Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New owners?

Default Re: New owners?

Well, now we know folks. Hopefully the speculation can now be put to bed and we can give Rick and Company our full support. These guys had their game yanked away from them and they stuck with it for a year in hopes a way could be found to save it. Now, it looks as if Horizons has the best chance it will ever have to continue to improve and grow. Been a long, hard time coming...

Welcome back, guys. And good luck. You have been missed and I can tell you that I am VERY glad to see you back and in charge of Horizons' destiny once again.

WOOT! I knew Amon was back in here as he was being so quite about anything on the Boards that shall not be spoken of.

great news!!

Thank the Sleeper!!! Were Saved!!! WOOT! *gets out the chocolate gnomes and Ale* Let's Party!!

*takes a bow to the saviors of HZ*

YAY, this is great news!

Confirmed! Hurrah! For my part, here's some low-brow humor of questionable taste and quality to set the mood:

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Early next week, a new terrain client will be pushed out for testing. This means an updated client.
    WHOA!!!

A new terrain client? Had this been in the works before? Or is this totally new?

Hoorah! Go Rick Go!
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard View Post
    Confirmed! Hurrah! For my part, here's some low-brow humor of questionable taste and quality to set the mood:

ROFL, Varan! Well done.

YES! and you soon can buy "redeemable codes" for other people so they can get in the game on your dime!!!

Sweet!

Way to go Rick and Co.!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

What wonderful news! Welcome back you guys, we are very glad to have you working on Horizons again!

Rick is a cool guy and does cool things. Congrats to the community and everyone involved with Horizons' new direction. (To Ed) I told you so.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Will wonders never cease? I shall keep a watchful eye on this one. I look forward to future visits to Istaria.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Woo! I think im going to cry im so happy! I played HZ about 2 years ago or more,but I know its been forever,and Ive always been waiting,lurking,just hopeing it will come back!

Now I can be a dragon once again!

~Some people call it stalking,I call it love >D

Yay I'm so happy I almost cried when I read that. You guys have my full support.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Smile Re: New owners?

Most wonderfull news I've heard in a long time. Thank you so much. I hope this sparks the return of many long missing friends.

Thumbs up Re: New owners?

Thank you for all you've already done - especially returning Blight to those that were homeless for so long.

Haha I just told me mom and she's estatic too. She can't wait to resub. Heh what can I say a family that plays games together is a family that stays together?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

The new terrain system was in the works when EI took over. Jason Eubank completely re-wrote the terrain class, fixed the texture seams for sector boundaries, and generally made a lot of things much less stupid I helped a (VERY) little bit with the figuring out how terrain could be properly tessellated without looking like poo. It's not a nice variable tessellation that you'd see with a proper 2^n +1 terrain system, but it DOES cut down on poly count for a rendered scene on the order of several thousand polys with a moderate view distance, to tens of thousands with a long one.

If I remember right, Rick was re-writing the sound management code around the time EI took over... maybe the blight client next week will have some sound fixes too?
    Last edited by Fridlekh; August 18th, 2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typos, credit

Thread Information