Thread: Cow Sounds

Default Cow Sounds

Alright...I've checked the Task Master, done Virus, malware, and spyware scans...

Does anyone else get "mooing" sounds occasionally when they use the forums?

I can't find anything suspicious going on in the background, but would like some piece of mind.

Thanks.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Cow Sounds

um no. Seriously I get no sound at all if I'm not playing anything else just from browsing forums.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

No sound here.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

No sound here... then again, I don't have the ability to play embedded sounds enabled.

*eyes kumu*

Do you get it every time you visit a specific thread? If so, what thread?
    Do you get it even when not viewing the forums? How about when you're not even using a web browser?

Also, some ISPs are inserting ads into the http streams with html content. Bad bad practice. Maybe yours is one of them. There is a study being done by University of Washington and ICSI with more information here: http://happyblimp.com (yes, funny domain name, but there's a reason for that)

Note: The page at the above URL fetches several pages from test servers and verifies their integrity using javascript. There is nothing dangerous about this.

Note 2: Feel free to visit the above url even if you're not experiencing mooing. You're helping out with their research!

Wow Steelclaw. That's bad. I hope that behaviour doesn't spread to other ISPs. So far mine looks to be clean.

clean ISP here as well.. and no mooing sounds for me either..

but yeah, i'm wondering about Kumu as well.... *raises an eyebrow*

It could be worse. Back when I first started playing Creatures, I'd occasionally get sounds from it playing when I wasn't running the program. Usually the echos of the sounds the creatures make, that sound when they're in a cave that happens to be in the game.

Another freaky thing would be the sound bit that plays whenever a villager dies in Black & White. Can you imagine, instead of a cow mooing, you heard someone whisper "Death"?

So cheer up. It could be much more disturbing than a cow mooing.

huh... Whysp that's also happened to me once. I can't remember what program it was (or even if it was a game), but the sounds of the program carried on intermittently after it was closed. This was a while ago, but it was with WinXP, so maybe it is possible that is what is happening to Aaelefein too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    Alright...I've checked the Task Master, done Virus, malware, and spyware scans...

Does anyone else get "mooing" sounds occasionally when they use the forums?

I can't find anything suspicious going on in the background, but would like some piece of mind.

Thanks.

Aaelefein

You don't, by any chance, live on a farm do you? ;-)

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Well...figured it out...finally...and now I feel kinda silly over the whole thing.

No, it didn't happen anywhere else...only when I clicked on forum threads here in Horizons. No other programs or web-pages caused it...so that in and of itself is still very strange.

The cause? After cranking up the volume to try and get a clearer sound...

Well...the head unit for my shelf stero system sits above and behind my monitor, right between the two speakers. It "grinds" every once and a while, though why it does it only when using the Horizon's forums is beyond me...

But the problem has been identified...if not rectified.

THanks for the input everyone...I appreciate it.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

no sounds, but my old system would show everyone as nekkid....

i kinda miss running thru dali and counting the 6pax........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information