Thread: New to the game

Default New to the game

\This game totally intrigues me and I'm dying to try. It's currently downloading--could someone explain the grandfather subscription. I notice it has a plot or lair and the basic one does not, what does this mean?
    thankis

Default Re: New to the game

grandfather is for the players of old to use new players get to choose the others...grandfather lasts till the 15th tho

Thank you for the prompt reply but i'm still confused? What exactly does a plot? Do, must I get a grandfather subscription if I"ve never played before

A Plot or Lair is something you can buy in game with in game coin and that you can build on. Things like a house or work shops or storage of different types.

As to the grandfather or not. I am not sure if they are able to check that or not or if they even will check to see if you have an old account.

The Grandfather subscription is only going to be available until the 15th. If you decide to subscribe after that date, the only options will be Basic & Gifted.

A plot is a piece of land where you can build a home. You can also have crafting buildings, storage silos, decorations and so on if you want and you have a big enough plot. A lair is pretty much the same thing, only for dragons. Lairs can only be built by dragons, and some lairs are in places that can only be reached by flight. Lairs are underground and are a lot more complex to build than biped plots.

If you want to try the game and build up to owning a plot or lair, go with the Basic for now. Once you have the cash and some construction skills, then you can switch to Gifted and go house hunting.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

aye, you won't be able to choose a grandfathered sub as a new player - go for a basic sub to start with, see what you enjoy then upgrade to a gifted one if you fancy building, want more characters, or various other things
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

My understanding is that only folks who had an account before billing went live can get granfathered. All new players will have to decide between Basic and Gifted.

Welcome to the game, I love seeing new faces here.

As mentioned before if you are here to check things out I reccomend using the basic sub to look around. If at some point you wish to try building a house or a lair for yourself, you can upgrade to a new account. The three servers here are Blight, Order, and Chaos. Blight is the test server, Order is roleplay enforced, Chaos is the standard server. I have heard blight and chaos have very little for plot space left, but order has a lot of plot space to build with.

Thanks for all the responses so to clarify I can only build a house or lair if I have a gift subscription? I take it only dragon's have lairs?

That is correct only dragons can have lairs, if you have a dragon character the only construction he/she can do is on a lair, though the dragons can supply raw and semi-finished materials for the bipeds. Likewise the bipeds cannot do most construction on a lair, but could supply raw and semi-finished materials for a dragon lair. If memory serves me correctly anyway.

Drelohan
    Born on Spirit, living on Order

Quote Originally Posted by momodig View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so to clarify I can only build a house or lair if I have a gift subscription? I take it only dragon's have lairs?
    There's some confusion over the word "Gifted". This is a title that is part of game lore, and is being used with subscriptions to mean "premium" or "first rate". So a Basic Subscription only lets you play a few characters, but this provides newcomers with a less expensive way to try out the game. The Gifted Subscription has a higher monthly cost, but lets you create more characters and also gives you the ability to purchase one plot of land or one dragon lair. Once you own land in some form, you can build, or pay others to build, structures of various sorts.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

I may be wrong but Isn't New Account creation disabled until billing goes into effect? Or was it until they got the new billing site up? Not sure, hopefully you can make an account now, I may be thinking of the 15th when they start making people pay again. Any which way, Welcome to Istaria, make sure you join one of the New Player channels and ask questions if you don't understand anything. Have fun.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

https://accounts.istaria.com is the new billing site, so billing is active.

New account creation is active now as well at http://horizons.istaria.com . I just checked.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information