Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 deadline for grandfather?

Default Re: 9/15 deadline for grandfather?

Ah the age old "Why is the Artist not working on programing a new client?" First there are is nothing saying they are not working the issue. As pointed out to some of us on another board there are not just 3 people working this. There are people from all facets from the old game working, They have just revealed the 3 best know names.
    Second where have they been up front and honest with anything they have told us what they are trying to do.
    Third I have only ever seen them saying they will look into it and do their best, I have yet to see time lines for anything, but when grandfathering is ending.
    Forth they have already said they will be giving email codes once they feel they have advanced the game to a stage that would interest old subscribers. Do you not think it would be the same for Unity players once they figure out what they are going to do? Maybe they see a way to create a third shard but have to get the US sub base built up first to afford the serves. But I guess you do not want to wait for that chance do you?
    Fifth I have yet to see them not trying to go out of their way to help people and not screw them over.

Personal I am sorry that another company screwed you over and that you have to wait for the new company get on it's feet and tackle one problem at a time, but honestly they do not have to do anything, But I do not see them as the kind of people that would stand by and not do anything. So maybe look at all the good they have done, no comparison to the last company, and calm down and give them some room and time.

Got taken care of today, thanks CS and Reyem!

Drev

I'd liek to sub using the grandfather method, however, I can't get HZ to run on my VISTA machine. Can't pay for something I can't play
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

don't know what to say, cauri, except that i use vista and get a very very intermittent connection, nevertheless, in the hopes and dreams of a vista patch in the very near future, i have subscribed to a year grandfather account.
    at least my plot is safe and once i know i can get on, i will more than get my 10 bucks a month out of this game!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Well I hope that there is an extension. I am still working through a problem getting it to work for me with Reyem and it doesn't look like it will be resolved by the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Forth they have already said they will be giving email codes once they feel they have advanced the game to a stage that would interest old subscribers. Do you not think it would be the same for Unity players once they figure out what they are going to do? Maybe they see a way to create a third shard but have to get the US sub base built up first to afford the serves. But I guess you do not want to wait for that chance do you?
    this i didnt read, but would be a solution.. as a matter of fact i waited a year, so im not impatient. there is a broad selection of other games out there, but if VI would be fair and give us unity players also this grandfatherd option for a limmited time after our chars can be brought back i would give it a try.

personally i would feel more for a merge then a new shard btw.

Same Still having issues/questions about accounts/billing and no answers thuss far. I definitly agree an extension might be good. im subscribing gifted anyway but my accounts are a mess after being literally free since EI took over (i refused to even pay them and for whatever reason never losy my sub). I hope this gets extended and/or everyone gets things ironed out. I certainly would not be to sure on returning if i lose lairs etc because im waiting on tickets or couldnt get the subscription i desire. So far love what im seeing but lets not slip here

Maybe PM HorizonsCS or he could answer here for the unity Players if it would be Better to Grandfather sub now or wait till what ever choice is made for unity be it merge, new shard or nothing at all for a Unity only Grandfathering. Maybe they could answer that at least even if they don't know whats going on. Maybe we will get lucky and he will pop in here and say. "Sub now" or hopefully, and I think more likely "Wait till the plans are laid for Unity and we will give Unity Players a Grandfather option then."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss View Post
    Well I hope that there is an extension. I am still working through a problem getting it to work for me with Reyem and it doesn't look like it will be resolved by the 15th.
    I'm in the same boat here, deadline being tomorrow and my account merge problem is not resolved.

By the way, why does the deadline fall on a Saturday? Is the billing department open on weekends?
    Kimo

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    I'm in the same boat here, deadline being tomorrow and my account merge problem is not resolved.

By the way, why does the deadline fall on a Saturday? Is the billing department open on weekends?
    Don't feel bad. Reyem just merged my regular account with all my characters on it into a brand new one after I had already paid for two subs on the account with my five characters on it. So now I have no characters and two subs on my main account, and no subs and five characters on an account for which their is no billing option.

I knew this whole thing with merging was a bad idea.

And, oh yeah, and the account I wanted merged with my main account is still sitting there with two characters and no subs. Bleah. Been trying to contact them through email and PM all day with No Luck! Looks like I don't get to play this weekend. Not to mention the possible ramifications with my two plots.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

I just re-applied ... was kind of a drag to go trough paypal 3 times, whish I could have made a "3x my choice". Oh well at least with paypal it looks like a secure payment methode.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    Don't feel bad. Reyem just merged my regular account with all my characters on it into a brand new one after I had already paid for two subs on the account with my five characters on it. So now I have no characters and two subs on my main account, and no subs and five characters on an account for which their is no billing option.

I knew this whole thing with merging was a bad idea.

And, oh yeah, and the account I wanted merged with my main account is still sitting there with two characters and no subs. Bleah. Been trying to contact them through email and PM all day with No Luck! Looks like I don't get to play this weekend. Not to mention the possible ramifications with my two plots.
    I know this isn't funny Landowyn, but for some reason I started laughing when I read this post. Sorry.

I am overjoyed I could bring you amusement.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

I moved the toons from my original main account to a sub login on that account. I then added sub to that account using the link provided here on the forums: https://accounts.istaria.com/member.php (wait for the login box to come up, then login using the account you actually need to add a sub too)

But you are right, the now empty main account has a link to billing, but the sub account does not. Just a few small glitches left to iron out....

Open a ticket and ask for the subs to be moved to the account you moved your toons too. They have been very helpful and fast when I've opened tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I moved the toons from my original main account to a sub login on that account. I then added sub to that account using the link provided here on the forums: https://accounts.istaria.com/member.php (wait for the login box to come up, then login using the account you actually need to add a sub too)

But you are right, the now empty main account has a link to billing, but the sub account does not. Just a few small glitches left to iron out....

Open a ticket and ask for the subs to be moved to the account you moved your toons too. They have been very helpful and fast when I've opened tickets.
    The account they moved my characters to has a different real life name and address than mine. I don't want my characters on an account that is not my original account.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Default Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    The account they moved my characters to has a different real life name and address than mine. I don't want my characters on an account that is not my original account.
    Reyem has resolved this issue, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

-Horizons CS

Default Re: Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Horizons CS View Post
    Reyem has resolved this issue, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

-Horizons CS
    Much appreciated. I now know what a weekend without Horizons is like and would not care to repeat the experience.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks

Another perfect example of the prompt results we are receiving from our new owners!!

Is there any doubt now?

j/k

Nice job VI and thank you for all you're doing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewood View Post
    Another perfect example of the prompt results we are receiving from our new owners!!

Is there any doubt now?

j/k

Nice job VI and thank you for all you're doing!!
    I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. I last spoke with Reyem on Saturday (through email) but I still havn't had my accounts merged or moved to the new site (https://accounts.istaria.com/member.php). Did I now miss the 9/15 deadline because my account issue wasn't resolved in time?

For clarification, my issue is that I do not use either of the email accounts I had when I signed up my two accounts with Horizons back at launch and need to have them converted to one I now use.
    Kimo

Well said Shirewood
    Lets hope they don,t burn themselves out.

P.s i like the sound of the interview with mmorpg
    All alone in the dark

Chaos..Morrtoc
    Unity..Brainbasher(MorrBasher on Chaos)

Thread Information