Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Log Analyzer Project...

Default New Log Analyzer Project...

========================================= Updated: 1/24/05
    Project: R.A.L.P.H. -HZ Edition

Created By:
    PogoWolf: Programming,Design,Project Lead.

** If you wish to help, please contact me
    at [email protected]or more information
    Currently the System is being created in VB.NET
    with in Access database backend.

** Yahoo Group has been added for those that wish to
    get into the guts of the system, to make it better
    for everyone:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ralph-HZ/
    =========================================
    Current Status:
    1/24/05:
    STILL looking for people that would like to help test, or
    otherwise be apart of the project. [:P]

also the first REAL Pre-Alpha build has been released
    to the group. It'll get posted here at some point. [;)]

NEEDED INFORMATION:
    *Verification that the log files in Europe are different then America

* List of Item names and attributes:
    like the rare line of weapons, and unique items
    like the fireworks, and the boar mask.

Release Notes: 0.01
    Not Released.. so no 'official' notes.

Possible Future features.:
    1) Text Colorizer
    2) Scheduler (auto reinstall of Map defs after build change)
    3) Moveparsed logs to archive folder and ZIP them or delete them
    4) Sector DEF parser
    5) Map Pack Parser
    6) HZ Configuration changes.
    7) Auto-Patch system (using a web service)
    8) Knowledge Base
    9) Auto Map creation based on your sector Defs, and map defs.
    10) Mob Lists <-- Already started
    11) Mob Drops <-- Already Started
    12) Resource/item names <-- Already started.
    13) Crafting buddy (what can be built per level)
    14) Detailed Statics.
    15) Charts and Graphs
    16) Spell Buddy (what can I cast, when? - Multi-class ready)
    17) Character Designer (show stat gains per level per class)
    18) "Command Line" parsing to request RALPH to view data in 'chunks'

AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Default Re: New Log Analyzer Project...

Can't answer your question. Heck, i don't even have a clue why you would need to know in order to write a new log parser.

But, just wanted to say... GREAT, thanks! [:D] Been hoping someone would take this on for a long time now!
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Well it's like this..
    The logs won't tell you what level mob you are attacking, so the only way to figure that out would be to know how much XP you should get from the kill according to your level.

This will allowthe program to not only know what level(s) of mobs that you are attacking but then group the attack rate, damage, and special abilitys to a specific mob andlevel.

[/RIGHT]

list isn't needed twice.. =)
    Removed.
    [/RIGHT]

I'm not sure what influences how much experience killing a particular monster will yield, other than level/rating has an influence - health doesn't seem to have any bearing on experience yields.

Now what I can tell you is that levels 1 to 10 will yield a maximum experience of 20% of your exp bar per kill, and that levels 11 and up will yield a maximum of 10% of your exp bar per kill. This had me confused for a while, because on a number of schools and toons I would see myself getting more experience per kill at level 10 than I did for the same monsters at level 11 [:O] A companion had already figured out what was going on, so thank Warlock for that bit of info if it wasn't already known, it was him who told me what was going on when I queried why I'd get more exp per kill at level 10 than level 11.

I'm interested in helping with your log analyser project. I have a fair chunk of programming experience, but even if you just want help with the filtering and search strings then let me know. I've got the old Tazoon.com dev tracker as an example of what I can do with string parsing [;)] (Talking of which, I'm not sure whether I'll resurrect the Dev Tracker, might make it into a proper archive of Tazoon.com's posts for reference which folks might appreciate)

I'm not sure what influences how much experience killing a particular monster will yield, other than level/rating has an influence - health doesn't seem to have any bearing on experience yields.
    The reason I'm looking for this information is to be able to get a generic idea of how a mob will attack you per level of your toon. The only way to track that data would be to tagthe attack ratios to a specific mob. Since the Logs don't tell you that you are attacking a level 1 Grouk (only a Grouk) then the idea would be to test for the amount of DMG needed to kill a mob. Since then we'd have the name, and (almost) the damage needed to kill it, then we can say: Gruoks with an avg. HP of 80 (level2) attack a level 1 toon with a DPS of 3 and use special abilites 20% of the time.

Now what I can tell you is that levels 1 to 10 will yield a maximum experience of 20% of your exp bar per kill, and that levels 11 and up will yield a maximum of 10% of your exp bar per kill.
    I've noticed that also, I do believe that XP gained uses a different logic depending on what'group' your current level is. There IS a difference in XP gained between lvl1-10 and 11-20. However, another issue is that the XP is different depending on what you kill. A level 1 Gruok in New brom. gives different XP then one in Sslanis.
    However, in NB, the XP gained is on a linar scale (20, 40, 60, 80) if you are killing a mob at your level.

I'm interested in helping with your log analyser project. I have a fair chunk of programming experience, but even if you just want help with the filtering and search strings then let me know. I've got the old Tazoon.com dev tracker as an example of what I can do with string parsing [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img] (Talking of which, I'm not sure whether I'll resurrect the Dev Tracker, might make it into a proper archive of Tazoon.com's posts for reference which folks might appreciate)
    Well I'm not sure what the 'Dev tracker' even is.. LOL but cool. =) =)

Currently,I'm useing VB.NET and regular Expressions for the parseing. The program will also have an Access DB on the back end to be able to track stats over time. This will also allow users of the program to import/Export data so unless there's a logic change in the code, updates can be handled by Flat Files.

[/RIGHT]

You include evade but not dodge. Dodge should be included as well as it only works against the active opponent where evade is against all opponents.

The information you look at providing is good. Just be aware there is more than one log format in use.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

However from the information I've been seeing, Evade, Dodge, and block are all rolled into one (in the log).. so that's going to be tricky

as for the log formats, I'm aware of the and the CHAT and DEBUG logs.. are there other formats I'm missing? (I'm not worried about the XML, nor the lag logs)

I was wondering the other day if the Europe shards have a different format,
    but making the system read those logs won't be a problemeither.
    [/RIGHT]

The old Horizons Loganalyzer in the Version 1.5 had the option to change the date setings ( or to ignore it )

European chat log date format:

[11-01-04 00_03_43] Opening chat log...

[11/01/04 00:07:52]

European debug log date format

[00:03:42 (-1.00 FPS)]
    Entering client application...
    Initializing Horizons client, build #331.0 (Sep 30 2004 12:52:08)

maybe there are differences....

...however, I am looking forward to your loganalyzer

Well the good news is that looks like your date/Time stamp is in the same format as the American logs..WOOT! that makes the job a lot easier. =)

Would you be willing to send me a copy of your log files?If there are other differences then I'll need to be able to figure that out, I don't want to leave our
    Europe players out in the cold. =)

However the worst case would be to read in what shard you are on, and change the
    parse routine as needed (if needed)

This program, however, will not allow you to ignore the date/time stamp. A lot of the calculations that the system will doing is based on the date/time. As long as the date/time is in the same format, then everything will be fine.
    [/RIGHT]

imported_Silowyi

There is also a detailed net log. If you parse that, you get everything. But... it's very huge and people seldom run with it on. An hour of play can easily be several hundred MBs.

Can you get this log by turned running the 'Debug' program in the root folder? or how do you get to this log?

the ONLY log files that I'm aware of are:
    client_chat_log_10-26-04_18_16_02.txt <-- Main Chat log
    client_debug_log_10-26-04_20_30_48.txt <-- logon debug log
    client$20041020173321-00000f84.dmp <-- Memory Dump from Crash
    client$20041020173321-00000f84.maura <-- Text Error Log
    pogogamer_ptstats_1076.xml <-- Network Log

Is there another I'm missing???
    [/RIGHT]

The main chat log from memory has a simple and another format

in the simple you see
    time you -> target [damage]

in the other you see
    time you hit target for [damage]

On the date format US uses mm-dd-yyyy while AU (and EU I think) use dd-mm-yyyy
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Hmmm.. All my logs are printing in this format for combat:

"[10/21/04 17:53:14] You hit Massive Elm Treant with Ethereal Paroxysm III for 41 damage."

or
    "[11/02/04 20:17:25] You hit Iron Golem for 90 damage."

I do not have a:
    "[11/02/04 20:17:25] You ->Iron Golem90 damage."
    format...

Could you advise me on how you are seeing those logs?
    I've turned on / off the debug mode (the EXE in the HZ root) and the only
    difference is an extra log file type is created, I didn't see any difference in
    the Chat log itself.

Also if ANYONE on a European shard can send me a copy of there Chat and Debug logs for ONE day, I would like to verify any differences between the US logs format, and the European one (if any)
    [/RIGHT]

Knall

There is a switch in the options. Something like extended log format or detailed log format.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    It would be neat (If I may chime in), if the parser could calculate how much hoard you spent during the day in combat.
    That could be done if I knew before handthe hoard value of each specific attack.
    since I don't play a dragon..;)

something like:
    Gold Rage = 500 Hoard
    also, does the amount of hoard needed go up as you level up? or
    stay the same?

If you can compile that information, I would be happy to add the suggestion!
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Knall
    There is a switch in the options. Something like extended log format or detailed log format.
    I will look for that switch tonight, if there is a difference (and there sounds like it is) it should be easy to figure out what 'type' of log is being looked into, and modify my p.a.r.s.e. methods as needed.
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    I'll grab ya the information. The hoard cost is based on the ...
    (I'll update the rest after I figure out the rest of the rages.)
    thanks for the information!!! Once the full list has been added here, I'll update my notes. I'll be sure to add this into the first major release..
    [/RIGHT]

I just noticed the edit saying it was being created using an access backend.. for the love of istaria don't Its just not cool.

I don't want to have to have access or the runtimes to use a log parser. Use XML file(s).
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

if you've got the .NET framework.. you've got the Access drivers. =)
    Access itself will not need to be installed. I'm just useing the OLE .NET drivers.

XML 'could' be used.. but then again, you're talking wasteing a lot of HD space because of all the flat files now matter how 'well'they are read.

The HZ crafter, has 4.41 MB of XML data,I can't have RALPH using more drive space then Horizons itself (which it would, ifall the data was in XML format)

There's anotherreason for the database.. what you see above is NO WHERE NEAR all the functions I plan for this 'little' project.. =)

[/RIGHT]

Thread Information