Thread: Dragon Craft Grind

Default Dragon Craft Grind

Moving the discussion over here, from the delta 119/120 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Well, the problem is, you see...

When I was in the mid-20s DCRA, there were only a few options open to me:

Arcane Refusal: I had 100% Optimization, but the guy who owned a Stoneworking machine and a Scholar's desk near each other, decided to tear down his buildings. I looked around, everywhere, for these machines that are anywhere near Sandstone, but none to be found, anywhere. The sheer logistics killed any method of getting decent XP. And even then, the XP was starting to fall off from doing this, an entire Tarbash disk full of Spell Shards (which would take an hour plus to obtain) didn't even give a full level, more like 75% of one. Add to that the 15 min of dragging that disk to a scholar's desk, and um... yeah.

Dragon Crafter Quests: They wanted T2 materials, which I was 5:1 or 4:1 at the time. No thanks.

T1 Scales: Too few XP. You can do a diskfull of metal bars and get maybe 10% of your TNL. Woo.

T2 Anything: 5:1 or 4:1. Sucks, and sucks bad for Xp, not to mention you dig 1-3 at a time.

So just what did they intend for you to make around 25-30ish? That, and it is kinda dumb, that 5-10 levels into a Tier, you are STILL 4:1, or worse, 5:1 in T2 materials.... not to mention, how boring it gets, working the same Sandstone and Bronze for 25+ levels... that gets real old, fast.

Default Re: Dragon Craft Grind

Bleh. I didnt want to clutter up that thread. Anyway.

Try to think of it as the tier to work being offset into your current craft teir by 1/2 a tier. That is, you switch to T2 around 30, T3 around 50, T4 around 70, T5 around 90. You can switch earlier if you get enough skill bonuses (player shops, buffs, teched items, potions and crystals).

As for your current situation, try working the resources near Nuthala. There is a sanstone quarry there and a bronze mine to the East (directly on the other side of the mountain). There are rich nodes and a motherlodes in both of them. There are scales optimal at 250, 260, and 280 scalecraft.

I've just realised that I can't remember where my cargo disk is... it's 'deployed' somewhere. Guess I'll have to use the arrow and run for it. Would Nuthala be good for a lev 12 crafter to chew on sandstone too?

Rakku

Did they not add map markers for Disk last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Would Nuthala be good for a lev 12 crafter to chew on sandstone too?

Rakku

Yes, just beware of the sandstone golems - you can kill them for xp and level both crafting and adventure at the same time

Thread Information