Thread: Character Tranfers?

Default Character Tranfers?

Question for Horizons_CS:

My old character, Vermithraxx, is stuck on the Order shard. When I filed the ticket requesting the old account be restored, I started playing on Chaos (where I found the most players). 35 days after I files my ticket, the account was restored... on Order, much to my surprise. (In those 35 days, my new hatchie grew to a 30/100/100 Lunus adult).

I requested a character transfer to Chaos since the Order player base tends to be deader than Blight.

2 weeks later, I was told, in ticket 9766, that "this is something that the live team is not willing to do at this point. "

My question is: Will Horizons EVER support character transfers? Especially nowadays when 1.) Players want to play together and 2.) This would be an extra account I'd be playing monthly for. (If you're going to grow the player base to 10,000; wouldn't it be best to support those of us willing to pay for multiple accounts?)

Default Re: Character Tranfers?

No character transfers between production shards, that has always been the policy. My guess is to protect the community from being affected due to differences in the "economies" of the two shards. Not a strong argument against it but that's the way I've always known it.

Wait around a bit, you may see more people on Order.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Ah well. My child of Chaos has long since surpassed his elder of Order.

So, I have 5gp from selling back a plot on Order... trading for same on Chaos if anybody is interested. Offer's only good untilt he account re-expires (won't be renewing it, it seems)

I had all characters on one of my accounts moved from Chaos to Order during the TG days.
    They didn't mention any policy of "no character transfers between production shards".
    All items, coin, etc came across, nothing was missing.
    The only slight issue I had was with the character names. They had _chaos at the end. After renaming the characters the _chaos remained, but after routine server maintenance it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Custard View Post
    I had all characters on one of my accounts moved from Chaos to Order during the TG days.
    Doh! You weren't supposed to talk about that! Now all your characters will turn into pumpkins! j/k

The only "policy" I've heard of was that no Blight characters could get copied to a live shard because of all the weirdness that goes on on Blight.

Heh. If you managed to level your character so fast, it should take less time to start another one on Chaos than to wait for a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post

Heh. If you managed to level your character so fast, it should take less time to start another one on Chaos than to wait for a transfer.
    Pretty much 47/100/100 as we speak (51 days created, 23days 1 hour played... 45%... Yep, I play way too much.)

I just wanted Vermithraxx back for... nostalgia. Silly, I know, but I created him January 2004, seems a shame to lose him like this when the account's been ressurected. He has stuff I'll never bother with again, such as every spell, every tech, etc. He was one of THE spellcrafters back in Spirit's day.

Plus now I have to wait 49 more days before I can take a shot at the ARoP. Bah

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Doh! You weren't supposed to talk about that! Now all your characters will turn into pumpkins! j/k

The only "policy" I've heard of was that no Blight characters could get copied to a live shard because of all the weirdness that goes on on Blight.

WEIRDNESS ??
    or are we weird ?
    LOL

Thread Information