Thread: Reality Check

Default Reality Check

What has VI done so far? Changed a splash screen, added an icon to the login screen . . . Here's the question I'm not afraid to ask: The game you (helped develop) originally wasn't very good. How do you plan on improving? (hiring the original mistake-makers seems like a poor plan)

Default Re: Reality Check

Contrary to what you posted, there is much more that has happened since VI took over than what you perceive.

They brought back the blight server, have put in the new client there for us to see and test, have greatly improved the performance on this new client so that when it's put on the live servers, everyones play experience will be much better. ( Artifact or Tulga never accomplished that. )

They have worked to get these very forums back up and running properly, and soon, they will have the billing issues resolved.

Those things may seem small to you, but in just 2-3 weeks they have done more to actually IMPROVE the situation for players, than has been done bay anyone else in the last 3 years.

I can understand you having trust issues, but frankly, I have much greater hope for the game now, because they ones I always felt really cared about this game have stepped out on a very worn limb, and risked much to ressurect this game. I for one laud the effort and look forward what they do next.

What you see as a potential mistake, gives me great hope.
    Last edited by Aamer Khan; August 25th, 2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

You forgot to mention: they brought back support to the comunity. Not to mention they are responding on the forums, something EI never did.
    You are right... It seems they have done very little so far. However, EI had it for about year and all they did was kill the billing, made promises that couldn't possibly be kept, overcharge people and threaten with legal action and killed one of their own severs. VI has had it for a few weeks now and so far they only done things to improve the game from it's dying state and for a few, rekindle the hope. I think they deserve a little more time.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan View Post
    have greatly improved the performance on this new client so that when it's put on the live servers, everyones play experience will be much better. ( Artifact or Tulga never accomplished that. )
    *stares at Aamer*

Dude.......... do you remember what the performance was like at launch? Here's a very literal reminder:

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20040219

Massive server lag, massive client lag, enormous numbers of CTDs. The performance was far far far far far far far far worse at launch than it was at the end of Tulga's rain a year ago. It improved on a monthly basis as things were fixed from launch up until the acquisition by EII a year ago. The new combat system and the occlusion system are two examples of major changes that were made.

And as for the current client on blight, it gives me 10 FPS LESS than I get on the live client. Maybe that will be fixed. Even if it is fixed, that optimized client was written last year by Tulga (not a "new" client. The same old one with another few fixes)! EII just didn't know how to patch it out, or how to fix the bugs in it.

Hope in one hand . . .

"You can please most of the people some of the time and some of the people most of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time."

I borrowed that from someone and kinda paraphrased a little, but you get my drift.

Well, apparently you also can't please any of the people all of the time.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Opinions have been expressed and heard. As this thread only has the potential to become a series of personal attacks and/or flame baiting, it is time to close it and move on.

Thank you for understanding.

Thread Information