Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plot Reclamation

Default Plot Reclamation

There's been some questions raised about existing plots owned by players without active accounts and if plot reclamation will be re-activated. Plot reclamation will be resume once we've had a chance to modify the process and make accounts more manageable. We're still reviewing what needs to be done and will post information as we make progress.

Horizons Development Team
    So will people who can't pay, no matter how hard they try, be able to save their plots/lairs from reclamation?

Will people who are legitimately paying customers, but the billing system doesn't recognize they have a valid subscription, be able to save their plots/lairs from reclamation?

Two huge questions that will need to be addressed.

Default Re: Plot Reclamation

I would hope that they completely fix the billing first, not just make it so that there is a relationship between subscriptions and account limits.

Actually, this would be a good opportunity to examine the billing model and consider different billing and payment methods.

Let's hope they take advantage of that opportunity.

BTW: Were the positions of the 'preview' and 'submit' buttons swapped?

Rest assured, we will not reclaim any plots until everyone who wants to pay for an account has had an opportunity to setup or reactivate one. Our goal is to ensure that plot reclamation only takes care of plots for those players who do not intend to come back to Istaria. In the meantime, we're going to be reviewing the systems and the steps needed to move this forward. As soon as we have this information we'll let everyone know what steps will be taken, how players may ensure their plots are not reclaimed mistakenly, and the timeline for the entire process.

Horizons Community Manager

Best option would be to wipe it all out and have everyone start over.

It might encourage new players to try the game and get rid of the ones that are screaming about more content.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan View Post
    Best option would be to wipe it all out and have everyone start over.

It might encourage new players to try the game and get rid of the ones that are screaming about more content.

I hope that's sarcastic... a wipe now would kill whatever is left of the players' spirit.

I'd say its better to start over now, then to patch up from the rubble it is. You can try and glue back together grains of sand.. but it really ain't gonna happen

shhhh we got one of them to talk lets not scare them away. =)

But with billing.. I was wondering if you plan on fixing the multiple subs on one account or is that just going to be scrapped?

I have two subs on one account and since I can only pay for one (no matter how hard I try) my account isn't considered active because both subs aren't being payed for. I know its not active because I get an odd error message when I try to delete a char.

I'd be curious to know if the military program will be continued. my husband has two accounts on one sub since he's in the air force.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

I'm one of those people that can't pay no matter how hard they try....I would rather not loose my plot. I guess I'll send in ANOTHER ticket and hope this one gets answered...
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I also just found out logging on through the website that it is reporting my account as having 0 active subs even though I am paying for one. *shrugs* i'm sure it will get sorted out ... but just bringing up for attention.

The billings been like that for 13 months
    tic toc .. tic toc ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    I hope that's sarcastic... a wipe now would kill whatever is left of the players' spirit.

Sometimes you have to kill all the chickens on the ranch and start over when bird flu hits. Bite the bullet and wipe it all.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan View Post
    Sometimes you have to kill all the chickens on the ranch and start over when bird flu hits. Bite the bullet and wipe it all.
    Ah, the "Nuclear Option"

If you're going to do that, why not just wipe all the servers, make one new server and have all the remaining players, that want to, start over from scratch?

Don't stop with the chickens, take down the whole ranch too

Because they've tried it, and failed?

Get up Unity, fix your billing issues before thinking about a plot reclamation
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Well throwing my own 2 cents in LOL, I think the only way to get more plots available would be for the people that know of people that have left the game,to catch them on other boards or send them an E/M if you know it and ask them to log into the game and sell their plots if they are gone for good, As for me and the rest of the blight players still lurking in the background, I cant buy a plot on the "live"servers as I cant sell my plots on the Blight server so I'm more or less screwed, although I am able to copy my live alts to Blight, but I cant delete my Blight alts as the server is still under maint.
    just my own 2 cents.
    Andy
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

The plus side is that if former players can be contacted, they don't have to resubscribe to log in and sell their plots back

As for people who own properties on Blight not being able to buy properties on another server... have you tried it? I have heard of people owning more than one property per account, maybe it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    So will people who can't pay, no matter how hard they try, be able to save their plots/lairs from reclamation?
    Will people who are legitimately paying customers, but the billing system doesn't recognize they have a valid subscription, be able to save their plots/lairs from reclamation?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we will first establish a fully functioning billing / payment system before plot reclamations begin again.

Horizons customer support

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Yes, we will first establish a fully functioning billing / payment system before plot reclamations begin again.

Horizons customer support
    excellent. now, when the reclamation process begins, will consideration be taken for developed plots that benefit the community yet still meet requirements to be reclaimed? will such plots simply be wiped in reclamation like the rest, or will they be put under some manner of auction so that they will not be 'lost'?

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    excellent. now, when the reclamation process begins, will consideration be taken for developed plots that benefit the community yet still meet requirements to be reclaimed? will such plots simply be wiped in reclamation like the rest, or will they be put under some manner of auction so that they will not be 'lost'?
    Didn't plots from the previous reclamation simply go up for sale with the buildings intact?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Thread Information