Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess what's missing?

Default Re: Guess what's missing?

i don't think the forum needs to be closed. don't be so dramatic. I just think friendly interrogations would work better.

Oh, those dots are gone.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

This Virtrium company says they provide support for the Evolution game engine, isn't that the engine Artifact developed and the engine in use by Horizons? And... Surely you all recognize the contact name listed? Rick Simmons? Maybe this interview will jog your memories.
    It looks like some of our old friends that care about us are making a come back!
    Check the login page, the dots are in the upper right still.
    Sooo.. Let's stop the negativity please? It would be great to see Horizons moving forward with communication from the people doing it, which it appears we have been getting.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Agreed!

I'm very grateful for the hard work they've put into getting HZ back into working order.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver

me three!!!!!!!!!!!!! *agrees*

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    i would close this form before we send them in to silence for another year Van SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH no negativity PLEAS !
    I'm not sure if you are reading the same post that I wrote. There was no negativity directed towards our new overlords (although I am somewhat amused by the apparent need for secrecy). EII/PME did get some flaming from me (again) because they deserve it - and they were silent on the forums because they at one point realized they could no longer, to use a local saying, "piss us in the eye" and spin doctor.

But the less said about them the better, since it seems they are history. This Virtrium, who seem to be in charge now, appears to have things well in hand as evident in the recent activities. Naturally it'll be a difficult job to climb out of that toxic lake in Butte, Montana, into which EII sank Horizons.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Bah see? Didn't I say that EI couldn't have been making these changes...and people in game say maybe they just got their act together. BAH!

It does bring an interesting point though. What finally drove them off I wonder? The infected site, them not paying...eh who knows.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Get your facts straight. Its not toxic. Its blighted.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor View Post
    This Virtrium company says they provide support for the Evolution game engine, isn't that the engine Artifact developed and the engine in use by Horizons? And... Surely you all recognize the contact name listed? Rick Simmons? Maybe this interview will jog your memories.
    It looks like some of our old friends that care about us are making a come back!
    Check the login page, the dots are in the upper right still.
    Sooo.. Let's stop the negativity please? It would be great to see Horizons moving forward with communication from the people doing it, which it appears we have been getting.
    Hmm. Looks like some of the rumors I'd been hearing are not rumors anymore...

I don't see anything negative about Rick Simmons being involved with these recent changes. If the other person mentioned as a forum administrator, Paul, is our old friend Tango, that's even more cause for celebration.

The issue with doing development has always been being able to retain and pay the handful of people who know the game and are able to work on it. If some of those people are the ones who own the game, the single largest barrier to development vanishes.

If that's the case - or reasonably close, even! - I'd say celebrations are definitly in order!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Somehow, I seriously doubt that they "own" the game now, but they are at least the most likely candidates for receivership, assuming Baker ever lets go of it for a reasonable amount of money.

Clicking that link says nothing about Rick Simmons being a contact, or did I miss something? Anyway if they have or am running the game thats great. Lets see what happens. Might as well, some of us have waited more then a year and are still here....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Might as well, some of us have waited more then a year and are still here....
    JAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tackle, hug, lick, purr*

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled topic.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Clicking that link says nothing about Rick Simmons being a contact, or did I miss something?...
    If you are referring to the link I gave to the old interview with Rick Simmons on Gamersinfo, no, it was not intended to, it is simply to remind old people, and tell new people, who he is.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

For anyone not using the loading screen... here's the new event text:

(image) "Return of the Ancients"

"The ancient forces that forged Istaria have been awakened by arcane and mysterious magics. Powers long thought lost and a means to control has once again resurfaced. But who or what is behind this upheaval. Do they travel a path to unite Istaria or do they intend something more sinister? Their return shakes the very foundations of Istaria and the future of the land and of its inhabitants may rely upon their intent!"

Looking at the master_file_list the changes (so far) are only to startup_event_image.png and UILoadWindow.def (startup loading screen) The text and overall theme certainly suggests those involved before being involved again, and the mention of the server platform on Virtrium's site definately suggets relation to Tulga. I can't find any info yet on the LLC, it may not be an AZ company though, lots of other state sites to check.

oops, break's over, back to work!
    Last edited by Fridlekh; August 15th, 2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

Ok, I'm reaching here... but bear with me.

Back on about July 20th there was a multi-hour outage of the servers and community page. The message we got was that there was a sandstorm (which there was) that knocked out power.

Since that time we have things happening... "Horizons CS" posting at times, talk of billing fixes and plot reclamations, and now the possibility of a new event?

We also have this new company "Virtrium" that seems to be involved in things now... David Bowman posts in the "Blight is up?" thread and the name Rick Simmons is seemingly connected to the game... could it be that EII had some kind of year long lease? or some kind of provision that they had to do something within a year of purchase? and that year came and went, so the game transferred to someone else?

Just a wild speculation, but it looks very interesting...

By looking at domain records, it looks like Istaria.com is still owned by Tulga. Contact person is Rick Simmons (ricks at virtrium.com), and Tulga is located at CP Baker & Co in Boston. Interesting...

Untill there is a black and white announcement that Anderfraud and Ray Reckem has gone i will remain skeptical

*raises his cobweb coated head* But the true test would be to see the Unity shard or at least char to start to show up. * Lays back down.*

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    *raises his cobweb coated head* But the true test would be to see the Unity shard or at least char to start to show up. * Lays back down.*

blight back what about unity/unitas ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    We haven't forgotten about Unity players. We're looking into options right now and as soon as we have a solid plan, we'll present our ideas to the community for feedback. It might take a bit of time, but please be patient while we figure out the best approach.

Thank you,
    Horizons Customer Support
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information