Cleric is one of the most versatile characters in game, no one can match cleric's ability to defend him/herself and the group he/she is fighting in.

Cleric's defenses are massive, both armour rating and with highest shield skill around combined with such healing power only Healer it self could surpass but only by a small difference. Smart skillpoint allocation makes this class the most durable character ever seen, a character that can easily beat creatures 20 levels above him/herself. Damage output is not big, but severely under valued and the lies about cleric's hit chance travel far.

Suggested stat allocation:

1hc - Keepstabile with your level
Augmentation - Keep stabile with your level
Dex/Str - Rest, Dex improves hit chance, Str damage. I use Dex for i have big damage hammers.

Few pointers about cleric leveling.

Try to get always the currentarmour, weapon and shieldof your level/skill, and remember you get less Armor Use skill than some other schools, but you are able to wear up to plate. Shield and weapons you should get to use with even lvl vs use skill for example an Fine Steel Warhammer of Smash 55/550. This means 55 lvl required and 550 weapon skill that isone hand crush.

When you reach at lvl 20-25, you should start hunt creatures about 10 lvls above you, these will be hard, but not impossible.

At abouts lvl 35, try to get warhammer of your level socketed and with smash tech from a weaponsmith, then try to seek a weapon jewel with Fire or Energy damage of lvl 35 requirements and equip it with your weapon, this will ease your damage output -greatly- and will help you level faster from now on.

Cleric's best friends, use when combat:

Dispirit Foe: Combat debuff single foe.
Dispirit Foes: Combat debuff all foes in radius. Lvl 55 ability i think.
Gleaming Shield: Increases armor, effects party members in radius.
Evasive Style: Increases evasion.
Cherub's Touch: Makes the enemy weaker against crush attacks.
Aura of Resistance: Resistance wards against Slash, Crush and Pierce.

Spells:

Get all your tier augmentation and heal spells.
Preferably with techs after you reach tier 2.
Cleanse and Healing amount teched.

With a group your cleric will be so much fun you will never want to do other classes again. In a group you can play as the tanker or as healer and using the protection abilities, which way is better for your group.

See you in Istaria my cleric brothers and sisters!