Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Breathing & Undersea Cities

Default Re: Water Breathing & Undersea Cities

Yeah, I'd have to agree, that filling in those sprawling open (but empty) areas should be done first.

I understand the want for NEW content, but... let us not get too hasty and forget that CURRENT content could use some improving. The Client, while it has made leaps and bounds since I started playing, still has work that it needs done (which they are currently doing now, last I heard).

We still have missing/incomplete content (Confectioner, anyone?).
    We still have Tech Comps with blank empty descriptions.
    We still have borked newbie quests (Last I heard, Coordinated Strike quest still does not work properly)
    We still have borked music areas. (they are working on this, I think?)
    We have no Official Vista support yet.
    We still have broken mob spawns (some mobs not wanting to spawn as easily as others)
    We still have a broken aggro system.

We got... too many things to count, that need fixing first.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little new content here and there added in, but Bugfixes should always remain at the top of the "To Do" list. This is how we got into this mess in the first place, bugs that were forgotten since the game's launch, are still existent nowadays.

IMO, when a Bug is discovered, it should take precedence over everything else. When multiple bugs are present, Bugs causing crashes/errors should be squashed first, followed by Gameplay/Exploit Bugs and then, things like aesthetic bugs.

That's just my opinion anyways.

Exclamation Re: Water Breathing & Undersea Cities

Bug Fixes Vs. New Content:
    While bug fixes should of course be of high priority, it is not what brings new people in and holds old people here. What does this is new material. There should be a healthy mix of the two. Critical bugs should of course be repaired, but you can spend forever fixing every little bug and never actually finish. New content is a M.U.S.T. for a Mmorpg.

Expansion Idea:
    Alot of new money has been brought into games like EQ, GW, WoW, and others by the selling of expansion packs. True, this is a lot of work. Yet, it is also one of the biggest sources of fresh income for a Mmorpg company.
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

When bugs and defficiencies bleed your player base, it is more important than new ideas.
    Last edited by AA0; September 21st, 2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: a

Yes when bugs out weight the content as it does not bugs should come first.

Thread Information