Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal for dummies

Default Re: Paypal for dummies

I signed up for paypal years ago for an ebay purchase, but now I rarely use ebay. Several online services I use will ONLY accept paypal, so I'm glad I have an account.

Unsure about this and how its meant.

Future payments will be drawn from your PayPal balance. If your balance does not cover the payments, you authorise PayPal to deduct the amount from Visa/Delta/Electron.

I have no problem with the first part as i will not be putting any money into the paypal balance.

i just not sure about them being allowed to deduct the amount from card as may card does not have any money in either, i just use my current account to pay my visa bills when they come in.

Although they deduct the amount from my visa card do they mean that my card will billed for the amount but still just arrive on my account bill for me to pay when the bill statement arrives to my house

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The charge from Paypal will be like any other charge on your credit card without you having to be standing at the checkout line of your favorite store, swiping the card, and having to sign the authorization slip when it prints out.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

ah ok thanks for the Clarification.

Ok i got 4 accounts to pay for.

#1. It doesn't recognize my name/password (yes I have it correct I use it to log into the game all the time).

#2. It took and i signed up for a 6 month gifted using my CC (I selected no pay pal account and it went to where I filled in name city state, did not see anything about taking and giving back 1.50.

#3. When I went to do this one, it says I cannot use same CC to pay for this. It wants my bank account info. I do not want it taken out of my bank. I want it charged on my CC. I only have one CC so how do I pay for account 3 and 4 (and 1 once i get it recognized)?

Smaug

Your life would be exponentially easier if you created a Paypal account, then went in the Horizons facility, selected the wanted subscription and be taken in the Paypal site.

There you'd just log in (the Horizons site would probably bring you there 4 times) and it'd be all done, on one CC and no further hassles.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post

#1. It doesn't recognize my name/password (yes I have it correct I use it to log into the game all the time).

#2. It took and i signed up for a 6 month gifted using my CC (I selected no pay pal account and it went to where I filled in name city state, did not see anything about taking and giving back 1.50.

#3. When I went to do this one, it says I cannot use same CC to pay for this. It wants my bank account info. I do not want it taken out of my bank. I want it charged on my CC. I only have one CC so how do I pay for account 3 and 4 (and 1 once i get it recognized)?

Smaug
    It looks like you created two pay pal accounts using the same credit card. By doing this, you froze the other credit card. To fix this, you need to cancel the new account you created. First remove the card from the second account. Then close it. Since its on a weekend, you will have to wait til monday or so, pay pal said it would or could take 5 business days to receive on your bank card, a four digit number, which you would enter into your main pay pal account.

Ours came in, on tuesday, after the holiday on the monday.

Then follow vakrohs advice to set up your account within horizons, which leads you to your pay pal account.

You cannot have more than one pay pal account per the same person. IF you do, you cannot use sensitive information from one to the other. And thats why you have to enter the routing number etc, to prove you are the owner of said credit card. Hope I made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post

Smaug
    It looks like you created two pay pal accounts using the same credit card. By doing this, you froze the other credit card. To fix this, you need to cancel the new account you created. First remove the card from the second account. Then close it. Since its on a weekend, you will have to wait til monday or so, pay pal said it would or could take 5 business days to receive on your bank card statement, a four digit number, which you would enter into your main pay pal account.

Ours came in, on tuesday, after the holiday on the monday.

Then follow vakrohs advice to set up your account within horizons, which leads you to your pay pal account.

You cannot have more than one pay pal account per the same person. IF you do, you cannot use sensitive information from one to the other. And thats why you have to enter the routing number etc, to prove you are the owner of said credit card. Hope I made sense.

Have tried paypal a few times in the past. nothing but trouble with billings that i did not do from all over the world. will not even think about useing it again

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Have tried paypal a few times in the past. nothing but trouble with billings that i did not do from all over the world. will not even think about useing it again
    Was this paypal, or did you respond to a phishing email? It isn't paypal's fault if you email your CC information or paypal account/password to someone in Russia.

My parents did this with their amazon account and had to cancel their credit card and do all sorts of stuff. It sucked, but it wasn't amazon's fault. Amazon was very helpful in telling them exactly what they need to do. It was their own fault for not thinking before they acted.

It was kinda funny cause my mom IMed me while I was AFK and said "I got this email from amazon saying my purchase needed to be confirmed" (she was buying a book we'd previously discussed). And when I got back to the keyboard I instantly went ARRRRGH DON'T SEND IN YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION FROM AN EMAIL LINK!!! But they'd already done it. Ah well.

Thumbs down Re: Paypal for dummies

I still have problems with paypal not how it works. No becaus of ->

Am 22.09.2007, 02:09 Uhr, schrieb <""PayPal Inc."<service"@paypal.com>>:
    > Dear PayPal valued account holder,
    >
    > We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in your PayPal account
    > from a
    > foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was
    > hijacked
    > by a third party without your authorization.
    > If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the log in
    > attempts may
    > have initiated by you.
    >
    > However if you are the rightful holder of the account, click on the link
    > below
    > and submit, as we try to verify your account.
    >
    > Please click here to login into your PayPal account and then fill in the
    > required informations. This is required for us to continue to offer you
    > a safe
    > and risk free environment.
    >
    > The log in attempt was made from:
    >
    > IP address: 128.232.110.18
    > ISP host: shalmaneser1.al.cl.cam.ac.uk
    >
    > If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to
    > temporally
    > suspend your account.
    > We ask that you allow at least 48hrs for the case to be investigated and
    > we
    > strongly recommend not making any changes to your account in that time.
    >
    > * Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received.
    >
    > Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account.
    >
    > Copyright © 1999 - 2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.

IF and i say IF you click on the link for the form the you get a form, outside US can not fill in we dont have the securitynumber in this form like asked.
    I would not tell the maidenname of my mother ( why what has this to doe witch my acc....

Why we can can not pay directly with a creditcart thats so simple, it would also be less expensive for the crow.

Yes i have used Paypal before, never made a acc. there because i know why.
    The money can be denied till after 6 month no mater what way you chose if its via creditcart.

keeping a acc. there for this dont think so. A couple of payments work fine and somewhen ....

Exclamation Re: Paypal for dummies

This is one of hundreds of false Paypal forged emails.
    They want you to go to a false site "painted" like Paypal so they can grab your password and rob your real money in the real Paypal.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER reply to this stuff nor fill in anything (am I clear?).

In doubt, just go to the Paypal site yourself, if there's any issue, you'll read it very clearly in the real site the second you log in.

The real Paypal will never ever ask you for doing anything with your user name and password.

Last but not least, similar fake emails will arrive you from fake Visa, fake banks, fake everything.
    They show links with the correct web site but there's hacking code / links under it that will redirect you in a false site with copied graphics and a log in screen where they grab your data, later on to enter in the real bank and rob all your money.

Trash them all, you can always phone them and learn what's up.
    Last edited by Vahrokh; September 22nd, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

That looks like a phishing email to me. Never fill out your information by clicking a link in an email. They can be spoofed to look very genuine. Go directly to www.paypal.com and login. Any account alerts should be given to you after you log in. If there aren't any alerts, there aren't any problems.

The phishing problem is not Paypal's fault. The same as it isn't Ebay's fault, or the banking industry. Phishers target popular websites because they know people will click links and fill out information without verifying anything or even double checking that the URL in the browser matches. They prey on user ignorance.

Nor is it the fault of governments, or department stores, or insurance companies, or anyone else who is the victim of a scammer. These companies and government agencies are (in this case) as much of a victim as the person who receives the fake email.

These phishing emails have now progressed to the point that any significant organization with an online presence is having to deal with them. It *use* to be just amazon and ebay and a few large banks (and their customers) that had to deal with this kind of trash, but now it is everyone.

"Dear PayPal valued account holder,"

As per PayPal's site, this is definately a phishing mail, PayPal states that they will address u by ur full name.

Pretty much why I read every link on the site first, before I got an account.

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

hello all i am a new player and decided to continue after my 2 weeks trial. This morning, my father and me we got to the subscription screen, filled up the part : I have no paypal account with his credit card number and all, and at the end, there was a screen: For your new paypal account: enter e-mail and password. My dad was really angry because he did not want a paypal account but he had to create one: a paypal account with HIS name and credit card number but MY e-mail and password.

I thought we weren't OBLIGED to have a paypal account for this game!

(by the way, really great game )

I agree that PayPal is rather misleading when you click that "I have no PayPal account". It makes you think that you can somehow process payments without an account, not that one will be created for you automatically. Note, though, that this is a PayPal thing, not a Virtrium thing.

And if you, or your dad, wants, you can send payment through regular mail for future months and cancel the PayPal account. It's not quite as easy because you need to remember a week or two in advance of the monthly billing to send a check in order to prevent interruption of service, but it is an option.

And thank you for the compliment. We think so too. Welcome to Istaria.

well you're welcome anyway I think we'll keep the paypal account because even if my father's credit card number is in there, he believes in me (at least i think ) and he knows that i won't buy stuff online with this account

or maybe he just didnt realize he'd created an account for me

anyway the name's BlueFire Mertandel, hope to see you in game
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

If you dad did not believe in you, he could create the account without you seeing. The CC number will never be (fully) shown again if nothing changed since the last time I used Paypal.

oh i have a question if I cancel my subscription (1 month automatic renewal), will it last until the end of the month, then will not renew and disappear, or will it immediately disappear and I'll have to pay again to be able to play?
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Thread Information