Thread: Today is September 15th . . .

Default Today is September 15th . . .

Tick TICK tick TICK Tick TICK

Does anyone know if they will stick to the deadline or extend it a few days for those that can't pay yet, won't pay until they are assured that their Unity characters or those that have Vista machines are able to play?

Tick TICK tick TICK Tick TICK
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Today is September 15th . . .

I just have to wonder why so many people assume they will not offer the Unity people a deal once they figure out what/how they can get their toons back. But I guess they think the same thing me and my assume they willoffer them a deal once they are ready.

The Vista problem I have no clue about. I hope they fix it soon but even thought I fall under the problem I am still supporting them with a sub.

This is on log in, so I would assume that it is today ending for the rates:

Community: Subscription Reminder 9/9/2007
    Just to remind everyone that the grace period for setting up your subscription will expire shortly, as well as the Grandfather subscription promotion. Please log into https://accounts.istaria.com to add a subscription to your account.

Thank you,

Horizons Development Team

Still waiting for a response from my ticket to combine accounts on my end. As long as I don't get stuck with the $14.95 a month because my request was not answered in time I will be fine.

Deth, you keep thinking that it is all about the grandfather-deal with the Unity people.
    It isn't; that is just one part of it. And maybe even that part is more 'why can't they simply sáy that Unity-people will or won't have that possibility, once they can be transfered', then that it is about a yes or no even to it; but WHY NOT SAY... that's a question that gets Unity-people real worried ('why aren't they answering these questions? Does that mean they can't transfer anything? Or what?').

But aside from grandfather yes or no (I myself won't be using that offer anyhow, I will go for gifted, for example) there is quite another matter why many Unity-people are nót taking, or wanting to take, subscriptions yet. We need to first, not afterwards, hear what will be possible for Unity-people or not. Because not all Unity-folks will be coming back, if they transfer only characters, for instance. There would be more (a lot more, I think myself) coming back if they also manage to transfer plots, or their contents with new comparable plots available. And the number coming back if they would manage to make a new Unity-shard would be a different number again.

And because of all this many of those waiting, knowing that certain options will (probably or certainly) not be enough for them to get them enthusiastic and playing again but not knowing which options will be possible and acceptable for Virtrium at this moment, are feeling cornered by the situation; by getting to a deadline, today, that they seem to háve to subscribe if they want a grandfathered account (seeing nothing is being answered on all the questions about this) OR WANT TO PLAY at all, even if without their main characters yet (they will need á subscription for that from now on, whichever one!); but on the other hand knowing they might not want any subscription at all (depending on what Virtrium can and will do for Unity; which isn't being said nów, before this deadline).

If Virtrium would either let them know that the deadline isn't a deadline for thém (so grandfather accounts when they can be transfered, and free play until they cán tell what will happen); or let it be known, if they allready know themselves of course, whát they are actually planning for Unity; then you wouldn't see this uncertainty and cornered feelings, and you and Virtrium might well see the sub-count rising fast (because words by Virtrium are worth their weight, enough will trust on just words to allready sub, if those words hold enough for them; but as long as words aren't heard... well... that's where we are...)

Hope you understand a bit better now what is the matter for many Unity-people (maybe with exception of those that know they will want to play whatever the options, plus don't care for a grandfathered sub).

(And as to Vista-problems: if that was my problem, I would sub too; because of cóurse they will get that problem out of the way: they háve to to ensure the games future, so they will, in whatever way and even if it takes a while. But Unity isn't comparable: nothing they háve to do with that to ensure a future for Horizons, that is open for everything save their words, that they want to transfer characters; nothing is known about anything else, and certainty on the characters, even if it would still take a while, isn't there yet either.)

Well, it seems obvious that VI has determined that ~ 20 days is enough time to inform the ex-players of Hz's new ownership, current fixes, grandfather rates . . . . then a follow-up about plot reclamation.

As for Unity players . . . . dunno.

As for Windows Vista . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by trial
    WINDOWS VISTA CURRENTLY IS NOT SUPPORTED
    http://www.istaria.com/trial.php

That and dual-core likely not going to happen for a while . . . . talking about the Evolution Engine (server and client), coded in 2003 with tweaks, running on a buggy 2007 operating system and 2006/2007 hardware (thus its drivers).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Iam kinda worried too Its not so much about missing out on a deal, for me its like this :

While Unity went down I restarted another dragon on Chaos, which spent quite a significant time on lairshaping another large lair I was able to afford thanks to my guildmates. Now Iam really worried about losing my lair on chaos, mostly because its really hard to find nice lairs there and because of all these efforts I put into it.

Please do not force me to subscribe in order to keep my lair even though I have no clue whats gona happen to my beloved Ivy now . I dont care about anything else but my character on Unity and would gladly rebuilt the lair I lost on Unity on Chaos, but please dont make me lose twice the effort ! And I would not be interested in keeping up a subscription without my old dragon ( I dont even care about my high level alts ).

well hopefully they wont do a plot reclamation until have, at least announced char transfer procedure, and preferable transfered chars and transfers will work something like this

they look at unity chars and "novianise" your existing plot(s)/lair(s) and assign the char a token or give coin value of plot/lair (unlikely could transfer plot/lair intact due to people already having same plot/lair)

then you get to pick order or chaos

they then transfer the char (renaming if necessary to prevent overwriting existing chars with same name) to the chosen shard

you can then optionally rename chars to get right names

then you should have the unity and order/chaos chars on same account

to prevent problems of transferring plots/lairs between chars
    im guessing they could, since can get multiple subscriptions on one account now, give something like a free 48 hour subscription to allow you to get both chars on at once to move things between them and organise right number of char slots

you wouldn't get two lairs but could effectively merge your old unity one and existing one

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Iam kinda worried too Its not so much about missing out on a deal, for me its like this :

While Unity went down I restarted another dragon on Chaos, which spent quite a significant time on lairshaping another large lair I was able to afford thanks to my guildmates. Now Iam really worried about losing my lair on chaos, mostly because its really hard to find nice lairs there and because of all these efforts I put into it.

Please do not force me to subscribe in order to keep my lair even though I have no clue whats gona happen to my beloved Ivy now . I dont care about anything else but my character on Unity and would gladly rebuilt the lair I lost on Unity on Chaos, but please dont make me lose twice the effort ! And I would not be interested in keeping up a subscription without my old dragon ( I dont even care about my high level alts ).
    I am in unision with you, Ivy. I have not worked as much on my lair yet, but it still has sentimental value.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    That and dual-core likely not going to happen for a while . . . . talking about the Evolution Engine (server and client), coded in 2003 with tweaks, running on a buggy 2007 operating system and 2006/2007 hardware (thus its drivers).
    I'll argue that one, Jaraiden. I happen to be running a Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz processor with 2GB RAM and on 1.5MBps DSL, my average FPS is about 40. I've seen numbers from 24-78 depending on where I am, and that's with another computer using the same network running WoW at the same time.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Well....Bummer...

guess I missed the Grandfather deal but.... seein how i got no official word on a Vista fix.... .and am not able to play... i certainly am not coughin up the money to sub up

ohh well...

Thread Information