Thread: Free trial to existing past accounts

Default Free trial to existing past accounts

You guys might want to give a free trial offer to past accounts. if someone is going to try the game from the past they are going to want to do it with their old account.

an idea to ponder.

Default Re: Free trial to existing past accounts

If you know someone who was a previous player, they can log in right now. All accounts are currently comped for the short term.

Your idea sounds like a good one. Once we get our next delta rolled out, we'll do something similar to emailing all previous customers a special 'Come Back to Istaria' sign up code, or comp all their accounts for two weeks. Thank you for the suggestion.

Horizons CS

Whoa, Grim! They called you're bluff. You're play!
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

tsk tsk Landowyn.

Only wings of majestic silver here.

I believe they did this in the past. Its what drew some older players back.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    If you know someone who was a previous player, they can log in right now. All accounts are currently comped for the short term.

Your idea sounds like a good one. Once we get our next delta rolled out, we'll do something similar to emailing all previous customers a special 'Come Back to Istaria' sign up code, or comp all their accounts for two weeks. Thank you for the suggestion.

Horizons CS
    I wish that were so. I've been trying and emailing for days now and I still can't get on. It says my account doesn't exist, but if it doesn't exist... how can you guys reset the password? :P

Heya Screech... it was posted in another thread but I'll reiterate it here: Open a support ticket. I just had the very same problem (deleted account) since I'm back from 2004 days. Granted, it took 35 days, but they managed to undelete the account.

Oh, and don't bother starting a new character... That's what I did to re-familiarize myself with the controls, and now I have two dragons on two different shards. (Surprise to me, my old account was on Order, and Chaos was where I started re-play due to population.)

They still can't do character transfers, so that's one dead Order account, lol.

But, toss 'em a ticket, maybe I caught all this in transition.
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Verm so you know.. they can merge your two accounts into one account... that way you'll still have your all your chars and only need to pay for one account.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisty View Post
    Verm so you know.. they can merge your two accounts into one account... that way you'll still have your all your chars and only need to pay for one account.
    And as I understand it, since I want to 2box both dragons, I'd purchase 2 Gifted subscriptions. (Or whatever combo that allows 2 concurrent logins.)

Problem is, Virtrium's not worried enough about getting new accounts to figure out character transfers. (Well, at least they said they wouldn't do it, and closed my ticket.)
    Vermithraxx Draconis, Spirit Shard 12/29/03, 1st Helian Adult 03/17/04 [Retired]
    Vermithraxis Draconis, Chaos Shard 06/28/07, Lunus Adult 07/18/07, 100/100/100 09/03/07
    Biped: HLR 100/SPRD 45/CNJ 44/MIN 100/TNK 100/ARM 100/SPL 100/WPN 90/JWL 100/OUT 69/BLK 58/GTH 76/ENC 53...

Quote Originally Posted by Vermithraxx View Post
    Heya Screech... it was posted in another thread but I'll reiterate it here: Open a support ticket. [SNIP]
    But, toss 'em a ticket, maybe I caught all this in transition.
    I did. I've emailed, I've opened tickets... you name it.
    They reset my pw once (how can you reset a pw on an account if the username doesn't exist?) and I've heard nothing since, even after emailing and submitting tickets again.

I'd like to come back but I'm not going to jump through hoops to do it, if you know what I mean.

Thread Information