Thread: Creating a new character for "newbie" crafting

Default Creating a new character for "newbie" crafting

Right, with the influx of new players, I've finally decided to go and do it. I'm creating a level 1 biped, and I'm going to put a good portion of the focus on crafting on that character. This is mainly due to the fact no one tends to do much crafting for new players. Yes I know, all anyone has to do is ask, but sometimes there aren't many people on, or people aren't too keen on what they see as "begging" - so, I'm going to filter some funds down from my dragon main and get a character on Order specifically for crafting items to sell at prices people can actually afford - I'll need some feedback on pricing as I figured I could go from 50c for the lowest items to 150c to the highest.

I'll put the things on the New Trismus consigner, and once I have the character made (as s/he isn't made yet), I'll post the name as well. If you're in need of something, are a newly starting player and there's something you can't find, you can post here. If I can't get it for you, chances are someone who can will be reading this and can help you out if I don't have it.

In future, I'll get said crafter ready to work on plots as well but I'm not sure what direction to take it, and it will be a while.

Progress may be slow and I may not be able to replace your items to the next tier as I'll be focussing solely on "newbie" items and equipment, but again, if I can't do it, chances are I know someone who can.

The only bugger about this plan is there's no communal "planning pot" for people to donate coin into for unfinished projects or artifacts or something, as I'd prefer to do that with the money I make for this lark rather than lining my pockets with it, but I'm hopelessly quixotic like that.

Anyway, if you're in need, keep an eye on the New Trismus consigners; I'm going to start with outfitter and get the cloth and leather armour going, and then we'll see how I manage - I've got another character knocking about with other skills which I may also press into service.

Stay tuned!

Default Re: Creating a new character for "newbie" crafting

Very nice to see someone doing something like this. Thank you for your efforts.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Right, character has been created, called Naril Vitherix. I'm going outfitter as there seems a woeful amount of armour at the moment, and I'll also be making some raw resources for other people to level or buy. I'm trying to keep prices low, as I've said.

One thing I can't seem to find (and this may have changed since I last played), is the patterns for the cargo armour. Was that stuff removed at some point as far as making patterns? Is anyone capable of making it? The stuff's impossible to find and would be very useful to start out (which I know is probably an invitation for someone to make loads of it for ludicrous prices, but thought I'd say it anyway).

So, in the works! I'm using my dragon as a cash cow at the moment to help further the crafting on this character so it's going slow, but I should have level 10 crafting and be able to start making some decent armour shortly.

With this said...my dragon seems to be collecting spells at the moment. Since everyone and their mum seems to be playing a dragon right now, I'm not going to worry so much about making armour, but spells I will attempt to keep up on. Yesterday I managed to score the Swift Feet buffspell off a named - and I never see that particular spell anywhere, so if you're a new biped and you're tired of going slow, keep an eye on the merchants. Again, I'm going to be pricing those spells as low as I can, as the point for me right now is to get people kitted up, not to hard as much cash as I possibly can; I've got no wild hair to get a lair or anything as they don't seem to do much.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Cargo armors are made by tinkers, as are cargo disks.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Ah, right! Thought it had changed, but it's been an age. In any event, I don't have that covered, and the one thing I note is impossible to find is tinker items. If any brave soul wants to have a go at making some things, I'll help with the material gathering - I could use a set myself, but I know we could do with having some on the consigner for other folks as well.

Just give a shout when I'm next in!

Vhazshyn has the Beginner Cargo Boots formula if you need it.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Ok, I've pulled a old jeweler character out of the mothballs and started her making some basic power/dex jewelry, it's just bronze but as I've only seen armour stuff on offer, I thought I'd get started on it. I'm also teching the rings, so if any new players are really stuck and need an edge, have a look on the New Trismus consigner.

Also trying to get the outfitter stuff going, though I note there's several other players who are getting hip to making items for new players (whoohoo! The economy stirs!) and I salute them. I'm not looking to undercut them if they're already supplying products, so I'll try and fill in the gaps.

From what I'm seeing, there's still a desperate need for cargo gear - if any kind tinkerer would be willing to have a go at making some Tier 1 cargo items (namely the clothing sets, there's loads of disks), then I'll do my best to gather everything I can for you and get it to you free gratis, as I know it's probably a royal pain for you to get that lowbie stuff yourself.

Onward and upward!

Thread Information