Thread: Quest editor

Default Quest editor

Is it right I hear nothing about the quest editor anymore?
    That would be an unique feature.
    Project halted or just not for everyone available in future?
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Default Re: Quest editor

I'd like to see it be released to the public myself, but I'd imagine that it is far down the list of items on the "to do" list.

LOL I had forgotten all about that.

I wonder if Richard Wu is available on a part time basis to maintain and update SimDoc? Seeing the complexity of the program itself, I wouldn't want to try and maintain SimDoc ... Considering how fast Richard could make changes though, perhaps the code is very well organized and documented?

Anyway, I think Richard also wrote the quest editor, but I can't remember exactly. I believe I remember Jason M having the source and enough C# experience to make use of it, so perhaps it could be updated and maintained by him?

The community is certainly a good place to start for outsourcing quests, art, models, music, etc, since they'll usually do it for a shoulder buddy once it's disguised as a 'contest'. ;p

The problem with just tossing a quest editor out to the public is that you need to give out a lot of info with it that probably isnt something people should be privy too. Also, someone would have to screen the quests so carefully for abuse and make sure they conform to the lore and such of the world.

IMO I think that anyone who wants to write quests for HZ should do so.. Why do you need a quest editor to do it? Build your quest. Build backstory.. it's all in your hands. You dont need a tool to do it. The tool doesnt add creativity to quests.. It's all in your hands.

Write, submit and show you really want to help.

Thats my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus View Post
    The tool doesnt add creativity to quests.. It's all in your hands.
    That's quite true; all the quest tool does is make it easier to format & enter a quest into the quest system database. You still have to write it, edit it, and make it one people will enjoy doing.

Anyone interested in writing quests should start with the information Dangit provided for the original quest contest. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's a decent introduction to the thought process and formatting involved.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I would love to see a quest where Rysom gets the respect he deserves for the sacrifice he made to rid the world of the first attack by the Withered Aegis.

I wonder if there is a way to have "Plot / Lair" buildable items to be "unlocked" for people who finish a quest, so you can have a statue of him on your plot/lair (or more mural dragon lair art panels)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to have "Plot / Lair" buildable items to be "unlocked" for people who finish a quest, so you can have a statue of him on your plot/lair (or more mural dragon lair art panels)
    Just guessing here, but I'd think you could have a buildable item that required an attuned quest reward as a construction resource.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    I would love to see a quest where Rysom gets the respect he deserves for the sacrifice he made to rid the world of the first attack by the Withered Aegis.

Rysom obviously did a very good job cause the Withered aegis hasen't been seen nor heard from since then .

I might wait for these guys to actually say something more. We have no idea how much resources they have if any to put into the game. if they are just relying on subscriptions income than thats a slow boat to china and extreme patience will have to rule the day.

Thread Information