER the billing/account problems were fixed, since at that point I'd be willing to subscribe again. (but only if the billing was fixed)

Frid, the hardest part was me leaving, just seeing the changes thusfar, small as they be, it is still changes, for which, I am back ingame. And having fun. Just taking one day at a time is the best approach.

Well, it doesn't help that my original account is still banned and I can't play any of my chars, Blight or otherwise, and couldn't resume payments for them if I wanted to. ;p

L O L now I know what I`ve been missing all the time:
    Peaches singing "don`t worry- be happy"^^

But this time I agree, if not cause of Unity but because of Blight and Order and Chaos.
    Good days for Istaria atm- as far as I can see

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh View Post
    Well, it doesn't help that my original account is still banned and I can't play any of my chars, Blight or otherwise, and couldn't resume payments for them if I wanted to. ;p
    Fridlekh, submit a ticket and see if you can get them unbanned. The people in charge know who you are. If they don't run away screaming, maybe they will undo what EI did.

*raises cobweb coated head.* Yes the messenger of the gods replies quickly. You may wish to try him/her to get your old body back. I offered my prayers asking if new gods now walked the hollowed halls of the heavens. They said that soon they would have a message from the gods of what has transpired there.*

(Translation: I pmed Horizonscs saying if EI EI OH/PMI/whoever was gone that I would be willing to support the game if proof was shown they were gone. He/she replied that soon they would pass on to us what was going on. So I wait and hope for for good news and a fix for us vista users.)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Fridlekh, submit a ticket and see if you can get them unbanned. The people in charge know who you are. If they don't run away screaming, maybe they will undo what EI did.
    I did an equivalent of this, and have both my accounts back Now the billing page just needs to be fixed so I can pay for the paid one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh View Post
    I did an equivalent of this, and have both my accounts back Now the billing page just needs to be fixed so I can pay for the paid one again.
    Glad to hear it and welcome back.

Whenever I loging onto the website I get this website I have 5 plots and only 1 active account, I have called the CCcard company about this problem send in tickets.

I am really worried now that at a certain point I'll login and will have lost one of my plots because they have run some reclamation

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Sunuke, please look at my posting this morning in the Plot Reclamation thread.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information