Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Billing Feedback

Default Re: Billing Feedback

10 consignment slots is what you get now. 10 per imperial consigner. It's just that you can use them all on *any* one of the imperial consigners. So you can have 10 on each one, or only use half of them and have 20 on each one, etc.

This doesn't count for private consigners.

I wonder why everyone is saying 5 charactors is so little. 5 charactors is ecactly what we have now. Or it's supposed to be anyway...I think because of bugs regular accounts were allowed to start more then that this past year. But 5 charactors was supposed to be the limit.

PS. I do hope however that blight charactors would continue to not count towards the limit. As it stand now you're allowed 5 charactors live and unlimited on blight for testing...I like that.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Wow

Simply, too confusing and some potential issues.

What if someone starts out with 2 "gifted" subscriptions and then made 10 characters and dropped down to a 1 subscription. What happens to the extra 5 character slots on his account? Do they have to be deleted?

To follow along those lines, if someone dropped ALL their subscriptions, then all character slots get deleted?

What about the one with the shoulder buddy. If you drop down to a different subscription plan after the first 6 months, does the shoulder buddy vanish? Rather than doing this, just charge a flat fee for a shoulder buddy.

I agree with others that suggest that raising prices at this point in time, especially considering the current client, i.e, mob spawns, mob aggro, etc. that there's not a whole lot of incentive to get players to pay "more" for status quo.

I actually liked the suggestion that you tier the additional subs so each one is a $ less. That might encourage some to add extra subs, but they'd have to be satisfied with the performance they're getting with a single subscription, really, to want to add multiples.

Hmm..

I don't post often but am a current player, continuous since shortly after beta. Rather than to specifically address the stated objective that started this thread, I would make the following observations regarding the process which the devs might consider in digesting the posts to this thread.

There are I believe 2 basic categories of posters to this board and this thread:

1. Those currently playing

2. Those not currently playing.

As for the first category there are:

a. Those who are "elders" or "veterans"

b. Those who are "newbies"

As for the second category there are:

a. Those who at some point chose not to play

b. Those who were forced to not play ala Unity.

Now each of these four have different "axes to grind" and so far it is not easy to tell which of the 4 any given comment originates from.

Of course, there is an additional group, those who are candidates to play and for the most part they are not part of this forum/thread.

So I suggest that the devs be given some help in interpreting the comments posted in this thread along the lines of "who is saying what - and from what perspective.

I would also encourage the devs to make visits to marketplace on each shard at times of heavy attendance - and get inputs from players online - many of whom do not post to this forum.

Thank YOu,

Knossos Crete

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    I wonder why everyone is saying 5 charactors is so little. 5 charactors is ecactly what we have now. Or it's supposed to be anyway...I think because of bugs regular accounts were allowed to start more then that this past year. But 5 charactors was supposed to be the limit.

PS. I do hope however that blight charactors would continue to not count towards the limit. As it stand now you're allowed 5 charactors live and unlimited on blight for testing...I like that.
    Basically if you're poor out of game, and can only pay the 10 dollars, you don't deserve a plot. Three character slots is "so little".

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

Ok... heres my two cents on this...

I like the idea of being able to pay more for more.....of course.

I dont mind limiting numbers of characters because Horizons (to me)is not a game intended for multiple characters..... you can multiclass every single catagory of the game.... the only line is that of dragon/biped.
    As I see it this way I would only need 2 toons.... unless i was sharing the account which is a whole nother story.

I can tell you for sure that if the rate is raised before any definite fixes have been noted or anything major added too the game.... you will not be seeing my return (seein how i cant even play on Vista as it is)

Return Horizons to the former glory I remember... the days before the server mergers.... and I will pay whatever you ask.

anyways.... good luck and I do so very very hope Horizons is on the verge of the comeback of the century..

Reading your subscription ideas Horizons CS...I have to first have to ask...

• What is the reason for Changing pricing,
    • Plot Ownership,
    • Consignment slots (big one here), and
    • Number of Character Slots
    • For the current price of $12.95 a month?

I think I recall from some posts long ago that the reason for consignment limits was a database issue and the affect it had on server performance. If this is the case, I don't see where tiering subscriptions will help you out any, if not just make the coding more difficult. In this instance, the KISS method works wonders and there's less to break down.

Also, the number of consignment slots, is that per NPC Consigner, per player owned consigner, or in total? I do remember that the number of slots on player-made consignment shops was more limited and based on tier than that of the NPC consigners.

The economy in the game is hurting significantly, and severly limiting consignment slots as indicated in your subscription ideas do not appear to be helpful.

More clarifination needs to be stated as to what you mean by "Comes with standard Plot". Does that mean you have the option of buying/owning a plot with coin you earn, or that once you have said subscription, you are assigned a plot (that you can sell and move) or you when you find a standard plot (by which I assume indicates a standard size, say 25x25) and take ownership as part of your subscription?

As with many comments, I heartily believe that if at all possible, the military appreciation secondary subs/logins should remain. Short of being home with loved ones or a break from routine, nothing is as much a morale booster as getting online with family/friends/loved-ones from back home.

As with all things, I too agree with others that a slight increase from the current $12.95/month is doable, but I am in total agreement that it should not go above $14.95/month.

The basic subscription, appears to be as someone said, for the casual gamer, or someone that is taking a break from their normal routine. No matter how much one likes a particular game, it is still nice to have a break. On the flip side of that coin, whats to say that casual gamer doesn't like crafting more than adventuring? Not giving them a plot or ability to own a plot for building their 'dream' would be a significant deterrent to gaining additional subscribers.

As many people have said, the crafting system in this game is second to none. Playing EQ2 for the past month, while their system is...interesting, it still doesn't compare to Horizon's crafting system...the one thing that keeps me wanting to return.

Now I'm no accountant, financial advisor, or politician; nor do I know your overheads costs, salary's etc,; so to come up with subscription plans on my own would be nothing more than picking numbers out of thin air.

My thoughts however, any plan, whether basic, standard, gifted, ancient, whatever you finally decide on (tiered?), should all have the option of being auto-renewed. I would also suggest that non-recurring subs are $1 more a month than recurring...seems to work for other pay-sites. (ie, say you decide on $14.95 a month...recurring subs are $13.95/month and reflected in 6- and 12-month plans.)

Overall though, I am glad to see that you are working on the issue and looking for input from your past, present and those hoping to return players. I just think that more clarification is needed on:

• What is a "Standard Plot"?
    • What do you mean when you say, "Comes with Standard Plot"?
    • "?? Consignment slots" - is that per NPC Consigner, Player-made Consigner, or in-total?

Thanks for listening and I hope this helps.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Yea I really like the idea of paying for extra plots as that is the only thing I am interested in getting more of. I would like a second plot. Thats about the only thing I find of interest but might by some of the other bonus items. As others have said the basic plans seems way to ummmm basic and the ancient plain is way too costly for say basically 2 subs. I like the Al a cart ideas myself.

I might also consider buying addtional tiers of Vault space for 25 or 50 cents a month. another 300 item stack space and 6000 bulk would do me nicely.

I was thinking extra vault space at a fee would be nice; however I don't know how difficult that would be to tie vault into subscriptions, might be something doable down the road.

As long as they dont' start charging for items. I am deadset against that sort of thing. Though that would be hard in HZ, since most of the armour, weapons, and spells are player made.

Maybe slight off topic, but I noticed several posts while I was making my rather long one.

I can only assume it was do to EI/PME/Whomever's blunder that allowed it to happen in the first place...

Since when were we allowed more than 5 characters per account/subscription? I'm sorry, but short of owning 15 plots (thus 15 subs) Who has a need for 15 characters.

Needless to say, I was a bit dumbfounded when I read the few threads after I started writing my first post about people complaining about having to lose or delete some of their alts.

15...FIFTEEN alts? <shakes head>

Aaelefein

Oh yes...if it was at all possible...I would very much pay for additional vault space.
    Last edited by Aaelefein; August 26th, 2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Vaults
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

What would happen to our current accounts that own one plot and five characters? I currently have two accounts, please, please, dont make it so high, that I can't afford it. I can afford the current pricing, perhaps a bit more. I dont want to lose my characters, nor my plot.

Knossos has stated something extremely important.. I 120% agree with it.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

Just as a note, right now your subscription nets you 5 characters, (Blight doesn't count) 1 logon, and (I think) 10 "consigner slots." Basically the same thing as the "gifted" subscription.
    Last edited by Hal`cyon Sskyler; August 26th, 2007 at 12:53 AM.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I downsized my accounts, to two. I have a plot on each account. I thoroughly enjoy building. That is all I do each and every day. Emotions aside, I really dont want to lose my plots. What is a standard plot? I have one on brandongs shelf, 100 by 100. Paid for ingame cash. I have another in South Gate, 75 by 75. Oh gosh, I am rambling. I thoroughly, immensly, enjoy playing Horizons, and as stated, I can go a bit higher to keep both accounts. When will we know the final answer please? n*bites fingernails*

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    When will we know the final answer please?
    I think right now they are working on gaining imput. This would be a great time to post your thoughts about keeping your plots with a more simple subscription type. Nothing is completely offical, yet.. at least I do not think.

I have a sub of my own I hold a friends plot with. I do not build much, or at all, but I do understand.
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.

I would like to suggest the following:
    I think it is important to let new players into all the important parts of the game: how else do you expect to keep them all, if you would only let them get to know certain aspects, but not others?
    Building, leading to having a plot of your own with something useful on it, is in my opinion a quite important part of this game. And so I think we should not throw away the potential to hook new players to the game that experience that they really enjoy building and/or owning a plot.
    Plus: I do not at all want to deny the poorer players out there the chance to enjoy this part of the game.

I therefore wonder if it would be a good suggestion to use the myriad of, to longer-term players almost totally unusable, tiny plots (max 25/25) as plots for basic subscriptions. This would be a nice way to introduce plot-ownership and building to new players (and hook quite a few of them by doing that; as they go on building they will almost certainly want a bigger plot so will also want to step up to another subscription). It also is at least a way to not deny plot-ownership, even if usability is very limited, to those that have to stay on the lowest-priced subscriptions.

I wóuld like to add a few in my mind neccessary rules to this though:
    - A new player can start looking for one of these plots after playing for a fortnight (this is to first filter out those many players that are very short-term, the kind that leaves after two or three days in);
    - These basic-plots will nót be kept after the player leaves the game: the day these subscriptions end, the belonging plots immediately and automatically get emptied and put back in the pool of free basic plots.

Coming from the basic account players can go to the standard account (same as it is now, maybe a bit more consignerslots for a bit higher price as it is now); and for anything on top of the standard-accounts I would love to see the 'a la carte' way of pricing.

Just my idea's of course.

There should not need to be a change to subscriptions vs plots. The foundation of the game was to evintually own a plot. One plot per sub. Change it and cange the founding concept. Giving a basic player a useless plot to build on is almost as bad as not giving him one. I know some people may even be insulted by that when they found out they had to pay more to get a bigger plot. Such is the reason a few people have allready left at the sight of this post..

I like the idea of a la carte adding of things, start with what we have now, and be able to add to it. The difference between 9.95 ad 12.95 is negligible to me for that, and it feels like a lot is being taken away for 3 dollars. If it eneds to go up to 13.95 (what an odd number) my brain accepts that more than 14.95 (EQ2) - I know, one buck difference, but for some reason it seems easier to accept.

The consignment slots confused me because i am still readjusting to the game but now that I've read this thread over again I am reminded.

I don't know. I just know I'd be willing to pay cash money to get my title. I was *this* close to actually BEING Lunhilde of the Vandus March, but apparently a title like that was supposed to come from something special...

Thread Information