Thread: Odd Folder name inside horizons.

Pegis Zeph

Default Odd Folder name inside horizons.

I was poking around inside Horizons, maintaining some map files and the name of a particular folder caught my eye.

The folder is found at C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\prefs

Look carefully at the names of the folders located there. Anyone noticing this will notice the same thing I did. This is not acceptable. I'm putting in a ticket on this, but I'd like to know right away if I can delete this folder.

I'd like someone to check on their machine and let me know if this is just a fluke or if we have something more serious here.

Please....DO NOT POST the folder name if you notice this.

Radzy

Default Re: Odd Folder name inside horizons.

Yes, each of those folders within your prefs folder desginates the character and world for each of your characters.

Each of your preferences for those characters are stored here for many various reasons, primarily your window configurations for each of your characters, your hotkey set ups and other client-side preferences. Some of the files you look at will be the graphics icons for the hotkey bars.

If you delete those folders than Horizons will re-create those folders when you try to log into the world and you will have to re-establish your preferences.

Other than your preferences, nothing else is stored in those folders. There is no security information located in any of those files, just in case you were wondering that.

Britt Tigahare

The only thing I saw in that folder were the names of my characters' folders and a local folder. Is there another folder that you see in there?

Aeryal

Are you talking about a folder that instead of looking like (character)_(server) it looks like (password)_(long string of letters and numbers) ? I Had that happen with one account that also has billing screwups. I reported it but never really got a satisfactory response. Maybe if it haappens to more they can figure it out.
    Aeryal

Pegis Zeph

Bingo!- the second one, imagine my suprise. I deleted the folder, seems no harm done, so far has not been recreated.

I'll keep an eye out for ticket resolution and thanks for the post Aeryal - I'll watch for a billing error on my statements.

Thread Information