Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rallying Call

Default Re: Rallying Call

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    Will have to wait and see. There are still issues to be resolved, and the level of communication with the playerbase needs to be assessed in the coming months.

While it is great that those who can actually do something with the game now have control of it, they are still severely understaffed and there's still no guarantee that Baker won't come back later and do something else stupid to ram it into the ground again.
    That Baker piece is the one thing troubling me
    after all he is the power and we have no way of knowing if the rug will be pulled again do we

Quote Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
    I need to see some actual updates applied to the game, as a sign that they will support the game. Its great what they are doing now, but as I posted in another thread, I need to see more action from the new owners before I resub.

Edit - I've got a copy of the client stored on my system, I can reinstall/resub once I see enough action being taken.
    They patched a new client to Blight today that tests new terrain occlusion.. and have two announcements regarding that on the launcher news announcements.

Client 382.0.0

Terrain system overhaul:

* Terrain textures and shaders are now managed so that not all layers need to be loaded all the time, this should decrease client memory usage.
    * The terrain chunk lod rendering has been changed to render to png files instead of aei files, this should reduce the file sizes from 49k to roughly 15k. These images are now placed in their respective sector folders, as such the lodtextures folder and all of its contents are no longer needed.
    * The terrain clutter system has been slightly optimized, this should reduce the frame rate drop when enabling this feature. (Note: The clutter distance slider still allows for large distances which will still be very expensive, try keeping this slider near the 1/4 mark.)
    * The distances for terrain loading have been changed and the times when they begin loading have been optimized, this should help prevent terrain chunks not being loaded while moving around the world.
    And this one: Sweet and Sour Blight

The Sweet part is the new client we applied to Blight today. The Sour part is that at the end of the week, we will be resetting Blight to the Aug 21, 2007 backup - so any character progression, items, etc. earned on Blight during Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be not saved. This Sweet and Sour Treat ONLY applies to Blight. If you're feeling left out on the sweetness, it would be Super Sweet if we could get some feedback on the new client running on Blight.

While it is a shame they have to do a rollback for testing purposes, it is a good thing they are able to patch new stuff to Blight. This means they do have Genesis up and running, and can put together the Deltas and roll them out... That shows promise.. a LOT more promise than EI was ever able to show!

-Menkure

I'll be happy to resub once I deem the billing secure.

I will re-sub the second we get confirmation that our unity characters can be awakened from their deep slumber
    Same for me.
    Same here. I will be greatly honored to meet the ancient and noble Cobal again, be it on earth or in the skies

Woot!

Even the forums work now, I am back with my original account
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information