Thread: Blight and The New Billing

Default Blight and The New Billing

Will Blight Players still be able to have two concurrent logins on the Blight testing shard?
    Yes

Do Blight characters count towards the character limit?
    No - you can still have lots of characters on Blight for testing various races and stages of development.

If I only play on Blight, do I need a gifted account?
    No - you can get the Basic Account for $9.95 and still have access to every game feature when playing on Blight. To be clear - Blight is for testing and does not take into consideration account subscriptions.

Horizons CS

Default Re: Blight and The New Billing

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    To be clear - Blight is for testing and does not take into consideration account subscriptions.

Horizons CS
    This statement, to me, says that even if you have No current sub, you can still play on Blight... Free... I don't know if that's how you meant it.. but that's how it is reading to me. As for the rest of it... are the following statements all true??
    you can play with more then 1 concurrent login...
    if true.. how many is a max, is there a max?

since you can have more then 1 character on Blight, is it also true that each character you have there can have a plot/lair?

I think these statements are more along the lines of what was being asked by my fellow players in the other thread. Thanks.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

You do need an account to access the Blight shard.

We'll be coordinating a new Blight testing group and have the ability to adjust features for the Blight shard, as needed, to facilitate testing. Give us a bit to get ourselves organized for Blight testing (it's not like we're taking a delta this Monday or something) and we'll make adjustments if required.

We do want to take care of Blight testers so we can have good feedback on updates.

Horizons CS

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not to repeat myself, but what about blight peeps who have a plot and use vista?
    will i lose all my hard work because i can't play?
    not quite fair to my mind - not my fault i can't play with vista and that vista is all the new machines come loaded with. i can't even get the game to work on my xp laptop, for some reason. i know there can be a permanent fix, as i was able to log in to blight once using the process posted in 'consistently working with vista'. but no way can i afford to buy xp, if i can even find it, and pay for horizons too.
    i would be willing to pay a small (and i mean small - certainly not total monthly subscription amount) monthly amount to keep my plot open, if i have the promise (with a deadline) that i will be able to get into the game soon.
    i absolutely will NOT be back if i lose my plot because of this vista matter.
    what would be the point? the only reason i hung around this long is the hopes of getting back to housekeeping.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    If I only play on Blight, do I need a gifted account?
    No - you can get the Basic Account for $9.95 and still have access to every game feature when playing on Blight. To be clear - Blight is for testing and does not take into consideration account subscriptions.

Horizons CS
    Does this statement only concern characters, or does "every game feature" mean we can have as many plots as we like as well for the basic account of $9.95?

As a resident of Blight (both my plots are on Blight) and having read the New Subscription Model post I was/am intending to take out 2 Grandfather subscriptions to enable me to keep my plots, ie one subscription per plot regardless of shard (including Blight) as the rules stood originally with Tulga.

So, does the one plot per subscription rule still stand across all shards or is Blight going to be opened up to a land grab?
    Poppi, Crafting Dryad/Zastria, Adult Dragon
    of Ad Astra Guild on Chaos

one question, do I need a gifted account to have plots or lairs?
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

I read it as Blight is a free-for-all. Meaning nothing about your sub effects it. Basically for $9 you can make Blight your home by a plot and live there. Just with the threat of a char wipe hanging over your head, that hopefully never happens. To me that is a great way to get a good level of people playing on blight as their normal home, just hopefully some of them will give feed back.

Doesn't blight also have lesser hardware than the regular servers though? You don't want *too* many people playing there.

This is the reply I got back from my PM to Hz CS:

In order to have a plot / lair on ANY server, you must have a subscription that allows the purchase of one. If you decide that you want the subscription without the ability to own a plot, you will not be able to own one on Blight.
    Poppi, Crafting Dryad/Zastria, Adult Dragon
    of Ad Astra Guild on Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Poppi View Post
    This is the reply I got back from my PM to Hz CS:

In order to have a plot / lair on ANY server, you must have a subscription that allows the purchase of one. If you decide that you want the subscription without the ability to own a plot, you will not be able to own one on Blight.
    What about if you have a plot or lair on another shard? Can you still have one on Blight even if it would otherwise put you over your maximum number of plots?
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i believe that answer is a no.....if you can have only one plot, you can have only one plot, not one on live and one on blight....

The Cheese Queen is correct.

Plots on Blight count toward your total number of plots for your account.

Then how would you be able to test changes to construction? Didn't a number of nasty bugs slip through back in the day because of lairs not being properly tested in Blight?
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thankfully this isn't "back in the day".

We have a great team of people who play regularly on this server and help to test as well. We do rely heavily on them for testing things relating to plots and lairs. And we have others, though granted it is fewer, who maintain an extra subscription so they can have a plot on Blight that they work on during maintenance days, and test as well. These people will occasionally ask to have their character from live copied over again because that character has leveled faster than the Blight one, but they too are a valuable part of the testing team.

Go, go gadget testers!

I just hope any future changes to construction won't result in Baela (or a VI equivalent Starbucks-addicted pink dragon) and Reyem fixing my lair twice each and getting lost on the first floor of my lair.
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    Then how would you be able to test changes to construction? Didn't a number of nasty bugs slip through back in the day because of lairs not being properly tested in Blight?

are you saying my subjects are improper???!!!!

Thread Information