Thread: Recognize a special group

Default Recognize a special group

The community is what makes a game, and Horizons has a core group that has stuck with the game (paying or not) and promoted a rather positive playing experience. I am sure the current players know who these players (characters) are.

While those serving in the military may have a special subscription rate (and if free I don't agree with that), those actively promoting a positive playing experience should be recognized by Virtrium. And I mean by those who have logged in since the "dark" days as TulgAE faltered, then EI, then PMI. Certainly their own emblem, but I mean also a special subscription rate (even free, at least for a period of time).

Without this core group, Horizons would be a much smaller world.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Default Re: Recognize a special group

I believe Horizons CS stated in the original billing feedback thread that the military program would remain open.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

People would cry favouritism and some would leave over it.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden View Post
    The community is what makes a game, and Horizons has a core group that has stuck with the game (paying or not) and promoted a rather positive playing experience. I am sure the current players know who these players (characters) are.

While those serving in the military may have a special subscription rate (and if free I don't agree with that), those actively promoting a positive playing experience should be recognized by Virtrium. And I mean by those who have logged in since the "dark" days as TulgAE faltered, then EI, then PMI. Certainly their own emblem, but I mean also a special subscription rate (even free, at least for a period of time).

Without this core group, Horizons would be a much smaller world.
    Please don't make yet another thread about how US Military personnel should not get any special subscription rate. If they do, that is totally up to the owners how much that is if any. As far as people getting special recognition for sticking it out while EII/PME/Whatever they call themselves now, Shoot... I should get recognition for that, being in the military, and being here since beta... why not just make a whole bunch of special plans to suit everyones specific needs and whatnot.

Honestly... The Military program when it was started was a surprise to me, and its not like I didn't already have 2 paid accts, I just added an additional 3rd, that btw I rarely used, but it was nice to have so I could let friends check the game out. Anyway... continue with your feeble attempts at trying to get something out of the new company for being mistreated by EII/PME/???...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Why people make a fuss over this military thing (being European maybe I miss something, but if the developers decide to give away subs why shouldn't they be able to?)

How would you prize who like me paid yearly subscriptions (to support the game) yet my server got closed at half of such year I paid in advance, with no refund ever?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Where does the special treatment end then? There are some people that did a lot more for the game then just "log in and be positive"

isn't this exactly what the "grandfathering" is about?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

EDIT: I can't read. I completely miss what is being said here. Don't mind me.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I got what I deserved for 'sticking it out' - even if sticking it out for me was paying 12.95 a month and never logging in.

I get to log in and play a game. What more do I need?

As much as I'd kill puppies with my bare hands to get my title the last thing I'd want it to be for would be 'sticking it out'. I did do a lot of 'work' on the game per se helping out with stuff back in the day brainstorming and whatnot. But so what? The reward for that was, and is, being able to see my input in the game and being able to have a small measure of pride that maybe my ideas helped make things a shade better.

There have always been rules as to who gets what and why. If they decide to change those rules, that's their decision and their call, for their own reasons, and 'sticking it out' is kinda a lame one. I know that *I* did not stick around for the hopes of perks later on if and when the rainclouds passed. I stuck it out because I liked the game concept. That hasn't changed, so I am still getting what I wanted in the first place, the game and the concept, sooo...

Won't see me with my hand out for anything. 'Cept maybe "of the Vandus March" at the end of my name... but that naming right (to be of an inital map location) is reserved (I believe) for the original beta-testers of HZ.

While the military program may still need to be worked out, it was only a side note. And yes I was in the Navy.

I'm talking more of something akin to TulgAE's referral program. Players taking that extra effort to promote the game, mainly from within over the last year, have essentially brought potential subscribers to Viritium.

:: shrugs :: matters little what others on these forums think, it is a purely in-game dynamic that I'm sure Virtrium recognizes.
    Last edited by Jaraiden; August 31st, 2007 at 05:28 AM. Reason: spell that V name good
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I'm talking more of something akin to TulgAE's referral program. Players taking that extra effort to promote the game, mainly from within over the last year, have essentially brought potential subscribers to Viritium.
    Would I fall in the "promote" category since I am trolling the WoW forums on how much Horizons is better, including pictures? ;P

"I play that small MMO that provided years ago what no other game can even promise for the future, you know, a game where players actually help each other on common goals blah blah".

I always get someone willing to have more details including the web site name etc
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Or me talking to friends ad guildmates on EQ2 ad hearign responses like, "Oh.. Horizons was my first MMO!" and they started naming the musical artist who sings the voicetrack in the starter islands and talking about what they built on Order, and start loggig back in? :P

Well, when EI changed the billing system I couldn't log into it to change my credit card when mine got ripped off. It would never take the change.
    I couldn't get to my second subscription at all.
    Eventually, after having tickets ignored... I gave up.
    Now I can't log in at all, it does not recognize my username. I guess that means I've lost my dragon and the lair I worked hard on, even though I'd like to come back...
    To be honest, I think having the "special" treatments brought up is a bit soon. Let them get everything else sorted out first.

Screech have you submitted a support ticket yet since the sale? Really, honest, it worked for me. They'll need your email address linked to the account, and I included a character name on it just so they could verify that it really was mine. But it's all fixed now.

Talking Re: Recognize a special group

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Would I fall in the "promote" category since I am trolling the WoW forums on how much Horizons is better, including pictures? ....
    Oooo! Post links! I wanna see the flame wars!

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

I have put some sample posts in "rants".

Now I have kind of stopped because the WoW moderators don't like free thinkers and so they banned me till 15 Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Would I fall in the "promote" category since I am trolling the WoW forums on how much Horizons is better, including pictures? ;P

"I play that small MMO that provided years ago what no other game can even promise for the future, you know, a game where players actually help each other on common goals blah blah".

I always get someone willing to have more details including the web site name etc
    I still have my link in that program in my sig in many sites. I really need to ask about an equivalent program.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

I suspect that 'special group' is already more than overjoyed at the additional life in the game now. It'd be nice to have a badge or shoulder pet for all those grandfathered, but the real reward is a wonderful, fun community to spend time with. Many thanks to Vitrium et al for revitalizing it!!

Thread Information