Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Developer Discussion: Big Changes in Delta 120

With the way everyone is talking about the spell timers being linked consider this:

Perhaps it's because they needed to get the delta out today to prove they're working?
    Perhaps it's only the first step in rebalancing the spells?
    Perhaps it's a fix that has been long in the making due to other interruptions?
    And perhaps there's yet to come to make spellcasting a stronger set of adventuring possibilities as they get more deltas put in?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Binding Crystals will now be broken by player damage. It also has a greater effect on the target?s fire resistance.[*]Bind will now break when the target is damaged.
    - from patch notes a couple years ago

Come to think, it's been so long I forgot how Binding Crystals originally worked. I believe there was actually no set allotted damage on Binding Crystals before it would break. The spell may have held the mob in place just until the timer wore off, the timer being increased for higher tiers.

I'll be excited to see the new confectioner silos go live. Cooking takes up sooooo much storage space if you want any variety.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    With the way everyone is talking about the spell timers being linked consider this:

Perhaps it's because they needed to get the delta out today to prove they're working?
    Perhaps it's only the first step in rebalancing the spells?
    Perhaps it's a fix that has been long in the making due to other interruptions?
    And perhaps there's yet to come to make spellcasting a stronger set of adventuring possibilities as they get more deltas put in?
    Unfortunately none of the devs I've ever talked to acknowledged that there was a problem with certain spellcasting schools. They knew that linked spells were a problem, and they fixed that problem. But that's it. As far as they are concerned nature is now a perfect spell line, and nature schools need nothing more. Well, except for cloak of thorns (which they want to nerf... again), and they recognize the lack of adventure and school specific quests. But other than that... nothing:P.

I've never been able to get any of them to even admit that archer classes are borked all to heck, and that one is obvious to anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of the gameplay in HZ.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    As far as they are concerned nature is now a perfect spell line, and nature schools need nothing more. Well, except for cloak of thorns (which they want to nerf... again), and they recognize the lack of adventure and school specific quests.
    Buh, I kinda doubt that.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'd be all for the original ancient models too - or if you don't want to make us that big, a BIT more taller at least ? it would be nice to have a more severe difference from an adult to an ancient, just so everyone can tell from the first sigh if its an ancient or not.

But nothing of it feels more important then having my dragon ivy back right now I am sure I mentioned it already --

I miss my ivy
    I miss her so much *cries*
    I'm sure there is a fairly simple fix to this... Oh yea, there is... Decrease the size of the Adult dragon to slightly larger then the difference between the hatchie and Ancient.. that way the difference would be plainly noticeable.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Unfortunately none of the devs I've ever talked to acknowledged that there was a problem with certain spellcasting schools.
    gopher, why not let "the developers" speak for themselves? Say what you think, but don't put words in anyone else's mouth.

As for this patch, I'm one happy dragon. I did some checking on Blight today and it appears that the lairshaping changes cut the required resources by 50% or more for the "smaller" things (not like the grand halls, but those should take a lot of work, in my opinion.)

I'm going to go do one more happy dragon loop around my lair.

Forward movement again!! Go go gadget Vitrium!

Unfortunately none of the devs I've ever talked to acknowledged that there was a problem with certain spellcasting schools. They knew that linked spells were a problem, and they fixed that problem. But that's it. As far as they are concerned nature is now a perfect spell line, and nature schools need nothing more. Well, except for cloak of thorns (which they want to nerf... again), and they recognize the lack of adventure and school specific quests. But other than that... nothing:P.

I've never been able to get any of them to even admit that archer classes are borked all to heck, and that one is obvious to anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of the gameplay in HZ.

The spell timer fix is but one of many fixes and adjustments that are needed and necessary for class balancing. I'm pretty sure the devs have a good understanding that this change will in turn throw a whole bunch of other things out of whack.

As an example, many mobs were strengthened after the merger because many adventure classes were way too powerful. The non-existent spell timers added to this, as it was one thing that gave many people that multiclassed the ability to take on huge groups of mobs easily and without too much risk (Remember Elnath?). As a result, the devs strengthened many mobs in order to make it harder.

Obviously, those prior changes will have to be re-evaluated.. in fact, EVERYTHING is going to have to be re-evaluated... and I'm pretty sure that the developers know and understand this

-Menkure

But, in the meantime, it puts us at a serious disadvantage until the mobs are set to not being so overpowerful. While I don't like the changes for the chain, I do understand it and am currently working on making my gear that will better suffice what I am fighting. Sadly, because I play so much, I have to solo a lot, and if it means lots of dp's as a result, it will be mightily discourging. But, we will see what happens. No threats of quitting, that doesn't accomplish anything either.

On the whole, I am pleased with the delta, ermm or the patch, ehh.

Things that made me go O.o

Nadia Prices going down

Lairs taking less materials to make the mondane things (like lair chambers and corridors) but keeping the levels on machines and halls. I thought it was rediculous for as much material I used on my tier 5 lair chamber, to have it only hold far less than my tier 3 hall does.
    Question: Let's say they reduce the resource cost of a structure you have already built. Will I be able to deconstruct it and get 80% of the novians back from the original construction cost? or will I get 80% of the new construction requirements?

New timers on spells that are linked are going to screw up my ranger If any consolation; get rid of the linked timers on special arrow attacks

STACKABLE BOTTLE CAPS!!! OMG!

Question: are Tricuts going to 1:1:1 this patch? huh huh huh?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Question: Let's say they reduce the resource cost of a structure you have already built. Will I be able to deconstruct it and get 80% of the novians back from the original construction cost? or will I get 80% of the new construction requirements?
    I don't mean to be speaking for the developpers here, but I do remember one telling me way back that the novians granted back are always based on the resources originally put into the structure; the game keeps track of that. This is why when you have a dev complete a structure for you on Blight, and you delete it, you don't get anything back.

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

P.S. Oh no, I hadn't even been thinking about how much the linked spells will affect dragon spellcasters such as myself! It was the only thing letting us do even close to as much damage as the tooth and claw dragons! Maybe a wider variety of spells is in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure View Post
    Obviously, those prior changes will have to be re-evaluated.. in fact, EVERYTHING is going to have to be re-evaluated... and I'm pretty sure that the developers know and understand this
    I would agree, but unfortunately I can't because of dragons. Now I like my dragon, but he has been balanced against the new mobs. That means if they nerf the new mobs in order to rebalance them against the weaker classes like the Monk schools, Ranger, Scout, (ahahaha) ELAR, and Knight of Creation, the mobs will be totally out of whack for the stronger single classes like Warrior, Mage, and Dragon. Not to mention the all-schools-at 100 crowd, or even the characters with 3-5 specifically chosen and tweaked classes.

Now I suppose I could do what AA0 suggests and tweak my ranger to its max potential by deleting most of my current adventure schools and starting over, but I really don't have that in me. And quite frankly that shouldn't be necessary for me to take such an extreme measure just to have a half-way usable character!

Why mess with the other models? The original models are there, most of us have used them for over a year; there are NO, I repeat: NO, issues with them. In fact, they fix the neck slit that was introduced with the nerfed models...

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    I'm sure there is a fairly simple fix to this... Oh yea, there is... Decrease the size of the Adult dragon to slightly larger then the difference between the hatchie and Ancient.. that way the difference would be plainly noticeable.

Ya know, with the original models, u have a clear line of sight underneath out bellies. With the nerfed ones, u don't. In any event; we dragons don't care what ground-stompers think of our size anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Landowyn View Post
    What? So even bigger lard butt dragons can go AFK on the Bristugo landing pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Why mess with the other models? The original models are there, most of us have used them for over a year; there are NO, I repeat: NO, issues with them. In fact, they fix the neck slit that was introduced with the nerfed models...
    You realize of course.. I was only jerkin all y'alls chain... lol...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Question: are Tricuts going to 1:1:1 this patch? huh huh huh?

That was put in with the delta before this that they link to in their discussion of Delta 120 so assume that yes it is as they would not link it other wise.

Yes, the structures remember what was put into them even if the build reqs change. So once the new requirements go live, you will be able to deconstruct say a silo, and have enough novians for 3-4 of the same silo due to the new reqs. The other quirk is that if say a structure takes 400 total construction units and you completed 2 types of units totalling 190 units; when the new reqs are in place and the structure only needs 200 units total, you will only have to place 10 units of any of the remaining to complete the structure. It calculates completion % based on the total number of units placed on the structure, regardless of what kind of units they were.

Drev

Well some monk lovin or atleast fixing..cool. The linked timers will take some getting used to I will have to actually check out how it plays out before I applaud or condemn it aside from saying it probably should have been in place since forever. Vault upgrade sounds good as well as the addition of task oriented storage structures.

Looks good so far can't wait to venture out and play.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Yes, the structures remember what was put into them even if the build reqs change. So once the new requirements go live, you will be able to deconstruct say a silo, and have enough novians for 3-4 of the same silo due to the new reqs. The other quirk is that if say a structure takes 400 total construction units and you completed 2 types of units totalling 190 units; when the new reqs are in place and the structure only needs 200 units total, you will only have to place 10 units of any of the remaining to complete the structure. It calculates completion % based on the total number of units placed on the structure, regardless of what kind of units they were.

Drev
    Huh. That's interesting Drevar.

So far, these changes look pretty good and go a long way towards making the game more fun and less frustrating. Good job guys!

Though, I'm a bit concerned about the changes to linked spell timers. I'll concede that it's probably a good idea that they be linked, though I suspect that the recycle timers, cast delay, potency and/or techniques will need some tweaking. I'll have more to say on this once I get a chance to play with them.

Thread Information