Thread: Filter Request: Forced Text Colors

Starna

Default Filter Request: Forced Text Colors

This is a request on behalf of my eyes and sanity, for the client to have a filter for those who wish to turn it on, to block out these 'forced colors' on text output some people like to use. By using special 'chat prefix' code, other players get to override my own settings for color on incoming chats, and I for one find this rude and offensive. Sorry to those who like it, but without a way to choose NOT to see them, having your colors forced on me, overriding my settings, is not good.

Please consider this request. My guildmates recently learned of this trick, and now it is becoming common there... and if I cannot filter this out (the clashing colors is straining my eyes -badly-, I have my colors set as I want to see them for a reason), I may need to LEAVE them despite they otherwise being great peoples. Or put individuals on ignore... almost as bad.

I emphatically agree. This was brought up in another thread talking about the color tags, but I don't think we ever got a TG reply there. I have myself been on the verge of leaving a guild due to rampant colors, and I flat out refuse groups using it.

Either way, an option to filter out user-made color codes either per channel, tab, window or globally is very much needed.

Another less desirable option would be removing the player usage of color codes completely... This would help all us who are completely bugged by these colors and (depending on situation) color blind people, but would remove the fun of colors for those who like it.

As a side note to players using custom colors in chats:
    Please don't, at least not until this option is implemented, if ever. For various reasons it disturbs some players and detracts from their enjoyment of the game. In the case of color blind people, it may even make your text completely unreadable depending on the circumstances. I know it is not your intention, but it does come across as somewhat rude and inconsiderate.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

I absolutely hate the use of colours in chat, I have my colours set up the way I want them for a reason, and don't like it at all when people just start shouting out and using anything they feel like.
    Not to mention that all my UI is 100% transparent, and I have chosen colours so I can read them with that in mind.

Can I get a great big Alleluia Amen!! (It is Sunday, after all.)

I would love to see this happen as well. Got to be one of the most annoying things I've ever seen in Horizons that people can have gross pink and purple chat causing my eyes to scream "stop the pain".

Note to self: Poke Velea in the side... IN PINK!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Pink is such a girly color.

Oh, wait, I'm a girl. Pink is nice.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13585

You mean... that one...

<snickers>
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Add my 'aye' to this as well. I have a different colour set for almost everything, from various channels to different combat feedbacks. I find it really annoying when someone else forces their colour preference on to me.

The worst instance of this is group chat. What makes one person think that what they have to say is so important that it has to stand out from what everyone else has to say?
    Last edited by Rhyssa; June 26th, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Add me to the list of people that would like to see this or an option to control dymnamic colors (to see all) or static colors (those defined by the player in their chat settings).
    Last edited by Mearis; June 26th, 2006 at 01:43 PM.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

I don't object that much to the colors - most of the time. However, I'd like to see this option added as well, just because I like having lots of options. :-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

At the very least give us the option to force our chat/feedback text into game default the player adopted coloring while nice for them can be depending on my current location either impossible to see or painful.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Starna... Ill remove my text color this evening when I login.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Sorry Starna. I'll tell the puma to fix her chat. I'm sure she won't pout.....much.

Default Re: Filter Request: Forced Text Colors

Any of you beta tested Immortals Online? I tried it for a week and my eyes began to hurt bad from reading all the colored chat people use in that game. The chat window is 100% transparent so if someone picks grass green or sky blue your in for a challenge reading it. I can understand how this isn't a fun thing to look at. Sometimes it's fun to toy around with but i would never use it to talk to people.

Please, I agree, especially in the public channels. I have my background set so that I can easily read what's typed. I get annoyed when someone overrides my settings and types in some color that I have to strain to try and read.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Please, I agree, especially in the public channels. I have my background set so that I can easily read what's typed. I get annoyed when someone overrides my settings and types in some color that I have to strain to try and read.
    /votes on this one too.

On Chaos, a guy plainly said he uses the coloring in the chat just to bug people. Said it was an undocumented 'feature'.

My first /ignore, ever.

Who was that? Sounds like they should be on more than one ignore list.

Thread Information