Thread: Gargh!

Default Gargh!

I need to let off my steam of moving, so please do not mind me. This is more fun than talking to a counselor, which I have no idea where to find anyways in this new city.

So as we know I moved. What we don't know is I have a mental condition that makes me freak out over big changes and not able to convince myself everything is fine sometimes. So for the past week and three days I have been running on a little less then 3 to 5 hours a day in sleep where I know I am in need of 8 to 10 to get by. Got a mattress pad from ikea which alleviated the problem a little and boosted it to 6, but the extra hours gained usually are in the time slot around 8 to 12 pm when by all means I should be up and walking around. Curses. I wake up every morning expecting to see my old room and feel weirded out when it isn't.

Ikea in Coquitlam, BC, Canada, is a bloody nightmare. Except $1 breakfasts, but thats only a minor distraction... back on topic! THERE ARE KIDS EVERYWHERE! AHHH! Its a nightmare, all of them scream, or trip me, or purposely stick their leg out in front hoping to trip me, or just get in the way (And trip me). People need to control their little brats when they go outside, I always think of them as animals that need a leash or something because they are so badly behaved often. And then I had to fork out four times as much money for the mat pad thing because they didn't have the cheap same kind I have at home. My pockets hurt and it took an entire hour or two for something that should have taken 15 minutes, all in the name of getting some sleep. D:

The house has a cat but she sleeps 25 hours a day and doesn't care about my pet birds, I swear, this cat is a mutant or something, looked at them for a minute straight, then casually walked away. The birds in their normal fashion always play the I drop it and you clean it up game, but this is no surprise that I am in constant daily pursuit of the wood shavings and remains of sunflower seeds etc. Snakey somehow popped his cage lid off while I was playing wow casually, and proceeded to climb up the bulliten board next to his cage in a matrix-like feat of defying gravity and every law of physics I know of. Then promptly pulled out every tack peg and made me have to post all my pictures up again. So I put a padlock on it. He left me a brown slimy pellet type gift as a thank you.

Pulled out the portable radiator because its cold, but hope between that and my mini fridge where I store snake food I am hoping I don't cause breakers to pop. Enough said.

The sword forge down the road which I was excited about to see when I came over... went out of business shortly before I did.

The bus drivers in vancouver/burnaby can be real dickheads in 100% of my 4 bus rides. Also in 100% of my bus rides I discovered that the karma gods always have some horridly reaking elderly individual stand or sit next to me, no matter how many times I move seats or relocate standing spaces.

No matter how many starbucks I went to back home, they would put my resume in the paper shredder. No matter how many starbucks I go to here, they interview me on the spot and give me a free coffee. <3

I have yet to see my school where I hope to study game art & design for the full 2 year term. But I dont want to see the bill for it to pay back to government student loan office. -_-; 20k/year almost. Yeah. Pain.

I am well fed by the house owner, but dinner cant have anything cheesy because room mate #2 doesnt like cheese. House owner aka Room mate #1 agrees with me: *CRY*

I let my mom pack my gamecube and my super nintendo. Now, in this day and age, gamecube is very easy to find and buy things for, not a big deal. But super nintendo goods and wares are almost irreplacable antiques in limited supply. You also would think your mom would at least figure out after you tell her what to pack that said items require other said equipment to work. Regardless, she packed my gamecube without any controllers, and my super nintendo is lacking a power supply. I can assure you when I was itching to rush super metroid in 30 minutes to 45 minutes as a "I just moved and am stressed out" therapy and had to then change plan to gamecube, I was unhappy. So I looked in gamecube, and found I couldn't do that either. I was calling long distance promptly, needless to say, and made sure she fedexed my stress relief tools' tools...

The call went something like trying to talk to a monkey typing on a type writer distracted by something shiny.

lastly, I wanted to say this for a while, but birds = its all fun and games till someone gets pooed on. Unless someone is the carpet, which nobody cares about. O_o

Default Re: Gargh!

I can sympathize. I moved across country last fall, and I don't deal well with change, either. It took me six months to comfortably adjust to the new place, and then three months after that I get evicted for some BS reason. Now, roughly 90% of my stuff's in storage since I had to move into what amounts to a shoebox, and I don't know how much of it is broken due to improper packing during the rush of moving out.

Good times, good times.

Oh, and more turmoil is added as my cat's back home (she doesn't travel well, and we were only supposed to be gone for a week), the car broke down during a family reunion in the state I used to live in, and an upcoming lawsuit where I'm suing my ex-landlady.

If I weren't already prone to depression (my therapist mentions weekly that she's concerned I'm doing worse since she started monitoring my mental well-being) I'd consider drinking some alcohol to "calm my nerves". Y'know... If I drank...

Why are you visiting Starbucks in Canada?

Try Tim Horton's!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Why are you visiting Starbucks in Canada?

Try Tim Horton's!
    I used to work as a baker in a tim hortons some time back where the manager let the working employees have free tea, coffee, donuts, and whatnot because he was awesome. I think I'm all tim hortoned out and several pounds heavier.
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; September 7th, 2007 at 06:01 AM.

Hey RuneDragon you live near me!. Heh and I though HZ players were few and far between. I live in Richmond and I agree that Ikea Coquitlem is a royal pain. It's huge too...the Ikea here in Richmond is far more manageable. It's a lot smaller and there seem to be less childen. Just as many things though...

Anyhow give me a shout sometime if you need help out here. Kaeothaun and I would be glad to help you out. Heh and if you want something with cheese we can even cook for you. :P
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, if it all comes down to it, you can always threaten roomie #2 with a duel by mozzarella sticks! Good grief, get that boy a hamburger and be done with it. You and roomie #1 load up on Macncheese one night (and don't forget the taco sauce). Or if #2 really REALLY freaks out, spaghetti's always good. You load up on parm, shredded mozz, shredded provolone, and have this huge white mound with a little red sauce sticking out underneath.

There are ALWAYS ways to make everyone happy.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Going away for school is always stressful, whether you think it is going to be an issue beforehand or not.

And obviously, the video game crisis is more than enough reason to run home and get the proper power supplies and controllers! Run!! Like the wind!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

OOOO, I just thought of a wonderful idea.

For those late night snacks, say, 3:28 in the morning, celery sticks stuffed with CREAM CHEESE!

Or, keep a bottle of Cheese Whiz around and, well, upend one from time to time.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    The bus drivers in vancouver/burnaby can be real dickheads in 100% of my 4 bus rides. Also in 100% of my bus rides I discovered that the karma gods always have some horridly reaking elderly individual stand or sit next to me, no matter how many times I move seats or relocate standing spaces.
    AH HA! People always tell me, "why don't you just take the bus?" I CAN'T! It is full of drunks, smelly people, old people (often all three at once:P), street bums and, worst of all, university freshman, who are smelly and drunk, but not old (usually). Is it like this everywhere or is this just one of those Canada things? I refuse to take the bus now. Ever.

And yeah, Tim Horton's gets old after a while.

Oh, and where did you use to live before you moved to where you are now?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    AH HA! People always tell me, "why don't you just take the bus?" I CAN'T! It is full of drunks, smelly people, old people (often all three at once:P), street bums and, worst of all, university freshman, who are smelly and drunk, but not old (usually). Is it like this everywhere or is this just one of those Canada things?
    It's not. Here in France, we also have such problems in bus, and in addition if you're a girl, young scarying people always ask you to do dirty things.

Oh, and where did you use to live before you moved to where you are now?
    I live in burnaby now, and drove all the way from my hometown of calgary, alberta with my mom, two birds, and a snake. The ride was um.. interesting.

And C'gan, I love the way you think.

Busses are aways full of scary people. In Philadephia it varies by route, stop, and line. The busses are filled with old people, screaming schoolkinds playing hooky, drunk guys. The el is filled with homeless people and guys selling ilttle vials of body oil or incense. The Regional rail is filled with predominantly women going to and from work, all who get dropped off at the train station by men. Them and police officers heading to court.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

And yeah, Tim Horton's gets old after a while.
    yeech, i hate tim hortons. worst sandwiches and donuts ever, and canned soup. i prefer quizno's.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Actually, the soup comes as a dried powder in sealed packages. I had to cut them open and add a set amount of water and then set them on the soup pot machine thing to cook for four hours before they could be served... The chili comes pre-made, frozen, in a bag.

Just stay away from anything chocolate at Tim's. Their chocolate has a nasty metalic artificial taste. And those newish triple chocolate doughnuts are NASTY. I like the Sour Cream doughnuts and Timbits though. I had the chili there once. It tasted like the stuff you'd get out of a can. Not horrible, but nothing you couldn't buy for 1/4 the price at a grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    Hey RuneDragon you live near me!. Heh and I though HZ players were few and far between. I live in Richmond and I agree that Ikea Coquitlem is a royal pain. It's huge too...the Ikea here in Richmond is far more manageable. It's a lot smaller and there seem to be less childen. Just as many things though...

Anyhow give me a shout sometime if you need help out here. Kaeothaun and I would be glad to help you out. Heh and if you want something with cheese we can even cook for you. :P
    D'oh! I was in Richmond (I assume BC) about a week and a half ago! Knew I should have posted something here...

Rakku

Thread Information