Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

Default Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

As I understand it, Tulga had a few updates ready that they never had the time to patch to the live servers before the sale - original ancient sizes were going back in, some lair bug fixes, fix of the bugged music - do you have that package lying around somewhere, and is it possible to get it patched in?

Default Re: Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

OY! You didn't mention 1-1-1:1 tricuts!

Oh, and what about Blight and Unity?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Delta 119 (118?) had a helluva lot of stuff, including things that I worked on last summer. *shakes fist at his crystal fixes never going live* There were parts of it that still needed work before everything went to hell in a hand basket.

However, I don't think fixes for any ancient dragon size inadequacies were a part of that delta.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

think the size part was wishful thinking.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler View Post
    Delta 119 (118?) had a helluva lot of stuff, including things that I worked on last summer. *shakes fist at his crystal fixes never going live* There were parts of it that still needed work before everything went to hell in a hand basket.

However, I don't think fixes for any ancient dragon size inadequacies were a part of that delta.
    What, you were a developer or something? Man the questions I would have for you and the others.....

*starts lurking again, hoping against all hope that some type of divine intervention would save this game*

Halcyon was part of the team. He was doing an internship with the prior owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Halcyon was part of the team. He was doing an internship with the prior owners.
    Ahh, cool. Wasn't around much in the last year before the crap hit.

I have it on good authoritty that the old models were going back - in any event, try not to hijack this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    What, you were a developer or something? Man the questions I would have for you and the others.....

*starts lurking again, hoping against all hope that some type of divine intervention would save this game*
    On the developer hierarchy I was one step above "mascot" and one below "executive mascot." David Bowman arranged a small summer internship for me in exchange for human blood and goat skulls. The timing was perfect in that I got to be around a few weeks before the buyout (the good times) and a few weeks after the buyout (the large quantities of ice cream and gentle sobbing times.)
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

(the large quantities of ice cream and gentle sobbing times.)

mmmm ice cream and sobbing... My sobbing was not gentle though...
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Point 1 : the delta we had on blight was incomplete and buggy
    Point 2: there is no longer a blight shard
    Point 3 : without blight and without perm testers ya cant get a patch
    Point 4 : the billing is NOT fixed
    Point 5 : this mob have no dev's
    Point 6 : they dont have the funding
    Point 7 : the lies about unity and blight copies

frankly ya pissin against the wind if you think hz can move forward after what has happened without a major influx of cash

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld View Post
    frankly ya pissin against the wind if you think hz can move forward after what has happened without a major influx of cash
    I agree with you Theros and i can safely bet that NOBODY is willing to invest that kind of cash into horizons after it was crippled by over ambitious owners.

( why? oh WHY did horizons had to fall into hands of over ambitious owners?! )
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

Ed wasn't ambitious, he was special. Horizons doesn't need as much money as it needs people who know the difference between a stored procedure and a hole in the ground.
    Last edited by Hal`cyon Sskyler; August 10th, 2007 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Because I said so.
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler View Post
    On the developer hierarchy I was one step above "mascot" and one below "executive mascot."
    Yeah, and you would have been promoted to my position just as soon as HZ became cash flow positive and I went from 'sr. unpaid lackey' to 'jr. underpaid lackey' :P

Special ... dunno
    the people ya talkin about will need to be paid re funding
    Ed didnt pick up the very people who knew the workings
    Ed pointed fingers when his brainstorm billing page fell in a big bloody hole
    Ed has never .... ever ... said sorry for the billing fiasco to which some of us were threateded with legal action cause of our disgust and outta pocket loss
    some of us were banned when we screamed louder some are still banned !
    Some of us have never been refunded 10 months after the fact ! AND still no ' sorry bout that '
    about the only thing i have seenEd good at is spamming me mail boxes with his lame arsed savage eden emails and now this immortals POS
    If you trust Ed and Co to pick up whats left and move forward me thinks ye trust a little too easy
    btw the above was not a dig at any posters here or anywhere the 'you' were a generalisation
    and Ed if ya dont like what i said then get on here and address it !!!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Talking Re: Question to Horizons CS; other stuff

ah, ther, my darlin, that's what i love most about you -
    you are not a subtle man!!!

and i mean that as a compliment - subtlety gets you nowhere......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cromos_Swordbreaker View Post
    I agree with you Theros and i can safely bet that NOBODY is willing to invest that kind of cash into horizons after it was crippled by over ambitious owners.
    Not quite. My husband and I (and I have heard talk from others) have spent the past year seriously looking into options for the purchase of Horizons. The problem is not willingness of people to do it ... it is that the willing don't have the funds ... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld View Post
    If you trust Ed and Co to pick up whats left and move forward me thinks ye trust a little too easy
    I fear for the mental well being of anyone who would trust the current owners to strain themselves picking up anything much less actually trying to move it.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buying the game isn't the real expense. Putting together a team capable of developing the game, getting the former team members on contract to provide training in their spare time, getting the hardware needed for doing development, and all the operating & promotional expenses are the killer. Even assuming Rick, Smeglor, or one of the handful of others who know the simulation programming language were available nearly constantly to help with training - big "if" there - it'll still take a couple of months to get the team ready to go to work.

Powerball, anyone?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hello LO, I sure hope something does happen! And for the good!

Thread Information