Thread: Wah, sony banned me.

Default Wah, sony banned me.

From the forums, anyway.. for complaining about extreme moderation (over a dozen people have been banned this week)

orry, you've been banned from posting messages in this forum.

Reason for Ban: Other
    Harassment of the volunteer forums moderation team will not be permitted. If you have issue in regards to moderation, you are to take it to the Admins. Continued flaming of the moderators will result in further removal from the forums of those that choose to take such action.

Length of Ban: 3 days (from 08/31/2007 10:43:56 to 09/03/2007 10:43:56)

All participants of this forum are expected to abide by the forum's Rules of Conduct.

If you feel this ban is unjustified please review the Rules of Conduct, and if you still feel the ban was enacted in error, contact the administrator and describe your reasons.
    ---
    Hmm... lesse... need to practice being an Istarian Cleric again some more..

Default Re: Wah, sony banned me.

I havn't been banned...but then again I don't really say to much. Heh I post in the eq2 expansion forum and say thing mostly like how will Sarnak swim.

What did you say that was apperantly so bad anyway (I have noticed they're rather unbending there at times)?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

In short, I said that the moderation, deleting, and banning is completely out of control, and is no longer moderation, but extremeism. Of course I also used the term 'flame retardant suit' and then added (oh nooes! Don't ban me for saying 'retardant'!!)

I'm like one of a dozen from LDL who's been banned, who knows how many forum folks from other servers.

If you use a 'badword' regardless of context, you're doomed.

Then someone else got banned for reporting like 70 threads in a row, as someone else pointed out that, obviously, we are being banned because people are reporting us. /lol

Never piss off a host of posters bored at work!

<_<
    >_>
    I've never had this happen to me before...

...twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunhilde View Post
    Length of Ban: 3 days (from 08/31/2007 10:43:56 to 09/03/2007 10:43:56)
    I guess there's nothing else to say...

GRATS!!!!!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

*Bows to the throwing of roses, teary eyed as she tries to balance the crown on her head and keep her 'Banned' ribbon from slipping off her shoulder* Thank you... thank you... ... for the children!

Heh, I have been banned from the WoW forums 3 times, for a week each.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

that used to be the norm here as well oh not so long ago and the same under many administrations. I doubt it will continue with this one.

I was here for the banfests, and never got banned. That's the thing. I'm no nastier on SoE forums as I ever have been anywhere else...

.. laster in the evening, I get a cross server tell from a forum moderator, apologizing to me, sayig that he was busy working on other things when it happened, and that he basically told them that I was the least of their worries... the issue is apparently the PvP servers are going ballistic, so they're pretty much turning the hose on when more than 2 people are seen talking about the same annnoying issue at once (the current annoying issue beign overmoderation... )

I was actually proud to get a ban here. A permanent one too. Was fun taking shot after shot at EI, though it lost it's appeal after awhile cause they never paid any attention. But, in their final days, I scored. Guess they didn't like being called "too stupid to fix things" or something like that. On the off chance that one of them actually does happen to read this, though I doubt it...

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Squee. Don't worry.. the Karma Ghosts will jam the joins in their Coke machines and make them step in poopoo.

http://billyblob.com/cartoons/karma-ghost.html

Yay me I got another!

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Cool, now Blizz is banning people because people try to write nerf posts about the developer pet class, warlock

When the ban period is over, do it again Vahrokh

The funny part is that basically the whole page was filled up by "nerf warlock <nasty words>" except the last post.

So I created a fake thread called "warlocks might be overpowered" with the content like:

"Just creating this so we have the first nerf XXX full page ever"

and a warlock posted that he reported me.

So, of all the other real nerf threads, none got a single day ban, the only joke thread in the page, mine, got me banned for 1.5 months.

Funny, isn't it?

Thats, like.. sheer awesome. /bow /bow /bow

I imagine, now, the mods here looking at this and going.. okay.. how do we keep these ban-happy freaks calm... /spray prozac

Never been banned from the WoW forums - because I don't go there - but I was permanently banned from WoW itself for "activities contrary to the spirit of Warcraft". I still have no idea what that means.

Anyone who brings up a questionable ban on the WoW forums usually has several dozen people calling them a gold seller or saying "STFU u deserved it". I didn't bother trying that route.

I appealed, demanding to see the specific server logs showing whatever it was I did, the specific complaints against me, whatever they might be, or whatever actual evidence they had that I myself did something wrong. Blizzard refused to respond. They finally sent me a form to reclaim my account and I got reinstated, but there was not a single word of explanation or apology.

I didn't let it sour me on the game, but I have nothing nice to say about Blizzard management and customer service personnel - which is why I stay away from the WoW forums altogether.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I was actually proud to get a ban here. A permanent one too. Was fun taking shot after shot at EI, though it lost it's appeal after awhile cause they never paid any attention. But, in their final days, I scored. Guess they didn't like being called "too stupid to fix things" or something like that. On the off chance that one of them actually does happen to read this, though I doubt it...

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    Wow, Solitaire, I saw the Banned instead of Member, but had no idea you didn't just ask them to ban it or something.

I almost wish I was lucky enough for EI to ban.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Thread Information