Thread: The Random Movie

Default The Random Movie

I've been bored/busy flying around istaria with a yet unnamed movie project. Its unfinished, but I have a little bit done. Although its only two clips it took several hours yesterday. The entire movie is to be made of several smaller clips or such put to a sound clip or part of a music, and I do love humour. As well, my original intent to bring forth this project was in hope that it could be something fun for the community to do, and also to try to attract some attention back to horizons when it goes out in its final form on the web. It is up to you if you would like to lend a hand, and helping doesn't mean you have to make a clip; I'm always trying to think of cute clips or music.

Here is the first two clips I did; one serious intro (I used a portion of sephiranoth's lovely poem from another thread here) and the one after is more random (And perhaps really amusing to you, too). It can be found here.

Default Re: The Random Movie

Bumping up...

I finished another clip just now and all the works behind it. I think it so far has been the most difficult of anything I have done or will ever do, but oddly, it was also the most fun.

Hint: Making all those craft materials fit in your inventory is hard work.

Will edit the link above when the uploaded video is updated.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    It can be found here.
    Where oh where did the edit button run away to? I miss it very much.

HAHA! I love the Tetris clip with the sandstone stacks!

How about Bejeweled with gems? :P

LoL Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    HAHA! I love the Tetris clip with the sandstone stacks!

How about Bejeweled with gems? :P
    I can try it but because of how that game works it will be very tricky to arrange it.

LOL!! the Tetris was hilarious.

Pretty darn cool with the Tetris there. For future filming, I have a couple of camera control /setpref commands that you can put in to really add to your films. I've been using it extensively for my guild RoP videos and the RoP story video I've been filming on and off for nearly a year now. I'll finish it someday (now that EI is gone and we have a future again) then I'll have to figure out where to put it, half done it is over 30 megs in the full sized version.

Try commands like:
    "/setpref thirdPersonCameraFollowTension = 3" (7 is default) This will make the camera lag behind your movements. You turn and it will slowly start to catch up. Tis great for flying sequences.

Or /setpref followed by any of these others (with the default value displayed here). You can hotkey them on the active bar so that you can change things with the GUI off. Use the arrow keys and/or the insert/delete/home/end/page up and down to control the camera.

camZoomMaxSpeed = 15
    camZoomAccel = 40
    camPitchMaxSpeed = 10
    camPitchAccel = 120
    camYawMaxSpeed = 10
    camYawAccel = 360
    thirdPersonFieldOfView = 90 (This one can give you some very psychedelic effects in the range of 1-259. 181-259 renders everything upside down. Don't use 0 or 180.

Edit: I should add.... Use at your own risk. While I've not had any problems with these commands other than being freaked out byt the thirdPersonFieldOfView one, I cannot guarantee or take responsibility if you mess up.
    Last edited by Solitaire; August 25th, 2007 at 12:54 AM.

Oh, I knew there was something I was saying that was wrong. Drop the = between the pref and the value. Should read something like "/setpref thirdPersonCameraFollowTension 3"

oh my god loved the tetris part hahaah

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ok, so I finally got around to watching this.

How cool!! Love the Tetris part to. My poor uncultured children had to have it explained to them, though. Man, they just don't play video games like they used to.

I have FRAPS and have been thinking of making a HZ movie.. is there a command to hide the UI that I'm not remembering, or should I just close all of the windows while filming?

Thanks.

There is a way to hide the UI. For me it's F12, but I am not sure if I remapped it or not. But it's there under options on your keyboard settings, that I do know.

Great, thanks (runs off to film!)

Ok, now that I am moved and settled in for a bit, I am going to try to add two or three more to the end, and hope to see some community clip additions too. I also randomly thought the title "Community Plot" may be a nice title for all of it, but that is just me.

Hmmm..I can't seem to get the link to work....and I so want to see the movies! *cries*

*Suddenly remembers he is supposed to be a tough dwarf....*

What kind of hoax is this?! Get it to work, you lazy dragon!

(what is going wrong here on my end? Do I need to do anything else than click on the link?)
    Last edited by Caelin; September 7th, 2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Forgetting the 'g' in wrong

Thanks! That was fast work, dragon!

(The moment after I wrote the above message, I tried again, and now it works...Guess the evil internet was just teasing me)

Strange thing for me is the first link at the top of the thread doesnt work, but the one that someone quoted does.

The quoted one works, the top doesn't. The reason being that I can't edit thread after a certain time, which is needless to say, annoying. So please check the second link down the thread.

Recently finished another clip, but will hold back putting it up until I can get two more done.

Thread Information