Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy to Blight

Default Copy to Blight

I made a copy of CottenCandy and i was told it would take two days and also i will get all money and items that are equiped in inventory and in vault, but not my lair/plot or any items on them. I would like to just get a confirmination that this is still true.. hehe sorry i'm just excited about playing on blight and really dont wanna start over again :P going ancient once was enough for me

"All i've heard is rumors and now just looking for facts."

Default Re: Copy to Blight

Yeah, your character gets copied as-is, including everything on it, in the inventory, and in the vault, as well as your coin, hoard, abilities, spells... everything but your plot, guild, and stuff you've put in storage.

Hint: borrow lots of coin before you get copied!
    Hint 2: borrow some rare items before you get copied
    Hint 3: borrow some tech comps before you get copied
    .. you get the idea

Heh heh there is NO economy on blight as pretty much everyone helps everyone
    ya may see ol Thero or Kirs poppin in from time to time just to say howdy
    still waitin on a confirmation Anderfraud's no longer part of this equation

i have a few questions about blight transfer myself:

can the same character be copied more than once? (say i copy now, but only play on blight to help with testing new patches, and copy again periodically to keep my blight copy up to speed with my main on chaos)

failing that, is exp gain higher on blight? (i know alot of MMOs keep exp gain at 5x or 10x on test servers, but most of those only have the server up when a patch is going into effect and they raze the characters in between)

failing either of those (the are in order of preference btw, i would much prefer to periodically clone my main to blight than to get free bonus exp) i will simply wait till ancient to clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    can the same character be copied more than once? (say i copy now, but only play on blight to help with testing new patches, and copy again periodically to keep my blight copy up to speed with my main on chaos)
    You were able to at one point, I don't know if you can anymore, someone will have to attempt it to give any more info.

failing that, is exp gain higher on blight? (i know alot of MMOs keep exp gain at 5x or 10x on test servers, but most of those only have the server up when a patch is going into effect and they raze the characters in between)
    No, EXP was always the same as live, very little, if anything was ever 'given' to us, and only once has there ever been an event in which we created alts and their levels were adjusted to test the elemental archer epic quest, as there were no elemental archers on the server at the time to test it instead of doing this.
    Doing the Ancient quest on blight is extremely difficult, but we have done it before, it requires a bunch of us running two computers on two characters, but we have always managed to do what live does.
    I personally hope that this does not change, I enjoyed the hard work.
    And as Theros says, there is NO economy on Blight, if you want something, ask, help get the materials, and it is free, smiles included.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Yes. I have a few copies of myself on Blight.

failing either of those (the are in order of preference btw, i would much prefer to periodically clone my main to blight than to get free bonus exp) i will simply wait till ancient to clone.
    Nah. do it whenever you feel like it. The Blight characters do not count against your subscription slots (well... they didn't before). It's a great way to have an array of characters at various levels and stages of development for testing and S&G.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

blight does not have a marketplace. as stated by dragor and ther, we are a family, not an economy.
    if and when i can finally get back home, i will be overjoyed to help, as much as i can, any noob get what they need. i know that if noobs come to blight with the right attitude, everyone on blight will feel the same.

please don't come to blight and try to make it like chaos or order. blight is blight and we like it that way.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Yeah, I like the people on Blight -- I'm not at all suggesting that anyone try to start an economy or make the community of Blight something that it is not.

I've said before that people visiting from the other shards should behave as they would a guest in someone else's house.

That being said, it's always nice to have a giant stash of stuff to help make gear. That's (insert large number here) fewer (insert mob name here) to kill for (insert small number here) (insert tech comp name here).

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Nah. do it whenever you feel like it. The Blight characters do not count against your subscription slots (well... they didn't before).
    does that include plots? can i have a lair on blight and chaos and only one sub?

does that include plots? can i have a lair on blight and chaos and only one sub?
    Afraid not, although the buying of plots has been messed up it should be one plot per subscription regardless of shard including Blight.

Before it all busted thats how it was but for a while now it has been possible to purchase as many plots/lairs as you could make characters and afford to buy. You could go down this road but your problems will start when billing/plots are fixed and you have to decide whether to take out more subscriptions or sell the extra plots you may hold or risk losing your favourite plot as your excess will eventually be auctioned off and, if the rules remain the same and you don't sell off your excess plots/lairs they will be selected randomly.

Us Blighters chose to have our plots on Blight as per the rules so you can imagine how upsetting it was when EI/PME/WHATEVER "turned off" Blight and offered just a character copy which never happened anyway.

How long does it take for a copied character to show up? I copied Dragorath (my main dragon) over early Wednesday morning. The message I got said they do copies like 3 times a week, and depending on which midnight they use, at least one of those times should have passed by now, but I don't have a character copied yet.

You most likely got caught in the company switchover. Try sending in a ticket about it they seem to be answering those quickly now. They may be working on other things right now so might have stopped coping for a time.

Could be a case of inundations with requests for fixes/trouble tickets or the copy process still covered in cobwebs
    Give em time laddie , which comin from me is a rare thing
    but if its a new/old mob in charge it should happen soon
    nice to see the blight section of the forum active again
    oh and hey Pop

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    How long does it take for a copied character to show up?
    You probably have to wait for a maintenence run on Blight.

The copy process used to be on automatically. It might have gone out of sync but Tulga did switch it off for a while back in June 2006 so maybe Virtrium have had to do it again to help with sorting stuff out.

Any word on Blight copies? I submitted a copy request the day after it came back up.

We know maintenance HAS been run on Blight, along with the new patching.

Still no copy. (Pending).

I want to test that new client.

If you want to test the client, just patch to blight and use a .bat file to log into live, it'll be faster.

The newly re-written client will run on Chaos shard?

I'm game, how do I do it?

(i.e. Have a sample batch file?)

There is a post in the player customization forum about it.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

anyone know how long it takes to have a character copied?
    is there anything more than clicking the copy link that needs to be done?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information