Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paying others' billing

Default paying others' billing

any ETA for being able to pay up someone else's account for them?

Default Re: paying others' billing

I wrote a ticket, concerning this- no answer yet

We can't provide a specific date when this feature will be released, but we understand that it is important. We've got our hands full with the next delta, updates to the client, plot reclamation, a few more updates to the web site - as well as dealing with quite a few support tickets as we help consolidate accounts and answer questions about billing.

This feature is in the pipe and we'll update when we've cleared our plate a bit.

Horizons CS

... and what seemed to be chaos having a meltdown from people actually playing on it. Thanks for getting it back up =)

ok, but there are some people whose accounts are in danger of not being reactivated before the deadline because they can't pay but others are willing..

We had a quick discussion and our knee jerk reaction is that if we don't get the "subscription code" system online before auctions start, we'll allow you to purchase a "Buddy Subscription" which will be for a fixed term and we'll manually apply that subscription to your friend.

Basically, we'll do everything we can to make sure that no plot is reclaimed before its time. We're not looking to be draconian and will make every attempt to be fair and reasonable.

Horizons CS

(We have created another mail box for those who have dispute. Send your accusations and complaints to [email protected])

You guys are AWESOME
    Now go to sleep

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

I need mine and Sabast's account linked so his can get paid!

Helllp.. or someone from Semper Fidelis grab his plot before he loses it

Have you put in a ticket? You can have multiple tickets under one log-in if that is what your looking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    We had a quick discussion and our knee jerk reaction is that if we don't get the "subscription code" system online before auctions start, we'll allow you to purchase a "Buddy Subscription" which will be for a fixed term and we'll manually apply that subscription to your friend.
    ok, but what about people who should be getting grandfathered account prices? what will the buddy account price be?

Basically, we'll do everything we can to make sure that no plot is reclaimed before its time. We're not looking to be draconian and will make every attempt to be fair and reasonable.
    when is the next plot reclamation due?

bump. deadline is friday and my friend still can't afford to pay and i still want to... but still can't.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin View Post
    bump. deadline is friday and my friend still can't afford to pay and i still want to... but still can't.
    We're grinding to get this done as soon as possible. If needed, we'll extend out the vouchers a few days if it's not ready before Friday.

Horizons CS

If the person you want to help pay has a paypal account, you can just send them money that way and they can pay.

the problem is they can't set up a paypal account because they don't have a bank account.

I don't think you have to have a bank account to have a paypal account. Just an email address. I could be wrong, though.

I don't think you have to have a bank account to have a paypal account. Just an email address. I could be wrong, though
    I have a Paypal account since many years, only tied to the credit card.

But I can see the situation changing if you want to transfer money TO a paypal account.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

i'm pretty sure you need either a credit card or a bank account, and this person has neither. yes, i realise how uncommon a situation this is...

Do the mail a check option directly to them? They gave the address and said it would take a while longer but you have that option. I am sure if you PM them the fact you are throwing a check in the mail that when they get it see the post dated to see it is true they would give him the grandfathered sub.

Can you use a pre-paid creditcard to set up a paypal-account? If so, maybe that would be an option?
    Or, if you have more then one email-address, you yourself could make another paypal-account, seperate from your own regular one, and use that one for your friends? (meanwhile they can put a tenner or whatever on the postbox to you, paying by snailmail, or pay when you meet up)?
    (Prepaid CC's aren't obtainable in every country though; and afaik the mail-check option is only for US so, if that is the case, would also be no help if you live outside there).

Can you use a pre-paid creditcard to set up a paypal-account? If so, maybe that would be an option?
    You can as long as this credit card is "compatible" aka of a recognized "circuit" by Paypal.

I.e. if you pre-paid is compatible with Visa or Master Card, you are set. You can see the recognized credit card "brands" when subscribing a new Paypal account.

Or, if you have more then one email-address, you yourself could make another paypal-account, seperate from your own regular one, and use that one for your friends? (meanwhile they can put a tenner or whatever on the postbox to you, paying by snailmail, or pay when you meet up)?
    You can.
    The "only" restrictions on Paypal I know are:

- Every Paypal account is uniquely bound to an unique e-mail address across the whole system.

- Every Paypal account is uniquely bound to an unique credit card number across the whole system.

You may not, i.e. just have two mail addresses pointing to the same credit card.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information