Thread: my choice to have lightening or not

Exclamation my choice to have lightening or not

i don't know about the rest of u but for me to go hunt in ED or WD or anywhere that there is that bright lightening i would appreciate a way to turn that off (as others have talked about a way to turn off colors that disturb them) since it makes it hard to hunt with that flashing going on all the time....only time i go to those places is when i HAVE to go for a quest and i know there is good xp and alot of the comps r in those areas but i just have to go without since i cant handle that flashing. and that type of flashing can also set off someone that has epilepsy, i have a friend that cant play because of it. i know that some type of global setting can be added since Asheron's Call, my first mmo, was able to do so.

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

Default Re: my choice to have lightening or not

/setpref environmentsystemlightingsystemoff true
    /setpref environmentsystem false
    restart horizons
    you will be doomed to forever adventure in a realm with no sky, but it will remove the lightning.

*edit* you can reset these commands for everyday adventuring, but enable them when you are specifically going to hunt in that environment.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

ty and ill remember that lol no sky is bette than lightening killing my vision which isnt very good to begin with.

Blight ---- Anne Dryad 188 rating (Main character in Blight)
    Blight --- Annyia 100/61/6 Helian Dragon
    MissAna_Chaos Human in Blight Dedicated player since Beta!!!!!

My opinion is it may be beneficial to those who are prone to seizures to have an option to remove lightning. But I also think that those people may avoid video games, too...

I've been playing with those settings for years now and have become quite accustomed to the constant black sky. When I first made this change, it also made my system run much faster and smoother.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Thread Information