Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

Default Re: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

Recast timers on spells are now linked within each spell line.
    so they finally did it.

this change only worsens the
    huge gaps that exist some spell schools.

when leveling a cloth caster... chain casting your primary tier, and the one below it is almost required to kill with any sort of efficiency.

so a wizard can use energy strike of whatever tier they wish... and then what? wait another 15 seconds?

oh, and the ever plentiful conjurer class can throw an ice hammer... and then maybe ice crystals (which now breaks on dmg) while waiting for ice hammer to refresh again?

FFS, a sorcerer doesn't even have any damaging mind spells to even use!

This part of the system was not working as intended and so it was decided that it needed to be fixed in order to ensure proper gameplay balance and also to form the groundwork for what we hope will evolve into a slow, measured and steady revamp of the adventuring side of the game over time.
    Chain casting within a spell line is only imbalanced in the hands of mega-multiclass combos. It's been that way since day 1, and it should be the top priority in the "adventure revamp". too many classes (who really don't need spells) can get dozens of them them via multiclassing. And they arn't just extra fluff spells...they are heals, AoE, nukes, lifetaps, crowd control... etc. the bread and butter of the true casting classes.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Taking 4 years or how ever long its been to fix something and saying it isn't working the way it was intended, Im sorry is not acceptable to me. By leaving it as is for so long it became accepted and expected.

I know Vi is new ownership but 'they' are not new to the game. This is a change that should of happened long ago or not at all after all this time.

Its bad enough my dragon has limited number of spells and even before had to rely on melee some to kill but to make it even more melee dependent is wrong.

Since its been decided after the fact dragons need to rely even more on tooth n claw I guess I have no choice, I await for the addition of faction changing so I can get the bonuses to the way they have decided I need to fight instead of the way I'd prefer.

If I had wanted to be Lunus I would of went the Lunus path. I Know there is not that much of a differance in bonuses between the two but every little bit helps.

Whats next? Will it be decided you can't multi class certain classes togeather? Cause after all a warrior that can cast spells is still a mage in warrior clothing and that should be a no no. Or will it be decided nothing can be mastered so skills from one class can't be used with another that it's taboo?

I'm glad to see Vi is making an effort to improve the game but to change the way the game has been played from day one that hurts instead of helps isn't an improvement to me.

Everything looks great except for the linked spell timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Taking 4 years or how ever long its been to fix something and saying it isn't working the way it was intended, Im sorry is not acceptable to me. By leaving it as is for so long it became accepted and expected.

I know Vi is new ownership but 'they' are not new to the game. This is a change that should of happened long ago or not at all after all this time.

Its bad enough my dragon has limited number of spells and even before had to rely on melee some to kill but to make it even more melee dependent is wrong.

Since its been decided after the fact dragons need to rely even more on tooth n claw I guess I have no choice, I await for the addition of faction changing so I can get the bonuses to the way they have decided I need to fight instead of the way I'd prefer.

If I had wanted to be Lunus I would of went the Lunus path. I Know there is not that much of a differance in bonuses between the two but every little bit helps.

Whats next? Will it be decided you can't multi class certain classes togeather? Cause after all a warrior that can cast spells is still a mage in warrior clothing and that should be a no no. Or will it be decided nothing can be mastered so skills from one class can't be used with another that it's taboo?

I'm glad to see Vi is making an effort to improve the game but to change the way the game has been played from day one that hurts instead of helps isn't an improvement to me.
    I generally agree. Something as basic that's been in the game for so long has had other game elements defined with the casting timers as they were. I expect that to restore balance, timers and damages will have to be adjusted. On a change like this, I think it's much better for player relations to make at least some of the compensating adjustments first.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I guess you have never thought possible this is something that has been set up, and ready to be implemented, but were not allowed to before?
    The class system is a complete disaster, it needs fixing to be a successful game, instead of what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0 View Post
    I guess you have never thought possible this is something that has been set up, and ready to be implemented, but were not allowed to before?
    The class system is a complete disaster, it needs fixing to be a successful game, instead of what it is now.
    If the powers to be (read as ones in charge) would not let it be implemented then it must of been working the way "they" intended/wanted, why else not allow it to be "fixed". So saying we are fixing this cause its never worked the way it was intended in wrong, more like its not working the way we feel it should be so we are not "fixing" it we are changing it.

If a spell spellcaster has focused his/her attention on a spell to cast then, suddenly he/she needs a "timeout" before casting another of the same type just lower (easier), then shouldn't casting a completely differant spell require a "timeout" while the spellcaster refocuses his/her attention to casting a totally differant spell? Maybe all spells should be timer linked? Think that would be good? Would be more realistic at least.

With the class system being a complete disaster I guess maybe I wasn't that far off wondering if maybe the next change is no more masterable skills? Lets get those mages back in their own clothing where they belonged all the time.

Im not trying to be down on Vi, I do feel they are doing what they think is best, I just don't happen to agree with this particular change. I feel this is a response to all the mega rating ones that take on whole swarms of high level mobs easily wiping them out. I'm just frustrated the "fix" is hurting the lil guy lvl 30, 40, 50etc thats just trying to survive without taking forever to improve themselves.

Maybe if I had a several level 100 classes under my belt I'd feel differant, the change would make the game more challenging. I'm just trying to get ONE level 100 class, the change has just made it more frustrating then anything else.

The fix has required a more "kill one at a time while 2 others are beating on you" type of playstyle. Maybe the rating 150+ ones can do this but its dang hard on a lvl 30 doing it. Or I guess low levels are supposed to spend more time trying to get a single mob alone so not being pounded by the other 2 then actually killing anything and needing to do this about 100 or more times just to gain a level.

Before its also pointed out that I just maybe don't know what I'm doing if I'm having so much trouble getting my first class to 100, you'd be absolutely right. I'm not a powerleveler, I play for fun, just right now with this change my "fun" hasn't gone up.

No worries though I'll either adapt or decide to move on, think for now I'll just go back to crafting, at least I still enjoy that, while I ponder my life in Istaria.

Every thing looks great but the spell Linking we gots to talk kk.

I have been away for a bit becouse will p*ss on the last company they blep.

I'm very glade to see you guys back even if under a differnt company name

It's why I'm back.

Now on to spell linking. You need to think this one out first your going to need to change timers and how much damg spells do and how long they cast for and how they work.

Or you will brake more then a few of the caster classes to nothing.

Fast touch as I did not read the post before but Dragon casters probly already covered. I'm one.

Two Arcane Schools of Mage depend heavly on This play style. We need to cast lower trie spells to kill stuff or bolt. Asking a Mage to bolt is like asking a
    Warroir to put his favorit weapon a way and go monk style it is not a good thing.

Of all the Arcan schools only Wizards do alot of Bolting and do kk. Mage/Sorrcer/and Conj. All cc Nuke cc Nuke becouse that's what works.

If they could bolt to kill they already would becouse thats alot easyer but they dont becouse you die;(

Cloth armor realy dos not stop damg. rip the cc nuke from this guys is only going to make it a 100 times harder on them then any one alse.

At least Dragons have armor and a HoT heal spell and Wizards have reflective
    damg ablity and stuning tech on there bolt thats how they kill so that changes little for them.

Mages mite even be kk at higher levels with more abiltys for cc and Nuke and then when all there cc nuke timers are down they can change up to stun teched energy bolt but to get to that level is going to suck big time with this change.

But basicly your only making it harder on the caster classes and most of the high damg output caster classes dont have heals or armor.

Your real problem is Healing/Platewearing/AoE nukeing Multi level 100's ped's.

Your going to serisly hurt the caster classes with this change becouse of them.

Thats my two cents make of it what you will.

I'm still glade your back
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

They did mention revamping all the adventure classes, giving them new abilities, and some uniqueness to the classes. Thats more of an 'over time' thing though. They probably have a lot going on right now with broken Order plots and the new client.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thread Information